Pirate 4x4 banner

PA park updates?

31K views 213 replies 52 participants last post by  MB4/94 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what was happening with the new Anthracite Outdoor Recreation Area park planned in PA, have all the meetings been held? I've been wanting to attend one but college classes have been getting in the way.

#132 ·
if you guys want to set something up. I could probably haul a bunch of guys with chainsaws out.

we've cut a lot of the trails at some of the local wheeling spots... I'll warn you though, our president seems to have a fetish with leaving certain trees "strategically placed" for maximum damage lol

#133 ·
I like the way your president thinks then!

That's one of the other things I saw on Sunday. Some people with chainsaws didn't understand to let some trees go even if they didn't make sense to stay put. We tend to leave trees in bad spots to either make the trail harder or force the driver onto the line we picked out!

#138 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJP
Great day cutting, lots of people and lots of potential...

who had that modified WJ? I heard they had some quality time with a trooper on 81 North after all was done...

Yea he did but I dont know yet what was up, as soon as I find out I will post up...
sorry didnt get to meet alot of the PBB guys but there`s always next time... we are thinking of going up to mark trails one weekend and then either later in winter or in spring go cut them depends on weather... we cut some good black/reds in two spots did not get to run them though..

#139 ·
Devin call up Fluffy and lets work on getting something together for early spring after I get back from the King of the Hammers. We wanted to make it for last weekends cut but I got a call from DirtSports magazine to bring the buggy to Indianapolis for the IMIS show. I want////need to get back up there to wheel. I cant wait for this to open.

#141 ·
the freak asked "who had that modified WJ? I heard they had some quality time with a trooper on 81 North after all was done..."

it seems the PA general fund needed some out of state donations got him for 81 mph....and the trooper was pissed cause he had to chase him for four miles ... oh well

#143 ·
Thanks to everyone that came out on a cold weekend, right before Christmas, to help develop the AOAA. I'm sure that most of you had something else that you "should " have been doing. But the turn out was unbelievable, and shows just how dedicated some of you really are about wheelin'. THANK YOU!

To sum up the weekend, several dead ends were opened up creating a couple of new miles of Blue and Black trails. More importantly, this now gives us access to the really nasty stuff that needs to be developed into trails and obstacles. Several new Black / Red trails have already been started and should be completed the next time. Some new hill climbs now exist and two of the many trench obstacles are now on the map!!!

Thanks again to the member's of these clubs, and the many individuals; for making this weekend a HUGE success. Sorry If I missed anyone, It was a lot of new faces and names !

Right Coast
North Jersey Jeep Club
Full Size Broncos
Twisted Customs
New Jersey Jeep Alliance
Pa Jeeps
Eagle Valley Off Roaders
Blue Mt Jeep Alliance
Pipeline Four Wheelers
PBB

#145 · (Edited)
Thanks to everyone that came out on a cold weekend, right before Christmas, to help develop the AOAA. I'm sure that most of you had something else that you "should " have been doing. But the turn out was unbelievable, and shows just how dedicated some of you really are about wheelin'. THANK YOU!

To sum up the weekend, several dead ends were opened up creating a couple of new miles of Blue and Black trails. More importantly, this now gives us access to the really nasty stuff that needs to be developed into trails and obstacles. Several new Black / Red trails have already been started and should be completed the next time. Some new hill climbs now exist and two of the many trench obstacles are now on the map!!!

Thanks again to the member's of these clubs, and the many individuals; for making this weekend a HUGE success. Sorry If I missed anyone, It was a lot of new faces and names !

Right Coast
North Jersey Jeep Club
Full Size Broncos
Twisted Customs
New Jersey Jeep Alliance Association not Alliance
Pa Jeeps
Eagle Valley Off Roaders
Blue Mt Jeep Alliance
Pipeline Four Wheelers
PBB
Barry one change on list for you

By the way where`s that red barn ?????huh

#149 ·
I started a new thread on the progress of the development of the AOAA . Receiving a $1.5 million grant from DCNR has pushed this project to the next level.

http://newsitem.com/news/aoaa-to-get-1-5-million-1.1245144#axzz1gaytIHiC

It's way too early to even guess when the opening day will be. We have a lot of work to do. But I guarantee you we will be working extra hard, starting today, to get this facility open for all to enjoy.

It's the support from all of you that has kept this project alive and getting this far . Keep up the good work !:smokin:

Barry

#151 ·
This is my first hearing about this park/plan and I feel like I just got the golden ticket in my Wonka Bar...I'm an 1:30 away from the trailhead :smokin:

..I guess I better get crackin' on my ZJ project already!

#155 ·
twisted toys sounds more like it, twisted customs are a bunch of lifted street trucks, they got this red super duty on 46" baja claws, and claim they got air lockers and gears, well he brought it buy my buddys field party and couldnt get over the car crush ( when us little guys on 38s,but locked were climbing over. and he smoked his tranny in the heavy bud, had wrecker tow him home. it was priceless. Anyways wish i knew about the trail cutting, we'll be up there next time

#156 ·
That was priceless, dude talked alllllll his shit on my little 65hp Toyota, but I beat the living shit outta my truck there that day/night, then drove my truck home from there, his, not so much.... Wanna get my shit built ASAP so I can have a shakedown/help out trail cutting run before memorial day weekend....

#157 ·
And to whoever is in charge of getting people together for cutting of trails, I'm 110% in!! Just won't be able to help until my junks built (link in sig). But the girlfriend's dad lives at the bottom of the mountain, side opposite of trevorton. If the main trails aren't too too bad, I'd bring my DD out.... Let me know

#159 ·
let me know when there is going to be another trail cutting session as we have a small club of guys from NNJ that are willing to help and have the tools and time to do so.

zach

#162 ·
Just saw this thread; I've been hearing a good bit of news about the park but I didn't realize they were cutting trails already, that's great news. Whenever you guys start cutting again be sure to give us a shout, our club would love to come up and help. Some of us helped cut at Rausch, and we'd love to be a part of this as well.

#165 · (Edited)
#166 ·
Yeah, tours are still ongoing.

That article you linked is hilarious. Its like they (Habitat for Wildlife) found some crakpot to make these claims to prove why the park shouldnt open, and then the county officials make him look like an idiot when everything he says is either wrong or grossly inflated, because he didnt actually do any research on the subject :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.