Paragon?? - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #26 (permalink)

Member # 140040
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post

Here's Charlie playing at Rok-Park last Saturday in his 2010 KOH qualified rig tuned for high speed....
What is this Rok-Park? I've never heard of it.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #27 (permalink)

Member # 12495
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLTHFJ60 View Post
What is this Rok-Park? I've never heard of it.
What it is, what it is.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Eh i have seen this guy do some crazy shit! Then Joe Dirt came along with his POS and did the same thing....... DEATH VALLEY! BWWWAAA HA HA HA HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrover View Post

Here's Charlie playing at Rok-Park last Saturday in his 2010 KOH qualified rig tuned for high speed....
Old 01-13-2010, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)

Member # 18614
(sigh) Paragon

[B][URL="www.rightcoast4x4.com"]www.rightcoast4x4.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="http://www.dazednconfuzed.net/wp/"]www.dazednconfuzed.net[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.atozfabrication.com/"]www.atozfabrication.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.alltechmotorsports.com"]www.alltechmotorsports.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.davesoffroadsupply.com"]www.davesoffroadsupply.com[/URL][/B]

[QUOTE=FLEXYSAMMY;13977957]Yes you are correct Eric.[/QUOTE]
94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Member # 144694
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94toytruck View Post
(sigh) Paragon
agreed. I've never even been there, My truck was broken when they closed and didn't have one before that or know about paragon.
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Member # 18614
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
agreed. I've never even been there, My truck was broken when they closed and didn't have one before that or know about paragon.
Last picture from PAP, Truck was on borrowed parts just to get there.

[B][URL="www.rightcoast4x4.com"]www.rightcoast4x4.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="http://www.dazednconfuzed.net/wp/"]www.dazednconfuzed.net[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.atozfabrication.com/"]www.atozfabrication.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.alltechmotorsports.com"]www.alltechmotorsports.com[/URL][/B] [B][URL="www.davesoffroadsupply.com"]www.davesoffroadsupply.com[/URL][/B]

Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #32 (permalink)

Member # 144694
sure, rub it in
crash1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 47600
Man that was a cold weekend but well worth it.

Fingers still crosssed to be back there someday!!!!!

Geoff
Attached Images

2D EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

Member # 65402
i see the entrance to paragon almost every day. it is filled with tractor trailers and the trees are being cleared. pretty sure something is gonna be built there soon.

and yes people still wheel there all the time

and no its not patrolled

Last edited by lowfrankie; 01-13-2010 at 06:40 PM.
lowfrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #35 (permalink)

Member # 129408
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXYSAMMY View Post
You are really going to question why people are thinking you want to wheel it illegally with a statment like this? I have very much respect for that land and Kyle as I worked there for a long time as a guide that is why I get bent out of shape when people make staments like you did.
WOW FLEXY!!! Great job on the spelling this time buddy....although, you DID forget the "E" in statement. Also, you probably should have used a comma, or started a new sentence between guide, and that. Just face it, your a complete douchebag that just needs to be argumentative. Go find a tall bridge.
Hozzy Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #36 (permalink)

Member # 103689
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfrankie View Post
i see the entrance to paragon almost every day. it is filled with tractor trailers and the trees are being cleared. pretty sure something is gonna be built there soon.

and yes people still wheel there all the time

and no its not patrolled
damn, ya beat me to it lol. i work in hazleton,so i talk to all the locals (live half hr away). trust me when i tell ya i love what kyle n steph did and still do for our sport, stand up ppl who got royally screwed. but also trust me that "trespassing" on that property was nothing new b4 they started paragon, it was nothing new when they operated the park, and its STILL nothing new. im not even sure if its known by the public who owns it anymore, but the pope can own it and its not gonna stop locals from wheelin it. there are a zillion places to get in there, and they know them all. and the cops dont (even if they did, they have nothing capable enough to follow). im as proud as anyone to be part of the wheelin community (7 yrs now), but dont make it sound so sinister to do some innocent "trespassing". no one cared bout that land 10 yrs ago, and if kyle never had paragon, to this day not a peep would be heard. if u know anything bout hazleton, they got WAY more problems to deal with than a couple jeeps on "forbidden land". take this however u please, but its FACT.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #37 (permalink)

Member # 114864
Send a message via AIM to EvulutioN
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
damn, ya beat me to it lol. i work in hazleton,so i talk to all the locals (live half hr away). trust me when i tell ya i love what kyle n steph did and still do for our sport, stand up ppl who got royally screwed. but also trust me that "trespassing" on that property was nothing new b4 they started paragon, it was nothing new when they operated the park, and its STILL nothing new. im not even sure if its known by the public who owns it anymore, but the pope can own it and its not gonna stop locals from wheelin it. there are a zillion places to get in there, and they know them all. and the cops dont (even if they did, they have nothing capable enough to follow). im as proud as anyone to be part of the wheelin community (7 yrs now), but dont make it sound so sinister to do some innocent "trespassing". no one cared bout that land 10 yrs ago, and if kyle never had paragon, to this day not a peep would be heard. if u know anything bout hazleton, they got WAY more problems to deal with than a couple jeeps on "forbidden land". take this however u please, but its FACT.
AMEN.

