Good exhaust shops in Sac-Auburn? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northern California
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19443
Location: NORCAL!
Posts: 285
Thumbs up Good exhaust shops in Sac-Auburn?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!
__________________
bigredblazer@gmail.com
<><
bigredblzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Member # 28523
Location: Loomis CA
Posts: 107
Marco Muffler in Orangevalle did my car and the price was well worth it. and it was the best price I found.
__________________
87 K5 350TBI Th350/np241 10bolt front/ welded 14 bolt ff rear 37' SSR's

Last edited by BamBam87K5; 12-18-2006 at 05:30 PM.
BamBam87K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator
 
steveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2026
Location: Placerville, CA USA
Posts: 6,342
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Ken at Addco in Shingle Springs does superb work. He is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

He also does killer driveshafts for 4x4's!!!
__________________
85 Toy Xtracab
"I DON'T want to understand !!"
Click here to donate to the Rubicon Trail Foundation
Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Member # 635
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 867
Had my '66 Nova done by the guys at M&M on 49 right here in Auburn. They did a great job.

Duals, reused my Flowmasters with side exit chrome slash tips. $400.
Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
Ken at Addco in Shingle Springs does superb work. He is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

He also does killer driveshafts for 4x4's!!!
Casper still in biz?
__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Member # 1746
Location: Flathead Lake MT
Posts: 3,306
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back
__________________
Still Politically Uncorrect
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
Where ever you go DO NOT GO TO WEST COAST MUFFLER on auburn blvd in citrus heights. They did a worse job than a 5 yr old. I am still trying to get my money back
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100

__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19443
Location: NORCAL!
Posts: 285
Cool. Thanks for the replies so far guys. Please keep opinions coming!
__________________
bigredblazer@gmail.com
<><
bigredblzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Member # 1746
Location: Flathead Lake MT
Posts: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'm not sure if that is the place I went or not, sorta in the neighborhood of harborfreight just up from target. Anyhoo that place did a kick ass job on mine for $100
]
Nope, this place is across from roush park and there is a bowling ally there.

The cat is about a 1/8 inch from the plastic fuel lines, the downpipe is about an 1/8 inch from the clutch slave cyl, and I asked them to tuck it up as good as they can and this is what I got.



As you can see, I had to adjust my mount around the exhaust so I could go on a trip.
__________________
Still Politically Uncorrect
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
W.E.ROCK CEO
 
Big Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 3123
Location: Blackfoot, ID (almost BFE)
Posts: 8,043
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
If you get over here to Placerville, Casper's Muffler is on Missouri Flat Road across from the Chevron. 530-626-6751

The new owner is also named Steve, he's very good, been doing this forever.

They do all of our work from the Semi to the 4x4's

Rich
__________________
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
http://www.werocklive.com
530-417-5333

http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-C-Klein/541920521
http://twitter.com/werocklive
http://www.myspace.com/daddyrocks

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
diefree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Member # 2337
Location: Folsom prison
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredblzr View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good exhaust shop east of Sac? I'm in Auburn and I don't know of any spectacular ones in town, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to Sac to save some cash and/or get some superior work. Please let me know if you know of any good places.
Thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
__________________
If u have revolutionary potential u have a moral imperitave 2 make the world a better place.01GMC8.1
diefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
I'll ask, show us whatcha got. I'll be needing my exhaust soon. Up for complete custom jobbers? (63 scout with a 5.0).
__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rock God
 
supervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member # 63840
Location: olivehurst
Posts: 1,124
2nd on marco, orangevale or the one on auburn blvd.
supervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Member # 1746
Location: Flathead Lake MT
Posts: 3,306
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.
__________________
Still Politically Uncorrect
BEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
W.E.ROCK CEO
 
Big Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 3123
Location: Blackfoot, ID (almost BFE)
Posts: 8,043
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
I forgot to mention that the rear of the exhaust FELL OUT of the hangers and wont go back in. (it never hit anything, just fell out!)

So, I called west coast mufflers and told them that this is just not working and I was deff NOT satisfied and that I would give them one more chance to make it right before I asked for my money back. I have already been there twice, once when they installed it and once later to ask them to tuck it up better and move the cat away from vital/hazardous parts.

