Nor-Cal Club List, name, location, contact info. - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 49181
Nor-Cal Club List, name, location, contact info.

As wheelers, we are always looking for other places to go wheeling and other people to go wheeling with. There are many times through the years that I have traveled to a families house for a weekend and would have liked to have gone wheeling for a day. But, without knowing the area, or who to talk to, I have always left my rig at home. So here it goes........

Bloody Stump Wheelers
Redding / Shasta County
(530) 227-2969

We are from Redding and the surrounding area. We are not a club but we are a group of serious wheelers that got tired of the same old crap with older clubs (dirt roads and bitching). There are a handful of us that are part of the group and another handful that like to come out and watch/wheel where they can. We don't cry about body damage or broken parts. We all grew up in this area and know where to find the wheeling, summer or winter, mild to wild, and we love it all. We have trails on private and public land, and we do believe in taking out more than we take in. We also travel a lot during the summer. We do a week long trip to the Hammers every year, a few to the Con, a couple to Moon Rocks and sometimes one to Fordyce. Next we would like to explore more in Nor Cal and also southern Oregon. We are a few hours from just about all locations in Nor Cal. Many of us also do many other OHV activities along with other outdoor sports such as snowboarding, mountain biking, etc. Give us a shout if you are coming into the area, even if you don't have a rig with you, we can promise that you will still have a good time.

Here is a few of us at Moon Rocks this past Sept.
Attached Images

Check out PARAphernalia GEAR for 550 Paracord and items

www.sneveysoffroad.com/

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here--> www.lugnut4x4.com
Trailer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 65726
I am not part of a club, but like to wheel new places, with new folks. I am in susanville.

Last edited by binderbasher; 11-08-2006 at 01:02 PM.
binderbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 50068
Not in a club per say, but I do wheel with a group of guys all the time.

I'm from Napa...Normally wheel at Knoxville OHV.

edit: Planning a trip to the Con some time soon. If you ever see this rig around gimme a hollar.

Last edited by Slapahoe; 11-08-2006 at 02:35 PM.
Slapahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 77176
Send a message via Skype™ to sierravalley
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderbasher
I am not part of a club, but like to wheel new places, with new folks. I am in susanville.
Im just north of ya in the sierra valley, pm and lets go wheelin sometime
sierravalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 65068
Quote:
Originally Posted by binderbasher

Don't belong to any clubs either, but we have a small group of people that usually go together. We do a lot of winter wheeling.
me in the bronco, hubby in the toyota, and two more toys we tag along with, sometimes our buddy in his buggy too. We like mormon emigrant trail just because it's close, and we like heading up towards wentworth springs in the snow too.

lisa
Redheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 18006
Gettin' Off 4-Wheel Drive Club

We are a friendly family oriented club in the Bay Area with about 30 members, approx. a 50/50 mix between various Jeep and Toyota models. We have monthly meetings on the 2nd Tues of each month in Milpitas, and monthly club runs. We run ALL the best trails in NorCal.

Gettin' Off Club

If you are looking for a friendly group to wheel with then I invite you to check us out.

'89 XCab - Dual Marlin w/4.70 in rear case, D60 Hybrid SAS, locked, FJ80 HP front, .......
'97 TJ - Atlas 3.8 TC, ARB's F&R, ......

Last edited by Terry4X4; 11-10-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Terry4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 19251
4wd Cliffhangers of Vacaville aka Vacaville Cliffhangers.

Were a small club established in 1967 currently with 20 members driving Jeeps and Toyotas.

Were usually on the trail at least once a month including half a dozen or so snow runs each year and do volunteer work for a number of different community events. A very family orientated group.

Snows coming

fwiw http://cal4wheel.com has a listing of clubs on their site
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1001
Send a message via AIM to dblue351 Send a message via Yahoo to dblue351
Wt 4x4

I wouldnt call us much of a club (for now), but more just friends getting out and wheeling when we can and we have a web site with lots of cool pics... Mostly in the East bay area, brentwood, livermore, bay point.....

http://www.wt4x4.net/
dblue351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 22368
not part of any clubs but I've wheeled with many.

Webuilt, OLD Rcrc, 4x4trailhunters, norcal4x4..

always looking for people in the area that wanna go hitup the trails.

Last Sunday (11-5-06) at Fordyce

Mines the Gun Metal Grey 82' Toyota

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shamb5...mb55/my_photos

New Project in the works, 85' 4runner aka ?

