any one from iowa? - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - North Central
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #51 (permalink)

Member # 101170
Des Moines, IA

SYNDICATE BIATCHES
irocyj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 121712
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywagoneersdotcom View Post
Tuttle trip on April 4.

Will make a new thread for Eastern NE / Western IA.
if i still have my rig ill try and make it, but the previous owner lost the title or somthing and soppusedly you cant buy a vehicle with out a title in iowa
jtlb150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 65100
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlb150 View Post
if i still have my rig ill try and make it, but the previous owner lost the title or somthing and soppusedly you cant buy a vehicle with out a title in iowa
We'll find you a seat if nothing else.

PM me about the rig.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:39 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 8553
Another DSM Syndicate here...

Would anyone like some sandwhiches?
Old 02-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 10167
I am in Des Moines. I am a member of the 4x4 Syndicate Off Road Club, Inc.

And I will pass on the sammiches.....I will take some smores and oreo's though!

Last edited by big85blazer; 02-10-2009 at 06:42 AM.
big85blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 10167
Oh and about 600 acres...and wheeling in Iowa in general

The only reason we used to be able to wheel there is because it was managed and controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers, NOT the DNR. The Army would have training exercises there and when that was happening no one was allowed on the land. Otherwise they pretty much gave all vehicles free reign of the place. The Corps, for what ever reason, quit using this area and it's in control of the DNR now. The DNR is full of hateraid for full size rigs and thus we are not allowed. I am pretty sure that this land was not offered up to the Trail Hogs as I was a member of the Trail Hogs and I don't recall hearing of this.

People, we have no public place to wheel IN THIS STATE!! NO WHERE!

There is an association called the Iowa Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs that has been trying to work with the DNR, local, and state governments to get wheeling access to full size rigs. I would recommend to any person living in this state to join a club involved with the Iowa Association and get involved. Ask questions and educate yourself about the situation. Now that we have a new director of the DNR and a new governor there is renewed hope and more opportunity to get our side of the story heard.

Search for the IA association, join a club involved with the IA association and get involved. Hell go form your own club and join the association.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #57 (permalink)
FRONTIER 4X4

Member # 35054
The most hardcore club in central Iowa.

www.4x4syndicate.com

Facebook Fan Page

www.frontierSxS.com - Looking for SxS parts? Check it out!
www.offroadexposure.com - Everything off-road
www.offroadiowa.com - Iowa's off-road information source
lgraham09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #58 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73175
Quote:
Originally Posted by big85blazer View Post
The only reason we used to be able to wheel there is because it was managed and controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers, NOT the DNR. The Army would have training exercises there and when that was happening no one was allowed on the land.
Not true, my buddy helped them pull out a stuck H1.

Quote:
I am pretty sure that this land was not offered up to the Trail Hogs as I was a member of the Trail Hogs and I don't recall hearing of this.
Not sure about this either. At one of the atv club meetings my buddy attended, there was a DNR officer that told them that was the case.
However, I wasn't there, so I didn't hear it myself.

Last edited by bigfkr; 02-10-2009 at 11:53 AM.
bigfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 10167
Oh fuck..I'm not going to argue with you about who did what. My point was that the DNR wasn't managing the land. I was out there and turned away because it was guard weekend and the whole place was shut down. You better get Hercule Poirot on the case.

You aren't sure about me not hearing about the DNR turning 600 acres over to the Trail Hogs? What is your deal? Thanks for your attempt to discredit me.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #60 (permalink)
PDE

Member # 88178
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip124 View Post
Every time I look up MIOBI to go on a run with you guys my shit breaks. Seems to happen quite a bit and when it does it's no bueno. Apartment = No Garage = Trailer it back to DM
When your shit breaks come to my house!! Bring beer and we will see what we can do.....Duplex=1 car garage!!
PDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #61 (permalink)

Member # 65100
Send a message via Yahoo to rustywagoneersdotcom
Quote:
Oh fuck..I'm not going to argue with you about who did what. My point was that the DNR wasn't managing the land. I was out there and turned away because it was guard weekend and the whole place was shut down. You better get Hercule Poirot on the case.