They told me to pound sand (exact words"good luck with that, we'll NEVER give you ANY money back, go somewhere else) and the hung up on me

Looks like Ill be going to small claims after Marco (also in Rocklin) does it right.
BTW, it was around $500.
Make sure you contact the local BBB and the BAR.
__________________
Thanks to our marketing partners: MAXXIS Tires, Trail Gear, NITTRO Gear and Axle, ARTEC Industries, Branik Motorsports, ASR Recovery Gear, SpiderTrax, Dirt Skins, Metal Cloak, Crown Automotive, SuperChips, PSC Steering, Fox Shocks, Axel Off Road, Currie Enterprises, PCI Race Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKROVER
4 wheeling sure changes when there is a crowd and cones.
http://www.werocklive.com
530-417-5333

http://www.facebook.com/people/Rich-C-Klein/541920521
http://twitter.com/werocklive
http://www.myspace.com/daddyrocks

( @ Y @ ) ( * Y * ) ( . Y . )

Big Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Rudezuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4500
Location: Soon to be VA
Posts: 5,771
Colby or Joe at mufflertech in sac....2 locations on on Auburn Blvd by target, and the other out by the florin mall.........

Awesome place and guys to work with!
__________________
Shane
[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][URL="www.hbrk4x4.com"]HBRK4x4.com[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.yyracing.com/"]Y&Y Racing, LLC[/URL]
[URL="http://www.we-rock.cc/team_list.php?wts=show&wvalue=181"]We-Rock #208[/URL]

"Team HBRK" thanks our sponsors.


Driver: Shane Yost
Spotter: Todd Young
Rudezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Member # 5670
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudezuk View Post
Colby or Joe at mufflertech in sac....2 locations on on Auburn Blvd by target, and the other out by the florin mall.........

Awesome place and guys to work with!
i'll second muffler tech, at least their florin mall location. great guys and great prices at least back when I was living up there.
Pavemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member # 84036
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavemen View Post
i'll second muffler tech, at least their florin mall location. great guys and great prices at least back when I was living up there.
I'll third muffler tech, at least the florin road one. They did my 68' camaro and did a really nice job. I would definitely go back for my next exhaust job.
punkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
I think that's the place I went to (see pic above of my yota)
__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered User
 
diefree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Member # 2337
Location: Folsom prison
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'll ask, show us whatcha got. I'll be needing my exhaust soon. Up for complete custom jobbers? (63 scout with a 5.0).
we specialize in scouts with 5.0's
__________________
If u have revolutionary potential u have a moral imperitave 2 make the world a better place.01GMC8.1
diefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by diefree View Post
we specialize in scouts with 5.0's
good answer

I just might be in touch
__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator
 
steveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2026
Location: Placerville, CA USA
Posts: 6,342
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Casper still in biz?
Yes, under a new owner as Big Rich stated.

The owner Steve's son fawked mine up but good. Steve and I resolved it monetarily since I posted this:

/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/454286-shameless-but-well-earned-plug-adco-driveline-muffler-shingle-springs.html

Steve the New owner and i talked, and he is a real decent guy. It was unfortunate he did not do the work. It was his son who really pissed me off, not Steve.

Regardless, Ken at Addco is the only guy I will ever go to up here. He is a full on enthusiast himself, and his work is exceptionally clean. He earned my respect and my business.

I recently had my rear driveshaft repaired by him. As much as i love Jess at High Angle, I will be using Addco from now on. I prefer to spend my dollars locally whenever possible.

Bottom line Brandon, if you bring your 63 to Addco, you will be pleased with the results.







__________________
85 Toy Xtracab
"I DON'T want to understand !!"
Click here to donate to the Rubicon Trail Foundation
Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
diefree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Member # 2337
Location: Folsom prison
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
good answer

I just might be in touch
cool,then i might not half to go to the homeless shelter to eat for Xmas.god bless your soul.
__________________
If u have revolutionary potential u have a moral imperitave 2 make the world a better place.01GMC8.1
diefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1975
Member # 6
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 8,260
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon
so what's Steve Casper doing then? Just curious..
__________________
This Space for rent!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Cranky Moderator
 
steveh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Member # 2026
Location: Placerville, CA USA
Posts: 6,342
Send a message via AIM to steveh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
so what's Steve Casper doing then? Just curious..
I don't know Steve, but what I heard was he joined the Eldo County Sheriffs dept.

Ask Miggy, he'll know.
__________________
85 Toy Xtracab
"I DON'T want to understand !!"
Click here to donate to the Rubicon Trail Foundation
Rubicon Trail Foundation
"Wow this is unbelievable"
10th Anniversary Cantina For the 'Con 2014
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.