R.I.P to ALL our brothers that have lost their lives doing what they love.
shamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1101
Rock Zombies 4x4 Club

The Rock Zombies were founded in 2000. Currently we have 17 members: Jereme Dick aka IMUZ ME, Rob, Cook, aka BIG ROB, Craig Baum, Brian Tilton, Jimmy Smith, Phil Liccardi aka SILLYNECK, Brenden Merwin, Travis Carpenter aka T-Carp, Jason Vanderveen, Richard Koberetcki, Keith Beale aka PAPA SMURF, Mike McMenohmy aka CHEEKS, Aaron Schindel aka KRANKER, Bryan Whitaker, Scott Rodgers, Ryan Jenson, and Frank Diano. Our memebers range in location, we are mostly located in the Orangevale CA area, however we have a members in Vacaville, Auburn, Placerville and Susanville, CA. We can be found most weekends during the summer on the Rubicon or Fordyce and ocassionally the Hamma'z. When the snow is here we go where we can. We meet on the frist Wednesday of everymonth. Our meetings are closed to outsiders unless you are invited or are lucky and crazy enought to become a "PROSPECT".
We range in age from early 20's to early 30's, and have had some of the most memorable trail parties on record. (that is another story unto itself)
We are always looking to make new friends, party hard and wheel harder. If you see us on the trail, be sure to introduce yourself and say hello. You will know a Rock Zombie by the Member sticker on his rig (see picture or avatar).

Many of the members wheel almost every weekend during the on season, we also like to get involved with "work weekends" on the trails and have donated moneys and prizes to "organizations" that benefit our beloved trails.

IMUZ ME

There are a few pics below. Our Logo, pic from camp at witner run 06, and some of the member rigs.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 1101
Just a few more pics

Attached Images

Old 11-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bloody Stump Wheeler

Member # 64808
Here is another pic to add to Trailer Guys post.
Attached Images

BSW Racing,CalRocs,Super Mod #8

Need tabs, brackets, or diff covers?http://www.ajs4x4.com/

Click for my taco build.

Check out my buggy build
/forum/general-4x4-discussion/669882-family-truckster-tacomajoes-new-ride.html

Bloody Stump Wheelers

Last edited by TacomaJoe95; 11-10-2006 at 12:29 PM.
TacomaJoe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 22368
IMUZ ME i've meet a few of you guys when I worked up in Roseville. Meet a guy that had a nice shop up in Orangvale, had a buggy with a busted link from the Hammers last year. Showed me how you guys welded a 9/16 to keep it in place

nice group of guys.

New Project in the works, 85' 4runner aka ?

R.I.P to ALL our brothers that have lost their lives doing what they love.
shamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 40441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry4X4
Gettin' Off 4-Wheel Drive Club

We are a friendly family oriented club in the Bay Area with about 30 members, approx. a 50/50 mix between various Jeep and Toyota models. We have monthly meetings on the 2nd Tues of each month in Milpitas, and monthly club runs. We run ALL the best trails in NorCal.

Gettin' Off Club

If you are looking for a friendly group to wheel with then I invite you to check us out.
I will definitely look you up when I get down that way, Im still in Oregon right now, but Im in the process of moving back down there (grew up there). I run a Samurai, but I plan on running Toy axles... so it will be a little bit toyota...
Speed_Racer442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mom Says I'm Special

Member # 26857
Send a message via MSN to Fawk Awph
im from chico, not a member of any club, i just like to wheel with everyone and anyone as long as everyone is having a good time.

i wheel most of the summer at either the con or fordyce, and the winter in the highlakes.

would LOVE to see some of trailer guy's 'secret' wheelin spots up north

heres me on the con last time out:

Fordyce playing Towtruck getting a buddies buggy out

and SNOW!!!! yesterday in the highlakes

EDIT: it had been brought to my attention that is looks as though i am driving off the trail in the picture above. in fact i am not. this is a USFS designated road that has, over the last 40 years become impassable by vehicle. over the last several weeks local wheelers have been widening and reclaiming this road/trail as to get it reconized as a 4WD trail. so, although it looks as though i am trashing the land, i am not. the trail is very tight and i was the first fullwidth through the trail, happened it snowed and was very slick and i slid sidways into this tree. i was able to drive out of it without much ado.

