6th Annual Wind River 4x4 rally Lander, Wyoming - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - North Central
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
6th Annual Wind River 4x4 rally Lander, Wyoming

Hey all, The 6th annual Wind River 4x4 Association is on schedule for June 19-21st. We invite you to come up to Lander, Wyoming to participate!
This is the largest off-road event in the state!

Dates: June 19th-21st. Registration on the 18th at 4-7PM Sleeping Bear Campground and RV park in Lander. http://www.sleepingbearrvpark.com/

Friday June 19th: Meeting/ Trail runs 8:30 AM. Trail runs, choose Extreme or optional, Evening run for all starts at 7PM.

Saturday June 20th: Meeting/ Trail runs, 8:30 am Choose from Christina Lake, Sawmill or Shoshone Lake. Trail ratings will be discussed at meeting to determine the best fit for your vehicle/experience.

Sunday Show and Shine June 21st: Show starts at 9:00 AM At Antelope Park on Main St. in Lander. (Across the highway from the Lander post office)

Raffle: 4 prizes will be raffled off this year. 12000 pound winch, $300 Cabelas Gift Certificate, $100 Gift Certificate to 4WheelDrive Hardware, and a $50 gas card! Raffle tickets may be purchased with your pre-registration or from WR4X4 members throughout the event. Drawing will be held June 21st at the show. Winners need not be present to win.

Plaques will be awarded to show category winners, peoples Choice, and Participants choice.

Prize drawings for earlybird registations prior to June, 16th 2009.

Door prize drawings at the Dinner and Campfire on Saturday night 7PM at Sleeping Bear RV Park.

Award for furthest travelled to the event!

Door prizes will be awarded throughout the sunday show!

The Grand prize will be $500 !!!

Register Here http://app.formassembly.com/forms/view/12448

Other links to our area:
Lander Chamber of Commerce
http://www.landerchamber.org/events.aspx?id=841

www.windriver4x4.com/events.html
crzyxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
We where planning a 4th of july trip but it might not work out now. So we where thinking of coming down to Lander. Just wandering if you still had room. Also how extreme is the extreme? Hopefully we are talking 4+to 5. Or is it just one obstacle on the trail? We where going to the black hills and running some of their stuff again, so I was hoping for some fun styff down there. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyork View Post
We where planning a 4th of july trip but it might not work out now. So we where thinking of coming down to Lander. Just wandering if you still had room. Also how extreme is the extreme? Hopefully we are talking 4+to 5. Or is it just one obstacle on the trail? We where going to the black hills and running some of their stuff again, so I was hoping for some fun stUff down there. Thanks for the info.
Where we play is as easy or hard as you make it. Definately worth the trip to Lander. We have plenty of room at www.sleepingbearrvpark.com Make sure you mention the rally when you make reservations. There is also quite a bit of free camping/rv sites available as well. You can register here. http://app.formassembly.com/forms/view/12448

We also have several trails with some good obstacles. One of them was runner up in the BFG Outstanding trails program this year.

Hope to see you there!
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Thanks for the info. I didn't realize there where some good trails down that way. Have to make a trip sometime if I don't make the rally. I had heard there where some by Thermopolis, but haven't ran into anybody that wheels that direction, yet. Do you guys post runs on the web site or is it better to just email someone and ask. First I should ask do you guys mind nonmembers coming along? Thanks
Old 06-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
non members are welcome, I live in Sheridan now and am looking for some good wheeling nearby as well.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
This weekend friday thru Sunday! Hope to see some of you there!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Thanks for the info on Lander. But I have too much crap going on up here. So I have to bail. Was looking forward to meeting some of the wyoming guys. Oh well, someday I will have time to wheel again. If I get the time to make it down that way I'll try and give you guys a shout.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Hey, PLEASE keep me updated on any future events up there. We have the time to come up and wheel. I'm going up to Cody, Gardiner and Cook City the week before the 4th. I'm going to hit the Goose Lake trail if it is passable.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Have you been on the goose lake trail before? There is nothing to difficult, specially on 42's. Scenery is nice though.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Have you been on the goose lake trail before? There is nothing to difficult, specially on 42's. Scenery is nice though.
Been going there since 93. I used to live in Montana and in Big Timber, MT. I'm not taking the Scout up there. Other than deep water crossings, there isn't anything there to challenge it.
We're taking the H3. It will perform considerably better than our old stock S-10 Blazer did on 31s. I'm certain of that.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Yeah the Hummer should do better. There is just a bunch of bowling balls to drive over going up there. How do you like the rockers?
Old 06-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Yeah the Hummer should do better. There is just a bunch of bowling balls to drive over going up there. How do you like the rockers?
The Rockers are great! They do work well on everything. Some tires will work better. Like the Boggers in the sand. These work in the sand, but don't have the bite that the Boggers do in climbing steep sand hills.
In the mud, the Rockers seem to do good too. I haven't been stuck in the mud with the Boggers or the Rockers yet.
The Rocker's sidewall have held up EXTREMELY well to the sharp jagged stuff. I am thoroughly, completely pleased in that category. I have two sidewall cut Boggers that I cut that I can compare them to. They blow MTRs out of the water.

