Is anyone going to Amarillo this year? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - South Central
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
needs a sponsor
 
rokcrawlr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member # 156242
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 650
Question Is anyone going to Amarillo this year?

The annual mud bog is coming up in Amarillo Feb 24 25 26th. I think West Texas Outlaws are still among the group who put it on.

Sand drags, mud bog, and river wheelin.
__________________
rokcrawlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 198001
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 63
Yep...Not a hard drive for me though.
__________________
2004 Rubicon
Jimmys4x4 Buggy
Rubitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
SNOWBLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 142899
Location: Mooreland ,OK
Posts: 765
I'll be there
SNOWBLN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 185201
Location: Vernon Texas
Posts: 10
About 8 of is will be going again this year. Making the short trip from Vernon Texas.
Slammedsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
needs a sponsor
 
rokcrawlr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member # 156242
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 650
I was told that the bogs and sand drags weren't happening this year. There have been people protesting the get together for years and I heard that WTO would be fined a mass crowd ticket if they held it this year?

This is nothing official just what I have heard.

I guess last year they restricted it to 20 trucks in the bog and had to purchase insurance on those 20 trucks plus so many spectators.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
__________________
rokcrawlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 110184
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Posts: 2,828
I remember hearing a bunch about this. Used to go down there every year when I was in college in Canyon, and I was always surprised at how they got away with a lot of stuff they did. I hope they get to keep it going, but obviously it has grown to the point that organization needs to be a key in the success. If I wasn't going to Hot Springs the week before I'd go, but doubt wife will let that happen. But who knows...
__________________
Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid.- John Wayne

91 YJ, 5.3, TH400, Atlas 3.8, 35 spl 60's f&r

Pick up your trash you nancy little bastards or sell that shit and go buy a fawkin low rider so you can be around more of your own kind! :flipoff:
mrtoddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 185201
Location: Vernon Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrawlr1 View Post
I was told that the bogs and sand drags weren't happening this year. There have been people protesting the get together for years and I heard that WTO would be fined a mass crowd ticket if they held it this year?

This is nothing official just what I have heard.

I guess last year they restricted it to 20 trucks in the bog and had to purchase insurance on those 20 trucks plus so many spectators.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
They made a huge deal about it last year also. This will be going on my 5th year, and last year was crazy with how many game wardens where present. I'm sure it will be a huge deal this year also.
Slammedsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
needs a sponsor
 
rokcrawlr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member # 156242
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 650
A buddy of mine sent an email out to WTO and is waiting on a reply to wether or not they will host a bog. He was telling me there are some technical rock sections down river? Any of you locals know what I am talking about or have pics of it?
__________________
rokcrawlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Texas by GOD
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member # 69765
Location: Fort Worthless, TX
Posts: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrawlr1 View Post
A buddy of mine sent an email out to WTO and is waiting on a reply to wether or not they will host a bog. He was telling me there are some technical rock sections down river? Any of you locals know what I am talking about or have pics of it?
nope, nothing there worth seeing. move along. you are thinking palo duro challenge.
__________________
~ Kyle
1999 Land Rover Discovery II - Lift, Tires, Axles, Stuff. /forum/land-rover/924588-my-d2-axle-swap-thread.html
2006 Range Rover Urban Assault Vehicle
Kyle_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 198001
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 63
It's my understanding the bogs will not take place but they will have the drags and rock crawling events. No confirmation but that's what the talk around Amarillo is.
__________________
2004 Rubicon
Jimmys4x4 Buggy
Rubitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94758
Location: Dodge City,KS
Posts: 891
Ivebeen several times over the last 20 years. Last year was the worst I've ever seen for people trashing the place, beer cans and litter everywhere. The locals have no respect for what they've got. I enjoy gong down and watching the crazies but I'm thinking twice about going this year. It's good times, but horrible what Texans do to the place!
__________________
Thanks to Sniper Fab, Maxxis, ARB, BS Trailer Sales, Bulldog Winches, Powertank, Trail Ready Beadlocks, PSC, Lazerstar Lights, Spidertrax, Longview Driveshaft.
caddishack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 198001
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddishack View Post
Ivebeen several times over the last 20 years. Last year was the worst I've ever seen for people trashing the place, beer cans and litter everywhere. The locals have no respect for what they've got. I enjoy gong down and watching the crazies but I'm thinking twice about going this year. It's good times, but horrible what Texans do to the place!
So the trash I see and pick up in Clayton is due to Okies not respecting the place. Come on man! The issue is people all across this country being LAZY! They don't appreciate their own stuff, much less anything/anyone else's stuff.
__________________
2004 Rubicon
Jimmys4x4 Buggy
Rubitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Member # 94758
Location: Dodge City,KS
Posts: 891
I have raced and wheeled all over the US and have NEVER seen someplace get trashed anywhere like it does there. 98% of the license plates there are from Texas, so correct me if I'm wrong, that would make the place full of TEXANS! It must be customary to throw your beer can down wherever you finished it.
__________________
Thanks to Sniper Fab, Maxxis, ARB, BS Trailer Sales, Bulldog Winches, Powertank, Trail Ready Beadlocks, PSC, Lazerstar Lights, Spidertrax, Longview Driveshaft.
caddishack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71068
Location: canyon tx
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_T View Post
nope, nothing there worth seeing. move along. you are thinking palo duro challenge.
http://www.texas4x4.org/gallery/album869?page=11
rockchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71068
Location: canyon tx
Posts: 100
http://www.texas4x4.org/showthread.php?t=37491 There are a few good spots to wheel out there, and There are a few clean ups every year.
rockchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Marion Cobretti
 
72blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40131
Location: The Real South Texas
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_T View Post
nope, nothing there worth seeing. move along. you are thinking palo duro challenge.
Yeah I don't know if you're being retarded or sarcastic. I definitely want to plan the 13 hour drive to Amarillo to wheel the River again...and by wheel I don't mean plow through mud.

__________________
The Web Wheeler's '72
Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX
H&H Fabrication:::Amarillo TX
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
needs a sponsor
 
rokcrawlr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member # 156242
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 650
Cool, that is what I wanted to see!
__________________
rokcrawlr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Marion Cobretti
 
72blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40131
Location: The Real South Texas
Posts: 3,713
I didn't even get to hit their harder trails

__________________
The Web Wheeler's '72
Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX
H&H Fabrication:::Amarillo TX
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 185201
Location: Vernon Texas
Posts: 10
anyone wanting to go, remember you must have seatbelts and brake/head lights.
Slammedsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Marion Cobretti
 
72blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40131
Location: The Real South Texas
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedsi View Post
anyone wanting to go, remember you must have seatbelts and brake/head lights.
Really? I ask because I was out there without lights...
__________________
The Web Wheeler's '72
Motorsport Syndicate:::Edinburg TX
H&H Fabrication:::Amarillo TX
72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Member # 185201
Location: Vernon Texas
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72blazer View Post
Really? I ask because I was out there without lights...
Ya I got a ticket for both. They said it was only on the main road from the bridge to the park. The river is exempt tho. They still gave people shit about it.
Slammedsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
wayfastwhitey
 
slobuild57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Member # 94400
Location: amarillo, texas
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddishack View Post
Ivebeen several times over the last 20 years. Last year was the worst I've ever seen for people trashing the place, beer cans and litter everywhere. The locals have no respect for what they've got. I enjoy gong down and watching the crazies but I'm thinking twice about going this year. It's good times, but horrible what Texans do to the place!
Not all the locals homes!

The place has plenty of rock sections. Some are off the beaten path and kinda hard to find. There are obstacles for all skill levels from "easy" to "holy shit".

Is the trash out of hand? Yes for sure. It pisses me off to no end to see it trashed out. If you plan on coming up please bring a trash bag and practice "pack it in pack it out". If you need some trash bags then please send me a pm. If you would like to be a part of a trash clean-up then please send me a pm.
__________________
92 Fj80 6bt, 1tons wife mobile
70 Fj40 1ton v8 241/205 42's
03 CTD toe rig
Texas Trail Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blase View Post
what's it like to own a buggy........i'd say it's like getting a blow job on a roller coaster
slobuild57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Member # 7412
Location: ft worth texas, aguilar colorado
Posts: 3,727
where does everyone stay?? i have been wanting to go for years, now i am afraid it will be gone before i make it. i need a place to park the motor home, and i will just drive the durango everywhere else. whats the dates
__________________
m35A2C 4x4 sitting on 49" R2s,suburban 454/465/205 43" ag tires,Durango on tons and 40s
gunracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
wayfastwhitey
 
slobuild57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Member # 94400
Location: amarillo, texas
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunracer1 View Post
where does everyone stay?? i have been wanting to go for years, now i am afraid it will be gone before i make it. i need a place to park the motor home, and i will just drive the durango everywhere else. whats the dates
There is plenty of space there to park the biggest of motor homes. Very easily accessible.
__________________
92 Fj80 6bt, 1tons wife mobile
70 Fj40 1ton v8 241/205 42's
03 CTD toe rig
Texas Trail Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blase View Post
what's it like to own a buggy........i'd say it's like getting a blow job on a roller coaster
slobuild57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru
 
painter66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 109772
Location: Clovis Nm
Posts: 635
I can think of one that took 10 pretty capable trucks 3 hrs to get through. You Bill?


Quote:
Originally Posted by slobuild57 View Post
Not all the locals homes!

The place has plenty of rock sections. Some are off the beaten path and kinda hard to find. There are obstacles for all skill levels from "easy" to "holy shit".

Is the trash out of hand? Yes for sure. It pisses me off to no end to see it trashed out. If you plan on coming up please bring a trash bag and practice "pack it in pack it out". If you need some trash bags then please send me a pm. If you would like to be a part of a trash clean-up then please send me a pm.
painter66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.