Who's from Jersey??? - Page 15 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #351 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 193171
Posts: 53
Upper Bergen County
Mike406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #352 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Member # 209928
Posts: 4
Whiting nj deep in the pines.......
JERZY7640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #353 (permalink)
Registered User
 
timberfab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Member # 101828
Location: central pa
Posts: 185
Originally from north jersey. Butler, kinnelon, west milford. Does any one from that area know a Tom Tanis. Used to wheel with his crew for a few years. Moved to pa and list track of him. Anyone know him and is he still wheeling?
__________________
twkcustom.com Cut Bend Weld
full fab shop 6x12 CNC Plasma
timberfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #354 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Member # 204236
Posts: 13
Well it looks like I finally found where the NJ off road crowd hangs out. Seems like all the other forums (Jersey Devil, etc...) died years ago! I started out wheeling the pines in an FJ-40, sold that, didn't have a 4x4 for a while, now I'm building a Toyota Pickup for four wheeling/hunting/firewood hauling. We just picked up a Kia Borrego 4x4 as a kiddie hauler too. It's got 30" ATs and low range so I want to get it out on some light trails to see what it can do. I'm in Northwest Hunterdon County and am just starting to explore the Delaware Water Gap, Stokes, and some of the WMA land up here. I'm interested in hearing from other guys up this way who wheel those areas. The Yota should be on the road this summer and the wife and I will be bouncing around up at the Gap/Stokes this summer in the Borrego with baby and dog in tow.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #355 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 199503
Posts: 1
Montville NJ here. Taking the H3 to Rausch Creek tomorrow.
Manualman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #356 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Member # 182406
Location: NJ
Posts: 57
Im in paramus (bergen county)

2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 AM   #357 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Member # 210393
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Well it looks like I finally found where the NJ off road crowd hangs out. Seems like all the other forums (Jersey Devil, etc...) died years ago! I started out wheeling the pines in an FJ-40, sold that, didn't have a 4x4 for a while, now I'm building a Toyota Pickup for four wheeling/hunting/firewood hauling. We just picked up a Kia Borrego 4x4 as a kiddie hauler too. It's got 30" ATs and low range so I want to get it out on some light trails to see what it can do. I'm in Northwest Hunterdon County and am just starting to explore the Delaware Water Gap, Stokes, and some of the WMA land up here. I'm interested in hearing from other guys up this way who wheel those areas. The Yota should be on the road this summer and the wife and I will be bouncing around up at the Gap/Stokes this summer in the Borrego with baby and dog in tow.
Yeah Jersey Devil is a ghost town. I'm about 30 minutes outside of Wharton State forest. I usually hit that up a few times a month or head to Rausch Creek when I have time.
ames85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #358 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Member # 104024
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ames85 View Post
Yeah Jersey Devil is a ghost town. I'm about 30 minutes outside of Wharton State forest. I usually hit that up a few times a month or head to Rausch Creek when I have time.
Just moved to south jerz a little bit ago. Interested in getting my rig out sometime soon. I have heard a lot about wharton state. lots of info on the place, but little on wheeling. basically all dirt roads right, with mud and sand in specific locations? all legal?

Thanks for any info.
stunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #359 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Member # 210393
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunya View Post
Just moved to south jerz a little bit ago. Interested in getting my rig out sometime soon. I have heard a lot about wharton state. lots of info on the place, but little on wheeling. basically all dirt roads right, with mud and sand in specific locations? all legal?

Thanks for any info.
Tons of trails, mostly dirt and dust now. With no rain in a while most of the mud and puddles have dried up. All legal as long as the vehicle is registered and inspected. Basically if it can drive on the road it can drive anywhere back there. Watch out though there are a few puddles that are still lurking



Nice area to stretch out the suspension

Last edited by ames85; 04-20-2012 at 12:38 AM.
ames85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #360 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Member # 200826
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 397
hey guys if anyone knows of a lifted ford, or even a stock ford (87-96 f150 , even a 250 or 350) must be 4x4 for cheap im looking to put the beating on something besides my stock daily driver
rclark12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #361 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Member # 218557
Posts: 24
New to the forum from budd lake (morris county) i need people to wheel with shit gets boring by myself shoot me a pm.
3rdgenftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #362 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Member # 420338
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32
I live in Barnegat and wheel with Iron in the Pines, we wheel wharton, forked river mtns, apple pie hill, all around and out of state trips. heres one from forked river mountain:
Flex! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and one of IITP
It's a Jeep thing! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
__________________
1985 Porsche 944 (Project)
WTB: Willys Project for a mechanically adept high school student
jovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:17 AM   #363 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
angryblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 142394
Location: Do or die bed stuy brooklyn
Posts: 2,853
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovak View Post
I live in Barnegat and wheel with Iron in the Pines, we wheel wharton, forked river mtns, apple pie hill, all around and out of state trips. heres one from forked river mountain:
Flex! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and one of IITP
It's a Jeep thing! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There is some nice bird watching areas and aa few mudholes off the AC exp. The exit before exit 38..
__________________
Looking for a 78+ caddy couple deville..Will travel to get a rust free clean victim.
angryblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #364 (permalink)
Newbie
 
