Pirate 4x4 banner

Looking for pictures from Clayton

4K views 56 replies 25 participants last post by  mx_racer_36 
#1 ·
Being married to the president of the clayton chamber of commerce means I get to be her assistant at times :shaking:

Anywho. She would like to have some wheeling pictures to go in a travel guide. If you have some up some where and would let us use them, post up a link. It would be greatly appreciated. :smokin:

#4 ·
She has to have the article turned in by this thursday :shaking:

Here's some random ones from my pics folder.
That's what I'm talking about. That's what we're needing. I'm not sure how many she'll use. I'll show her and let her decide.

The article is going in one of those free travel guides you see in convenience stores and shit. Kiamichi Country, I think. The article is like "plentiful wildlife...blah blah blah". She wanted me to look at the part about wheeling. It needs help :laughing:
Four-Wheel Drive Clubs come from all over to venture our trails and it is rumored we have some of the best. We welcome all the put us to the test.
Any ideas to make it bettter? No peeing in anyone's butt or some shit like that, this is a family travel guide :flipoff2:

#9 ·
Here are a few I had. It looks like were going up there this weekend. Hope to see some of yall around. I've got a white scrambler and my buddy has a green JK

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
That was my first jeepin trip. It was a Sams Offroad Event. Had a blast. 3 Stage looked scary after seeing a few people bounce up it. I crawled up it and thought I was a good driver. Sucks they closed that place. I think purple monster was another good one there. Wonder if it's all grown up? I doubt horseback riding is enough to keep the trails from getting overgrown.

Half way through the day I learned how to lower my tire pressure. Much smoother ride and grip.

#12 · (Edited)
Ahh the good ole South Side trails. Purple Headed Monster got ruined back when Ed Hurleman owned the land and he was harvesting timber off of it. Completely destroyed the last 2/3rds of the trail. Timberline met the same fate. Man I really miss running Rock Creek to 3 Stage to the top and back at night. Too bad 3 Stage it is off limits.

#16 ·
I like that one, too. There are some really good pics here, but I like the composition of that one. The chamber also has a web site and the dude who was running it is handing it over to my wife, which means it'll get handed over to me :flipoff2:

I've been saying we needed to have some more pictures on it, if we could use some of these, that would be great. I don't know when he's handing it over, we work on Clayton time around here ya know :p

I appreciate all the responses. jeavis, I appreciate the hell out of the offer. I don't know what our plans are for that weekend but if I decide to take you up on the offer, I'll holler at you.

#17 ·
Here's a couple of mine...

#27 ·
These are some great pictures. Space is limited for our spot in the magazine, so we could only use one. Here's a preview of what the ad will look like. We appreciate you guys and hopefully we'll be able to use more of the pictures on the chamber's website when they figure out what the hell they are gonna do with it :shaking:

Attachments

#29 ·
We're going to be up there tomorrow evening and through the weekend. Forecast says there is a slight chance of rain Saturday(now only 20%) and a higher chance Sunday(40%).

s14sh3r what do you think?

Hope to see some of yall around Green Acres Friday night and Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.