On the dry rocks, they are close to the Iroks, just a minor detectable, noticeable difference in traction. The Rockers are slightly better. When the rocks are wet, I have climbed stuff that Iroks and Swampers couldn't.

On road, I wouldn't hesitate to drive them anywhere. I actually do drive them on the road a lot. People that have ridden with me remark that they couldn't believe they were not radials. Mine are not balanced either. I have had them up to 100 mph. With the Boggers, 85 mph was it.

For a all around tire, that I need, I won't buy anything else. I am that pleased with them.

The ultimate stamp of approval came from the Wife. She is so oblivious to stuff, that half the time she wouldn't notice you if you stood in front of her. When we go wheeling now over the same obstacles with the Rockers, she mentions how much easier they are to climb.

Last edited by Shadow man; 06-19-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Shadow man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 111100
i'm going to run some trails above sheridan in sunday because i can't afford the lander run. Maybe next year.
boost_junky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Nice to hear someones opinion that has been around some other tires. The only real off road tire I have ran is the IROK. I have been extremely please with them. Seems like I'm pulling traction when other guys are fighting it. MTR's and some TSL's. I have not went with anybody with rockers yet. I just wish they made the 44 in a 13.50 or 14.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 111100
pics
http://www.trailheaders.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=449

Last edited by boost_junky9; 06-21-2009 at 09:58 AM.
boost_junky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Swag Sales

Member # 90594
here are some pictures from it
Attached Images

Andrew Dial
Jedco Sales Inc.
jedcosales.com
PM me or email andrewd@jedcosales.com

We are family owned and in our 30th year! Big enough to get great products and prices. Small enough to know who you are!
dozer_xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Swag Sales

Member # 90594
another set
Attached Images

Andrew Dial
Jedco Sales Inc.
jedcosales.com

We are family owned and in our 30th year! Big enough to get great products and prices. Small enough to know who you are!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 75473

[lander4x4show/lander4x4show078-1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-21-2009, 08:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 75473

IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r258/BlazingWildHare/
Old 06-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 85758
Pics make me sorry I missed out. Is that an old rock quarry or something you guys where in or just some BLM land? I will definatley have to make it down there sometime. Maybe for next years run. Thanks for posting pics though.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Swag Sales

Member # 90594
These are not mine

These were taken by my friend Rebecca.
Attached Images

Andrew Dial
Jedco Sales Inc.
jedcosales.com

Old 06-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
Hey it was good to meet you Dozer. Thanks for coming down. Send me some of those pics!
Here are a few I took.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 84989
that looks like it turned out great....I love to see our WYOMING plates representing....... we need to stay focused on the wyoming rock crawling group....
we have a lot of rides.. just not a center for the activities.... the rock crawling comp we are putting on in superior wyoming over the 4th of july should be LARGE !!! and will be an annual event ..we will make it a point to be in the landers deal next year...just to support our cause...
307rockdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 100591
Superior is not all that far from Lander, When is your event?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 84989
over the 4th of july... tech inspection is friday the 3rd and first rounds start after that.... we have people comming from colorado and montana. looking like a good turn out ..10 15 rigs
307rockdog is offline   Reply With Quote