Any welders in NY - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 128078
Any welders in NY

My welder just craped out on me and I've got some welding projects to take care of on my project camaro. Trunk pan, Drivers side floor pan and roll cage work all need to be done on this car. I'm just wondering if there are any good welders out there who might be up to the task of giving me a hand and making some cash while their at it. I'm located in pine bush NY 12566, the car is in a full sized and clean garage ( no outside work freezing your ass off here ). If anyone has got some free time during the weekends or what not give me a shoot back. I would take care of this myself but with being so damn busy with college and trying to put as much overtime in at work as possible I haven't had much time to perfect my welding skills. Knowing my work ways I would make a mess of it ( Hey, at least im honest ) I have included some pictures in case anyone is interested. I have the floor pans to go in and the roll cage just needs brackets welded to the 4 points so i can make it a bolt in kit. I have also cut out the cancer on the drivers side floor pan as well since these pictures where taken. The trunk pan isn't all that bad, however there are pin holes all over the place towards the back ( mostly from water collecting due to a leaky back window )

Last edited by Moltar; 02-18-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Moltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 101343
do you have the trunk pan too?..I'm over across the river Dutchess.. but I could truck my 110 mig over . do you have air? or torches? I'll pm you my contact info etc
therabbittree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 54522
you going to make the cage come out of the car? if you make the cage come out of the car some way i can tig weld it for you.
i have a 110V welder with gas and a plasma.
i live in stone ridge and work in poughkeepsie every day so i travel though new paltz. PM me if you want more info.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 128078
hey guys, to answer some questions. 1st, yes I have the trunk pan and floor pan for the car, there productions from Year One and fit perfect. 2nd, the cage im still waiting on from jegs, it's a 4 point roll cage and will need some minor welding to be assembled. 3rd, Due to crap pictures from jegs I'm not sure if this has plates on the bottom or is just open ended tubing. If it is open ended I'll just need some plates welded to the bottom so I can put some holes in these plates so it can be bolted into the car. Reason I'm not wleding this into the car is because its not going to be a full out race car pulling low 9's at the 1/4 track, I just want the cage in there for safety and to reduce chasse flex. Also I intend to sell this car once it is compleated, so if someone did want to do a 100 point restoration on the car, they could just unbolt the cage and tack the holes up. I'll send my information to your message boxes, so give them a look next time your online.
Moltar is offline   Reply With Quote