Callen
Attached Images

Last edited by Fawk Awph; 11-12-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Fawk Awph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 12557
Send a message via AIM to CaseyP Send a message via Yahoo to CaseyP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawk Awph
im from chico, not a member of any club, i just like to wheel with everyone and anyone as long as everyone is having a good time.

i wheel most of the summer at either the con or fordyce, and the winter in the highlakes.

heres me on the con last time out:

Fordyce playing Towtruck getting a buddies buggy out

and SNOW!!!! yesterday in the highlakes

EDIT: it had been brought to my attention that is looks as though i am driving off the trail in the picture above. in fact i am not. this is a USFS designated road that has, over the last 40 years become impassable by vehicle. over the last several weeks local wheelers have been widening and reclaiming this road/trail as to get it reconized as a 4WD trail. so, although it looks as though i am trashing the land, i am not. the trail is very tight and i was the first fullwidth through the trail, happened it snowed and was very slick and i slid sidways into this tree. i was able to drive out of it without much ado.

Callen
see that ya got a flatbed...sort of on th yota....along with some new tube....nice

not a club...but some friends who wheel together.. chck out the site

Yosemite Off-Road
[QUOTE=ndeepoffroad;12310146]A well rounded wheeler will be prepared to prepare a delicious meal after a day of quality wheeling. Shit man errbudy know dat. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 75252
Send a message via AIM to sami86 Send a message via MSN to sami86 Send a message via Yahoo to sami86
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/sacsammi/
thats our club site... i think there are a few that would be concidered yotas...
heres a pic thing of the last big run i went on
http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.c...oid=1047574796

Last edited by sami86; 11-12-2006 at 09:05 PM.
sami86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
high off aluminum

Member # 37026
Quote:
Callen
i heard there was already 6" of snow up there, i was told on sunday. im sure we'll get together this winter and do highlakes runs. it will be sweet.
kiyul4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mom Says I'm Special

Member # 26857
Send a message via MSN to Fawk Awph
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyul4130
i heard there was already 6" of snow up there, i was told on sunday. im sure we'll get together this winter and do highlakes runs. it will be sweet.

that last pic i posted was last saturday 11/11/06. we found places with up to a foot of snow already, but around 1PM it started warming up and melting some, but im sure there is more like 2FT after today

Callen
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 1234
Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers
www.thisdysfunctional.org

Most of our membership is in the Bay and Sacramento areas, with a few spread around the state and a few located out of state. We currently have 31 member/families and 5 prospective member/families.

We are active with the rubicon trail and FOTR. As a club we have lead a few cleanups/trail maintenance projects on the trail and also just completed our second annual fundraiser "Cantina for the Con" in which ALL proceeds were donated to the Rubicon Trail Foundation.

We are wheelers, friends and family. We do just about everything together from helping each other with rigs to going to each others weddings. Our age range is very diverse from the baby boomers with young kids to the old timers with kids out on their own. Our rigs are the same... from mild to wild.

See you on the trails!

Attached Images

Old 11-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
H Rated

Member # 36099
Four Dice 4WDC

The Four Dice 4 Wheel Drive Club was formed in September of 2002 shortly following the first highly publicized
attempted Rubicon closure. The 4 original members realized that if we did not get involved the sport that we love could be gone forever. Since then the club has grown by leaps & bounds. We are the official adopt-a-trail club
for the Fordyce Creek Trail and take great pride in its health.
Our club is very active in the community, inside & outside of 4 wheeling.

For more information:

fourdice4x4@yahoo.com

http://www.fourdice4x4.com

The first Monday of each month. If it falls on a holiday it will be moved to the following Monday.

Moose Lodge

559 Westchester Dr.
Campbell, CA 95008

6:45pm

Friends of Fordyce

Last edited by jethrodeg; 11-13-2006 at 02:06 PM.
jethrodeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Arrgghh!

Member # 3765
Send a message via AIM to nightcrawler Send a message via Yahoo to nightcrawler
Small club founded in 2001 but shares same passion in wheeling like the rest of you guys.

nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rotten Sperm

Member # 63386
Quote:
There's a bunch of us in Chico... I'm not in a club either. The only club thats up here that I know of is the jackass wheelers which is all ECV guys. I'll hit ya up when I get my front axle in with some new gears.
Nordic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 1044
San Juan Rock Crawlers

We're a small club with members in San Juan Batista, Hollister and San Jose.

SanJuanRockCrawlers.Com/
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 22290
Send a message via AIM to Andy351
not sure if you consider it nor-cal or not but most of our wheeling takes place up there. my club is the poly goats, college age club from San Luis Obispo. there are a few core guys that are always wheeling (myself, jeffh555, and a couple other guys) con and fordice in the summer.

When people in the Taliban are riding around in better trucks than you, you might have a problem.
Andy351 is offline   Reply With Quote