Pirate 4x4 banner

PA park updates?

31K views 213 replies 52 participants last post by  MB4/94 
#1 ·
I was just wondering what was happening with the new Anthracite Outdoor Recreation Area park planned in PA, have all the meetings been held? I've been wanting to attend one but college classes have been getting in the way.

#168 ·
All over our area entire mountains are deforested, munched down to nubs for fiber and hauled off. They take everything they can grind into bits. Even on land that mining companies REforested by law previously, county govt. can "timber" for profit/royalties with no feasibility/impact/water/erosion...No testing...nothing goes on paper. Just allow a company to chew down and clear cut to nothing but tombstones. And the companies that do it remain nameless, plain whit pickups, no signs...

#173 ·
I rode along for the MEB ride, finally got to see the west side of the park. Definitely lots of potential on both sides.

Yeah the clean-up is open to any/everyone who shows up, with some wheelin mixed in for the second half of each day. The press will be there, so heres a good opportunity to help clean up the park, and get good publicity for the wheelin community at the same time. Ill be there for sure, just not sure which day yet.

#177 ·
So how did everyone make out? I had some issues getting to the park, but once i was there, everything went smoothly (for me, anyway). We stuffed a bunch of crap into mine, but obviousy didnt even make a dent in the amount of junk out there.

#179 ·
Local here, great place to ride. Went up there a few times with friends on quads/dirtbikes. NOT on-board for OHV PARK. :rolleyes: Just another way for the county to put more cash in its pocket. and by county I mean officials. I'm all for riding up there though, if you have a level head and don't drink too much its a great place. But then you have those people that get drunk, bust their heads, end up calling EMS and make a big trouble for the people that actually have sense.

#180 ·
Yea, $80 PER YEAR for a pass is really gonna pack the pockets full for those officials. :rolleyes:

I can't believe the county wants to clean up their own land and use it for something positive, they got some nerve. :cool:

#189 ·
Neil go to there website www.anthraciteadventure.com and under the proposed area tab there are directions and address of the trailhead. We meet at eight. I will not be there this weekend because of the York Jeep show but ask for Jeff or Steve and they can give you the run down about helping and set u up with one of the crews.

#190 ·
Any updates? If we were to "schedule a tour" is it someone from this board that is going to take us around or is it driving with a park rander kinda deal? Is there anymore clean ups on the schedule. A few of us really want to check this park out but were about 6 hours away, so dont want to waste a weekend sitting in a hotel room if we cant check the area out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.