Are there any shops in the bay area that can narrow a 14 bolt? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 08:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 56773
Any shops in the bay area that can narrow a 14 bolt?

I called rear end specialties and they can't do it. I'm looking to narrow the long side to same length as the short side. And I'd like the diff shaved as well. For reference the axle is a ff with disc brakes out of a 1997 Chevy 1 ton truck. I'm from Fremont so any shops close by would be great.

Last edited by cummins; 02-21-2007 at 08:26 PM.
cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 77424
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins View Post
I called rear end specialties and they can't do it. I'm looking to narrow the long side to same length as the short side. And I'd like the diff shaved as well. For reference the axle is a ff with disc brakes out of a 1997 Chevy 1 ton truck. I'm from Fremont so any shops close by would be great.
There is a great place just north of sac that my friend Trevor runs called WFO customs (I think wfocustoms.com) and he does all sorts of things like that, if you are willing to take it up ther (auburn I think) he does a great job.
adampfisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
On Vacation>>>>>>>>>

Member # 55521
The tj?
fenderbmxer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3239
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
I can do it. Im in Pittsburg off HWY 4. PM me
Old 02-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 56773
I've heard of trevor he's the one that makes the high steer arms right?

Chad, Yes the tj LOL. I can't help it this guy is just giving me this axle for free! The problem with it is the shock mount is broken off, that's it! The truck was in an accident and the insurance company won't let the body shop weld a new one on. So the insurance company bought a brand new complete axle for the truck and they were going to throw this one away!

Speaking of axles, I was helping my friend with your ex-buggy and I busted the rear end. LOL! I'm not sure if the welds in the spider gears busted or if its the shaft. All I did was drive around the parking lot and when I turned into the driveway it just blew. Now its acts just like an open carrier and it turns a hell of a lot easier! LOL. I wasn't even driving it hard I was only going about 5 mph or less. It was dark so I didn't have a chance to pull the shaft but I'll get to that this weekend as long as it doesn't rain. But we did some work on it after doing some junkyard surfing and its really coming along well.
cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
On Vacation>>>>>>>>>

Member # 55521
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins View Post
I've heard of trevor he's the one that makes the high steer arms right?

Chad, Yes the tj LOL. I can't help it this guy is just giving me this axle for free! The problem with it is the shock mount is broken off, that's it! The truck was in an accident and the insurance company won't let the body shop weld a new one on. So the insurance company bought a brand new complete axle for the truck and they were going to throw this one away!

Speaking of axles, I was helping my friend with your ex-buggy and I busted the rear end. LOL! I'm not sure if the welds in the spider gears busted or if its the shaft. All I did was drive around the parking lot and when I turned into the driveway it just blew. Now its acts just like an open carrier and it turns a hell of a lot easier! LOL. I wasn't even driving it hard I was only going about 5 mph or less. It was dark so I didn't have a chance to pull the shaft but I'll get to that this weekend as long as it doesn't rain. But we did some work on it after doing some junkyard surfing and its really coming along well.
PMing you back
fenderbmxer86 is offline   Reply With Quote