It's simple... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 25058
It's simple...

Longfields are the best and Bobby is a standup guy.I started dealing w/Longfields in"02" and even today my expectations were exceeded. Bobby,Tina and Tierra are great to work with.
Ny first set of longfields were the 27 spline and I used "85" truck knuckles,60 rotors & v6 truck calipers. I broke pass. side while backing up and being locked. My fault Bobby sold me another set for a good price. I installed the 30 spline longs in 10/07 and they fit through the flat spots on the knuckle so I went w/ it. Steering problems started right away and I was sure it was something to do w/ the birfs. I moved and had a new baby so back burner for now. I tore it down and I didn't clear enough in the knuckle. (see pic #1) pic 4 is clearanced and ready for install. So I spoke w/ Bobby (which I have many times along the way)and he said send them back and he will rebuild them for free. WOW you don't see that service anymore. Bobby called today and said a set is on the way and I would get them by Friday........... is that service or what.

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxhigh country cruiser; 09-17-2010 at 02:51 PM.
xxxxxxxxxhigh country cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 46175
The major issue I have had with Longfields is the fact my wife no longer has the chance to show off her birfield changing abilities several times a weekend. She knew every size nut and bolt. It was hot.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15061
Quote:
Originally Posted by high country cruiser View Post
Longfields are the best and Bobby is a standup guy.I started dealing w/Longfields in"02" and even today my expectations were exceeded. Bobby,Tina and Tara are great to work with.
Ny first set of longfields were the 27 spline and I used "85" truck knuckles,60 rotors & v6 truck calipers. I broke pass. side while backing up and being locked. My fault Bobby sold me another set for a good price. I installed the 30 spline longs in 10/07 and they fit through the flat spots on the knuckle so I went w/ it. Steering problems started right away and I was sure it was something to do w/ the birfs. I moved and had a new baby so back burner for now. I tore it down and I didn't clear enough in the knuckle. (see pic #1) pic 4 is clearanced and ready for install. So I spoke w/ Bobby (which I have many times along the way)and he said send them back and he will rebuild them for free. WOW you don't see that service anymore. Bobby called today and said a set is on the way and I would get them by Friday........... is that service or what.
Thanks but thats my job,glad to help.
Longfield is offline   Reply With Quote