Paragon?? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Member # 140040
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post


Here's Charlie playing at Rok-Park last Saturday in his 2010 KOH qualified rig tuned for high speed....
What is this Rok-Park? I've never heard of it.
__________________
1987 4BTJ60 - MoonShine - 4BT/NV4500/D300/D60/14B - Rust free and constantly changing.
GLTHFJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member # 12495
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
What is this Rok-Park? I've never heard of it.
What it is, what it is.
__________________
www.rok-freekz.com home of Rok-Park
muddyrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9474
Location: Heart at Paragon Adventure Park
Posts: 2,003
Eh i have seen this guy do some crazy shit! Then Joe Dirt came along with his POS and did the same thing....... DEATH VALLEY! BWWWAAA HA HA HA HA!


Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post


Here's Charlie playing at Rok-Park last Saturday in his 2010 KOH qualified rig tuned for high speed....
__________________
Former samurai owner........
I AM IN NOW WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SPELLING!!!!!
FLEXYSAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
94toytruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18614
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 4,252
(sigh) Paragon
__________________
Eric


[B][URL="www.rightcoast4x4.com"]www.rightcoast4x4.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="http://www.dazednconfuzed.net/wp/"]www.dazednconfuzed.net[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.atozfabrication.com/"]www.atozfabrication.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.alltechmotorsports.com"]www.alltechmotorsports.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.davesoffroadsupply.com"]www.davesoffroadsupply.com[/URL][/B]


[QUOTE=FLEXYSAMMY;13977957]Yes you are correct Eric.[/QUOTE]
94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144694
Location: Tobyharlem
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94toytruck View Post
(sigh) Paragon
agreed. I've never even been there, My truck was broken when they closed and didn't have one before that or know about paragon.
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
94toytruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18614
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 4,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
agreed. I've never even been there, My truck was broken when they closed and didn't have one before that or know about paragon.
Last picture from PAP, Truck was on borrowed parts just to get there.

__________________
Eric


[B][URL="www.rightcoast4x4.com"]www.rightcoast4x4.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="http://www.dazednconfuzed.net/wp/"]www.dazednconfuzed.net[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.atozfabrication.com/"]www.atozfabrication.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.alltechmotorsports.com"]www.alltechmotorsports.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.davesoffroadsupply.com"]www.davesoffroadsupply.com[/URL][/B]


[QUOTE=FLEXYSAMMY;13977957]Yes you are correct Eric.[/QUOTE]
94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 144694
Location: Tobyharlem
Posts: 37
sure, rub it in
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rock God
 
2D EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member # 47600
Posts: 1,360
Man that was a cold weekend but well worth it.

Fingers still crosssed to be back there someday!!!!!


Geoff
Attached Images
  
2D EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member # 65402
Location: Mahanoy City, PA
Posts: 46
i see the entrance to paragon almost every day. it is filled with tractor trailers and the trees are being cleared. pretty sure something is gonna be built there soon.

and yes people still wheel there all the time

and no its not patrolled
__________________
'83 Yota
'86 Chev

Last edited by lowfrankie; 01-13-2010 at 06:40 PM.
lowfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129408
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXYSAMMY View Post
You are really going to question why people are thinking you want to wheel it illegally with a statment like this? I have very much respect for that land and Kyle as I worked there for a long time as a guide that is why I get bent out of shape when people make staments like you did.
WOW FLEXY!!! Great job on the spelling this time buddy....although, you DID forget the "E" in statement. Also, you probably should have used a comma, or started a new sentence between guide, and that. Just face it, your a complete douchebag that just needs to be argumentative. Go find a tall bridge.
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 103689
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfrankie View Post
i see the entrance to paragon almost every day. it is filled with tractor trailers and the trees are being cleared. pretty sure something is gonna be built there soon.

and yes people still wheel there all the time

and no its not patrolled
damn, ya beat me to it lol. i work in hazleton,so i talk to all the locals (live half hr away). trust me when i tell ya i love what kyle n steph did and still do for our sport, stand up ppl who got royally screwed. but also trust me that "trespassing" on that property was nothing new b4 they started paragon, it was nothing new when they operated the park, and its STILL nothing new. im not even sure if its known by the public who owns it anymore, but the pope can own it and its not gonna stop locals from wheelin it. there are a zillion places to get in there, and they know them all. and the cops dont (even if they did, they have nothing capable enough to follow). im as proud as anyone to be part of the wheelin community (7 yrs now), but dont make it sound so sinister to do some innocent "trespassing". no one cared bout that land 10 yrs ago, and if kyle never had paragon, to this day not a peep would be heard. if u know anything bout hazleton, they got WAY more problems to deal with than a couple jeeps on "forbidden land". take this however u please, but its FACT.
__________________
'94 yj punished regularly.
'91 f250 pulls it home after i break it.
1tuffyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Member # 114864
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 86
Send a message via AIM to EvulutioN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
damn, ya beat me to it lol. i work in hazleton,so i talk to all the locals (live half hr away). trust me when i tell ya i love what kyle n steph did and still do for our sport, stand up ppl who got royally screwed. but also trust me that "trespassing" on that property was nothing new b4 they started paragon, it was nothing new when they operated the park, and its STILL nothing new. im not even sure if its known by the public who owns it anymore, but the pope can own it and its not gonna stop locals from wheelin it. there are a zillion places to get in there, and they know them all. and the cops dont (even if they did, they have nothing capable enough to follow). im as proud as anyone to be part of the wheelin community (7 yrs now), but dont make it sound so sinister to do some innocent "trespassing". no one cared bout that land 10 yrs ago, and if kyle never had paragon, to this day not a peep would be heard. if u know anything bout hazleton, they got WAY more problems to deal with than a couple jeeps on "forbidden land". take this however u please, but its FACT.
AMEN.

