Pirate 4x4 banner

Montana checking in!

65K views 412 replies 89 participants last post by  mudrunnr 
#1 ·
Welcome from Montana. Anyone looking for 'wheeling info for montana can check us out at our statewide club website m4x4a.org We have a group of about 10 rigs headed to Moab the week of March 14 thru the 22nd. Enjoy!

#339 ·
As of about one hour ago I accepted a job in Malta MT, so if everything works out in the next two weeks I will be moving 2200 miles North West.

Are any of you guys near Malta or better yet know anyone that way. Been a member on Pirate a while but typically stick to the NC4X4.com and the toyota forums.

I drive a 96 Tacoma

#340 ·
As of about one hour ago I accepted a job in Malta MT, so if everything works out in the next two weeks I will be moving 2200 miles North West.

Are any of you guys near Malta or betàter yet know anyone that way. Been a member on Pirate a while but typically stick to the NC4X4.om and the toyota forums.

I drive a 96 Tacoma
Are you an oilfield worker? If not, have you looked at Malta on the map?

IME it's a fuel stop between Havre and Glasgow.. not much around there, though the old Zortman mine could be fun to visit.

I guess it is a pretty big town - it is big enough to sport one fast food joint, the local DQ.

#342 ·
There is a little bit of wheeling near Malta. Head 50 miles south to Zortman, in the Little Rockies. Trails out of the campground around the mine and Fort Belknap reservation. If you are into target shooting, the prairie dogs around Zortman draw marksmen from all around.

#344 ·
tires

i am seeking tires(in montana obviously) for my yota build! i have 16 inch rims~ would consider trading my rims and tires for rims and tires or throw some money or itd be great if someone had some 16 inch tires kicking around looking for 315/75/16 or so tires lmk thanks guys!

#353 · (Edited)
for sale feeler

i am just wondering if anyone out in montana (helena) would be interested in my 85 toyota extended cab solid axle with lots of extra parts, has a 3" lift kit, missing a motor. i have a motor but it needs rebuilt and installed. i have an extra tranny, 2 extra cases, complete extra regular cab, a extra bobbed bed, 2 extra ifs rear ends with same gearing. and much more... this is just a feeler to see if anyone here wants it. i will sell or trade it for another project or a motorcycle or jeep? lmk i can send pics if interested...

#355 ·
Anybody going up blacktail fathers day weekend, MTXJA will be rolling up there and will be selling hot dogs hamburgers and MTXJA stickers, we will also have orders for our next stickers coming around the end of this month, ( other stickers will be MT___A so Jk xj mj yotta ford and so on...) hope to see a lot of people up there :)

#357 ·
Places to go!

I live in Bozeman and am willing to drive as far as Moab in any direction. I don't yet have the best off road vehicle but still am looking for a great place to take my even more offroad trailer to go camping for about a week in the middle of nowhere. Where are the best places to go that I can have fun but won't get stuck in my stock suburban?:rolleyes: :p :)

#360 ·
Run down to the Forest Service office and grab a map. There are lots of places that a stock truck can have some fun.

Do you know whare Chico Hot Springs is? Just north of it is a trail we called Eurika Mine. A full size will have no problem and it realy gets up there. Might have a bit of snow on the top right now so you will probubly have to wate till July.

#374 ·
anfkndy:15186282 said:
Checking in from Whitefish anybody going for a snow run around here, i really need to get out . 87 exo'd 4runner Doved front n rear
Heading out sunday if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.