You aren't sure about me not hearing about the DNR turning 600 acres over to the Trail Hogs? What is your deal? Thanks for your attempt to discredit me.
Both of you get your asses down to Tuttle Apr 4 and bitch about it there.
:flipoff 2::flipoff 2::flipoff 2::flipoff2 :
Old 02-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #62 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73175
Quote:

Dude, stop being a pussy. I told you what I was told by someone who talked to a DNR officer. I didn't say it was true, as I said, I wasn't there. Maybe the officer was wrong, maybe you are. I don't give a shit either way. All I do know for certain is that 600 acres is closed to trucks and that really sucks. Even if it wasn't exactly hard core, it was close and I have had a lot of fun there in the last 25 years or so. As you said, we now have no public place to play in the state of Iowa. I totally agree with you that we all need to get together and do something about it.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 PM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 36152
so Bigfkr would the rigs you saw tearing up 600 acres, be a red ranger with chrome links , 44'' swampers and healthy motor, green and white chevy with tractor tires. maybe a red toyota with 44's and a red s10 with tractor tires , and possible a ford regular cab with 42s and a flatbed ,,,,just curious
pxcr440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 36152
iowa

oh yea from around waterloo,iowa, wheel in dresser,wi rochester,mn and down with the MIOBI crew a few times a year and yes that area i always break stuff ,,and a puddle in hudson
Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #65 (permalink)

Member # 26165
Send a message via Yahoo to zukibrothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxcr440 View Post
so Bigfkr would the rigs you saw tearing up 600 acres, be a red ranger with chrome links , 44'' swampers and healthy motor, green and white chevy with tractor tires. maybe a red toyota with 44's and a red s10 with tractor tires , and possible a ford regular cab with 42s and a flatbed ,,,,just curious
something like this?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 AM   #66 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73175
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukibrothers View Post
something like this?
That could be it. I don't remember the other trucks described above, although there were a couple other trucks there....
Old 02-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 25936
clinton,ia here.havent done much wheeling with my jeep since moving back here from wa.st.mostly into the mud bogging scene with my truck now.lots of races around this area for those interested
mudluvr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 129156
Send a message via Yahoo to highstrungbronco
big85blazer is right. the corps of engineers ran the land at 600 acres until the government signed it over to the state. at which point the dnr took it over. it was also around this time that everything started going downhill. once the state had control they could do with it as they saw fit. and he's also right about it being closed during drill weekends back then too. maybe your buddy got lucky, but they didn't allow you to run in there when they were in there. it was probably a right place right time thing. but above all else now it doesn't really matter. there isn't enough space left to bother with fullsize rigs anymore anyway. and i sincerely hope we do get a public orv park in iowa, but i'm not getting my hopes up. and lastly i wholeheartedly agree on everyone get into a club, hell, get into as many as you can. and we all make our voices heard. that is the only way we will ever get what we want and deserve.
highstrungbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #69 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73175
I knew the Army Corps of Engineers used to control the place, I didn't know that they officially turned it over to the DNR before it was closed to us.

I used to talk to the DNR officers when they would stop by. They used to ask us if there were any stuck vehicles (or abandoned ones) back there because they didn't want to go back there themselves.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 10167
Sorry I was just trying to set a few facts straight and show any Iowan's reading this that the DNR is really our biggest challenge, and to point out that we have no public place to wheel. Which is pretty pathetic really when we have abandoned quarries and strip mines that are perfect for what we do, rotting away until the State reclaims them and we can't even take piss on a tree there without getting arrested. For some reason the old administration just didn't want to do anything for us. Now with the economy in ruins I personally feel we are fucked. Our only hope will be private land owners who allow us to recreate on their property. Hopefully I am wrong.

I'll go drink bleach, gargle razor blades and stop being a pussy. Proceed to represent the states off road community in this posting without further input from me.

See you guys on the trails! Too bad it will have to be in another state.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:41 AM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 36152
that ranger is prob the one you are talking about , he is a buddy of mine , its got 47 tractors on it now and the front is tubed out, normally he is not to rowdy of driver, that pic was taken in the playground at miobi i would say , either early last summer or the summer before
Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #72 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 13234
Grinnell
Old 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #73 (permalink)

Member # 107547
Cedar Rapids, Tall Corn Cruisers!
Dudleyfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #74 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 73175
Quote:
Sorry I was just trying to set a few facts straight and show any Iowan's reading this that the DNR is really our biggest challenge, and to point out that we have no public place to wheel. Which is pretty pathetic really when we have abandoned quarries and strip mines that are perfect for what we do, rotting away until the State reclaims them and we can't even take piss on a tree there without getting arrested. For some reason the old administration just didn't want to do anything for us. Now with the economy in ruins I personally feel we are fucked. Our only hope will be private land owners who allow us to recreate on their property. Hopefully I am wrong.

I'll go drink bleach, gargle razor blades and stop being a pussy. Proceed to represent the states off road community in this posting without further input from me.

See you guys on the trails! Too bad it will have to be in another state.
Don't you dare drink bleach, we need all the informed wheelers out there we can get! Now go join a local club or two and maybe we'll see you on the private trails in Iowa....
Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #75 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 52396
Council Bluffs for now