A good friend of mine's cousin lives just on the border of that property or close by? Apparently they turned the shed around so they could just drive their quads right in and like you said...that area, apparently, has been wheeling the land well before Paragon was there.

I have much respect for Kyle, PAP, and anyone else who helps our sport but although it IS trespassing from what I understand the local cops could care less, also...just like driving on the street if you're an asshole and driving like one you will get pulled over. If you are not driving like an asshole, even if you're speeding, you probably won't get pulled over.

Walk that fine line!
__________________
-::82 CJ7 with Stuff and Things::-
EvulutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 103689
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 498
u bring up another good point. 8B's quad club and kelayres hunt club both have land adjoining that land. both are on the I81 side, (pipelines etc). there are no fences or gates seperating anything (just a million posted signs), so do u think the quads and hunters just stop and turn around when they come to the border of "their land"? i somehow doubt it.
__________________
'94 yj punished regularly.
'91 f250 pulls it home after i break it.
1tuffyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9474
Location: Heart at Paragon Adventure Park
Posts: 2,003
Funny all you have is to make fun of my spelling and grammer. I guess you can't ready very whell being that I have amitted not being able to spell sence I joined this board in 2002 in my sig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzy Nutz View Post
WOW FLEXY!!! Great job on the spelling this time buddy....although, you DID forget the "E" in statement. Also, you probably should have used a comma, or started a new sentence between guide, and that. Just face it, your a complete douchebag that just needs to be argumentative. Go find a tall bridge.
__________________
Former samurai owner........
I AM IN NOW WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SPELLING!!!!!
FLEXYSAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129408
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXYSAMMY View Post
Funny all you have is to make fun of my spelling and grammer. I guess you can't ready very whell being that I have amitted not being able to spell sence I joined this board in 2002 in my sig.
Na, i can read quite well, im just bustin' on a douchebag. I post a question, you talk trash. I explain myself further, you still talk trash. Its my turn Sammy. Im NOT a dumb ass, and i have no intentions to go the the old Paragon, so next time you come across a post writtin by me, either ignore it or dont even read it. F*** you and have a nice day
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
94toytruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Member # 18614
Location: Eastern PA
Posts: 4,252
Quote:
This message is hidden because Hozzy Nutz is on your ignore list.
Thread just got better
__________________
Eric


[B][URL="www.rightcoast4x4.com"]www.rightcoast4x4.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="http://www.dazednconfuzed.net/wp/"]www.dazednconfuzed.net[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.atozfabrication.com/"]www.atozfabrication.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.alltechmotorsports.com"]www.alltechmotorsports.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.davesoffroadsupply.com"]www.davesoffroadsupply.com[/URL][/B]


[QUOTE=FLEXYSAMMY;13977957]Yes you are correct Eric.[/QUOTE]
94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member # 9474
Location: Heart at Paragon Adventure Park
Posts: 2,003
Gotta love internet tough guys.
__________________
Former samurai owner........
I AM IN NOW WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SPELLING!!!!!
FLEXYSAMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Poser
 
lwt002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Member # 128471
Location: Schererville, IN.
Posts: 1,396
Dude - You guys are all wrong. I talked to a chick that used to date a guy whos brothers neighbor saw a pic of that Paragon place once. She said that the old Paragon owner moved to Alaska and went all Paul Bunyan mountain man living off the land and stuff, but instead of a blue OX he has a green rhino...
lwt002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129408
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXYSAMMY View Post
Gotta love internet tough guys.
Defending myself is being a "internet tough guy"? Like i said, find a bridge. IM DONE!! haha.
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 103689
Location: Bloomsburg, PA
Posts: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwt002 View Post
Dude - You guys are all wrong. I talked to a chick that used to date a guy whos brothers neighbor saw a pic of that Paragon place once. She said that the old Paragon owner moved to Alaska and went all Paul Bunyan mountain man living off the land and stuff, but instead of a blue OX he has a green rhino...

ROFLMAO!
__________________
'94 yj punished regularly.
'91 f250 pulls it home after i break it.
1tuffyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129408
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
ROFLMAO!
Ya, thats funny stuff, and i kinda didnt want to say it, but he had me going till the Blue Ox comment.......haha
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
JJS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28835
Location: SC
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeassjackson View Post
because asking if a park is open or even looking for a place to wheel over the net is defenatly the way to go.

FYI there is no place to wheel in NY so never go there.

There seems to be a lot of clubs starting in upstate NY. I think you could wheel a lot if you hooked up with some of those guys.
__________________
2012 JK. Stock as hell for now.
JJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member # 38771
Location: Spencerport, NY
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS View Post
There seems to be a lot of clubs starting in upstate NY. I think you could wheel a lot if you hooked up with some of those guys.
There's always been a ton of places to wheel around NY, just gotta know the right people. In the last 10 years there has been a huge decline in the number of legal areas around my area, but there are still places to go.


Last I heard (late fall last year) about the Paragon deal was that appeals were filed in court to overturn the rulings due to the crackdown on corruption there. Has anyone heard anything new about that?
__________________
Joe

'88 GMC K5, lots of dents
'01 Chevy 2500HD D/A

"It's only sheetmetal!"
Joe_88k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mm_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Member # 145364
Location: Clarence NY
Posts: 6
This has been very entertaining.
mm_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Member # 129408
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_jeep View Post
This has been very entertaining.
Happy to oblige.....
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.