A good friend of mine's cousin lives just on the border of that property or close by? Apparently they turned the shed around so they could just drive their quads right in and like you said...that area, apparently, has been wheeling the land well before Paragon was there.

I have much respect for Kyle, PAP, and anyone else who helps our sport but although it IS trespassing from what I understand the local cops could care less, also...just like driving on the street if you're an asshole and driving like one you will get pulled over. If you are not driving like an asshole, even if you're speeding, you probably won't get pulled over.

Walk that fine line!
Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

Member # 103689
u bring up another good point. 8B's quad club and kelayres hunt club both have land adjoining that land. both are on the I81 side, (pipelines etc). there are no fences or gates seperating anything (just a million posted signs), so do u think the quads and hunters just stop and turn around when they come to the border of "their land"? i somehow doubt it.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Funny all you have is to make fun of my spelling and grammer. I guess you can't ready very whell being that I have amitted not being able to spell sence I joined this board in 2002 in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozzy Nutz View Post
WOW FLEXY!!! Great job on the spelling this time buddy....although, you DID forget the "E" in statement. Also, you probably should have used a comma, or started a new sentence between guide, and that. Just face it, your a complete douchebag that just needs to be argumentative. Go find a tall bridge.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Member # 129408
Quote:
Funny all you have is to make fun of my spelling and grammer. I guess you can't ready very whell being that I have amitted not being able to spell sence I joined this board in 2002 in my sig.
Na, i can read quite well, im just bustin' on a douchebag. I post a question, you talk trash. I explain myself further, you still talk trash. Its my turn Sammy. Im NOT a dumb ass, and i have no intentions to go the the old Paragon, so next time you come across a post writtin by me, either ignore it or dont even read it. F*** you and have a nice day
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member # 18614
Quote:
This message is hidden because Hozzy Nutz is on your ignore list.
Thread just got better

Old 01-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #42 (permalink)

Member # 9474
Gotta love internet tough guys.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Poser

Member # 128471
Dude - You guys are all wrong. I talked to a chick that used to date a guy whos brothers neighbor saw a pic of that Paragon place once. She said that the old Paragon owner moved to Alaska and went all Paul Bunyan mountain man living off the land and stuff, but instead of a blue OX he has a green rhino...
lwt002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member # 129408
Quote:
Gotta love internet tough guys.
Defending myself is being a "internet tough guy"? Like i said, find a bridge. IM DONE!! haha.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #45 (permalink)

Member # 103689
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwt002 View Post
Dude - You guys are all wrong. I talked to a chick that used to date a guy whos brothers neighbor saw a pic of that Paragon place once. She said that the old Paragon owner moved to Alaska and went all Paul Bunyan mountain man living off the land and stuff, but instead of a blue OX he has a green rhino...

ROFLMAO!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 PM   #46 (permalink)

Member # 129408
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
ROFLMAO!
Ya, thats funny stuff, and i kinda didnt want to say it, but he had me going till the Blue Ox comment.......haha
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
JJS

Member # 28835
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeassjackson View Post
because asking if a park is open or even looking for a place to wheel over the net is defenatly the way to go.

FYI there is no place to wheel in NY so never go there.

There seems to be a lot of clubs starting in upstate NY. I think you could wheel a lot if you hooked up with some of those guys.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #48 (permalink)

Member # 38771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS View Post
There seems to be a lot of clubs starting in upstate NY. I think you could wheel a lot if you hooked up with some of those guys.
There's always been a ton of places to wheel around NY, just gotta know the right people. In the last 10 years there has been a huge decline in the number of legal areas around my area, but there are still places to go.

Last I heard (late fall last year) about the Paragon deal was that appeals were filed in court to overturn the rulings due to the crackdown on corruption there. Has anyone heard anything new about that?

'88 GMC K5, lots of dents
'01 Chevy 2500HD D/A

"It's only sheetmetal!"
Joe_88k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #49 (permalink)

Member # 145364
This has been very entertaining.
mm_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member # 129408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_jeep View Post
This has been very entertaining.
Happy to oblige.....