surfingg19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 191978
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Posts: 5
Egg Harbor Township here, anyone else from around that area in South Jersey? not much to wheel down my way, make our way up to Wharton, Frenchies, and couches every once and awhile
surfingg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #365 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Member # 420338
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingg19 View Post
Egg Harbor Township here, anyone else from around that area in South Jersey? not much to wheel down my way, make our way up to Wharton, Frenchies, and couches every once and awhile
Im from Barnegat and have wheeled Frenchies before and saw a group of subarus from philly out romping around. But my club, Iron in the Pines wheels Wharton, Warren Grove, Forked River Mountains. You could go out by the Carranza memorial for just general woodsing.
__________________
1985 Porsche 944 (Project)
WTB: Willys Project for a mechanically adept high school student
jovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #366 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Member # 426634
Location: Boonton Township, NJ
Posts: 30
Morris County!
__________________
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 - For Sale/Trade!
2013 Dodge Charger SXT+ Blacktop Edition
DarkKn1ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #367 (permalink)
PBJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member # 62656
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingg19 View Post
Egg Harbor Township here, anyone else from around that area in South Jersey? not much to wheel down my way, make our way up to Wharton, Frenchies, and couches every once and awhile
I am in Lacey. Not even worth my time to go wheeling around here. We only have dirt and you have to constantly watch your back for police. Normally head up to tar Hollow in NY, Rausch Creek in PA, or Big Dogs in VA.
__________________
www.NJJeep.org
PBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #368 (permalink)
Newbie
 
surfingg19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 191978
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I am in Lacey. Not even worth my time to go wheeling around here. We only have dirt and you have to constantly watch your back for police. Normally head up to tar Hollow in NY, Rausch Creek in PA, or Big Dogs in VA.
ive been to rausch once and i wish i had time off of working 2 jobs to make it back up there. my jeep wasnt close to being built to what it is now when i went limiting me alot.
surfingg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:03 AM   #369 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Member # 1636
Location: 201 NJ
Posts: 6,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
I am in Lacey. Not even worth my time to go wheeling around here. We only have dirt and you have to constantly watch your back for police. Normally head up to tar Hollow in NY, Rausch Creek in PA, or Big Dogs in VA.
How's Tar Hollow? That's where OK4WD does their guided rides way up rt 17, right? Is it buggy/trailered rig friendly? Go whenever or just during the guided rides?
chris demartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #370 (permalink)
PBJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member # 62656
Location: Forked River, NJ
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris demartini View Post
How's Tar Hollow? That's where OK4WD does their guided rides way up rt 17, right? Is it buggy/trailered rig friendly? Go whenever or just during the guided rides?
Correct. I bring my Jeep on 39.5"s there with no problems. They are only open during the two times OK4WD has their events up there.
__________________
www.NJJeep.org
PBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #371 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Member # 227131
Location: south jersey
Posts: 5
new to the group

will set up pics later. Would like to meet up with some crews running trail rides in Wharton or Whitesbog areas.
jmavisnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #372 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129678
Location: Nj
Posts: 10
I'm from union area I have a Chevy sas on 38.5 boggers locked front and back 9500 winch and other fun stuff I've done pines and Bergen county but not too many wheelers left. Looking to meet up with some people. Thx Dave

Last edited by djp86mcss; 04-06-2014 at 02:55 PM.
djp86mcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Member # 132709
Posts: 19
Morristown here. Got myself a wj. 33's, long arms, 5" or so of lift. Go to Rausch a few times a year, camp down in Wharton, and try to get to another far place every summer to camp. It's been NH the last few years.


Last edited by Pedro7; 04-20-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #374 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Member # 233948
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Im in paramus (bergen county)

how have i never seen this jeep? im right down route 17 from paramus and used to go to school there not long ago so was always around there...hmu, as soon as my pos is running i wanna get some people together to go wheeling!!!
henry9419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #375 (permalink)
Newbie
 
surfingg19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Member # 191978
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Posts: 5
Ocean city jeep invasion is less then 2 weeks away, is anyone attending?
surfingg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.