Cow Mountain 03/22-03/25 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 70625
Cow Mountain 03/22-03/25

I will be heading up to Cow Mountain late tonight and be in the campground through Sunday. If any of you get stuck or want a place to sit around and drink a beer stop on by. I have a 88 v2500 blue burb. I will probably hit some of the trails. You can check out my latest blog to see a picture or two of my truck and tent.

Hope to see some folks.
W8ng4msrgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 70625
More info

Quote:
Originally Posted by W8ng4msrgt View Post
I will be heading up to Cow Mountain late tonight and be in the campground through Sunday. If any of you get stuck or want a place to sit around and drink a beer stop on by. I have a 88 v2500 blue burb. I will probably hit some of the trails. You can check out my latest blog to see a picture or two of my truck and tent.

Hope to see some folks.
Here are 2 links of my truck and tent. The first one is Prewitt Ridge and the second one is Stoneyford. Feel free to bring a log or two and burn some meat if you like.

Prewitt Ridge

Stoneyford
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 19251
As far as I know there is only a couple of trails that 4wd vehicles are allowed on in the Stonyford area. There is one right out of Fouts Springs that ties back into M10 and then another one from M10 that runs up to Mill Valley and Letts lake. Above Letts there are a few trails but it's more timber.

I looked at the Stonyford pics on your blog. Are you sure you wern't on a motorcycle/atv only trail?

BTW the grub looks awsome.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 70625
Quote:
Originally Posted by microtus View Post
As far as I know there is only a couple of trails that 4wd vehicles are allowed on in the Stonyford area. There is one right out of Fouts Springs that ties back into M10 and then another one from M10 that runs up to Mill Valley and Letts lake. Above Letts there are a few trails but it's more timber.

I looked at the Stonyford pics on your blog. Are you sure you wern't on a motorcycle/atv only trail?

BTW the grub looks awsome.
That trail was called Cracker Box and it is marked as an all vehicle at the trailhead. Lovelady is nice also but it was too wet that day. I think both of those trails may be marked as motorcycle/atv on some maps but the picture of the jeep is at both trailheads.

I will be hitting the door soon.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 87741
You can drive your 4wd anywhere in stoneyford, the trails signs are "Reccomended" but becarful we almost got stuck on a few trails... I love stoneyford... my uncle lives right next to the bar in town.
boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 70625
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyer View Post
You can drive your 4wd anywhere in stoneyford, the trails signs are "Reccomended" but becarful we almost got stuck on a few trails... I love stoneyford... my uncle lives right next to the bar in town.
I don't know if I would try any of the single tracks in my truck but there are a lot of trails. Some parts are pretty nasty when it is wet. I enjoy Lovelady the best. I will have to go back up there now that I have a co-pilot. Here are a few pictures from that trip.

I will probably go back up to Cow Mountain this weekend so I can check out more of the trails. Easter weekend I may do either Stoneyford or Hollister Hills.

If anyone is interested let me know.