New to the forum Out in Oklahoma - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - South Central
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 213612
New to the forum Out in Oklahoma

Hows it going? Im Ron im new to the forum Im out in Bristow,OK just picked up my 97 chevy 4x4, its not much as it sits but as i said i just got it.
I just moved to OK in december so i havent gotten out much and dont really know what its like out here, ill post some pics of the truck please comment freely

Throwinsparxxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 200709
Welcome

[URL="http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/member.php?u=89723"]S/E Oklahoma 4x4 shop Extreme Offroad[/URL]
tjrhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rip

Member # 62147
Welcome You could always take it to Clayton for the meet and greet the end of next month, meet everyone on here and break it in proper.

1st (Rednecks With Paychecks) Rock Race Championů

RALLY IN THE VALLEY under 40" Champion...

Bawhahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabNasty View Post
My buggy didnt fall off the trailer its just so hardcore that it wasnt done wheeling yet and decided to go by itself.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 194822
Welcome.
Wlincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 107054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Welcome You could always take it to Clayton for the meet and greet the end of next month, meet everyone on here and break it in proper.
BREAK IT being key words in that sentence. Lol

Welcome, what's the plan for the truck?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 138914
nice looking truck! love the color! you should bring it to bmr in disney next weekend. there is plenty of trails and rocks for full widths. probably an hour and a half drive from bristow.

Swamp Donkey Racing #74

91 YJ Black 5.3, 700R4, Dana 300, Dana 60 Frt, Corp 14 Rear, 5.13 Gears, Detroit Lockers, 43" TSL-SX Stickies
BTRFLZ7463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 196923
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryalexander View Post
BREAK IT being key words in that sentence.
All I've ever accomplished in Clayton.

I'm new, to some degree, but welcoming in spite of.
銀チタン is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 213612
Thanks for all the welcome greetings, I'd love to come out as for breaking it in properly its already kinda broke due to a weekend up in ponca city, i ended up snapping the passenger side cv axle, I traded a shi* box honda accord for the truck im quite happy with the deal, it def needs some work, front tires were down to cords when i got it so i threw some mismatched tread 33's on it for now, needs ball joints in the worst way, and of course the body damage/ratchet strap holding down the hood.
its a 97 with the 5.7 vortec, shes stil a one wheel wonder, has after market exhaust while still maintaing stock cats so its too quiet for my taste that needs to change. as far as plans go for it im not sure whice route im going to take.The whole truck is Rhino lined and i like that just not sure how much im going to like having to pay to get the new parts rhino lined. Its going to get a lift sometime in the future and im up in the air about a baja/prerunner look, but if i go that route i want it to be functional as well not just a "wow that looks like a prerunner" i hear oklahoma has some dunes and if thats the route i go i would like the truck to rack up some frequent flyer miles.
I think the first thing that needs to change is the 20 inch rims, there just too big for my taste. cool just on big side..
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 16561
Im from Ponca City. Where did you go wheeling there?

Gone but not forgotten: 81 toyota truggy - LT1 - Th400+203+atlas3.0 - 60 / 14 - 42s. [url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520948[/url].
dobsogj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 123317
I say remove the whole front clip, hood, fenders and bed and throw some tube on it.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 213612
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobsogj View Post
Im from Ponca City. Where did you go wheeling there?

Didnt go wheeling in Ponca thats just where it happend to break, im assuming just broke due to wear and tear from bad ball joints and front end componets,I have not had it out much aside from 1 mud hole here in bristow and that was before the cv broke i didnt even have to use the 4 wheel drive.

So your out in Ponca? what do you think of that place? a girl i know is trying to talk me into moving out there because i cant stand bristow, how are jobs out there?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 213612
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblerj View Post
I say remove the whole front clip, hood, fenders and bed and throw some tube on it.
Anything that i do to the truck progress will be very slow due to lack of work right now, but i also have to maintain is daily driveablity.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 27145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwinsparxxs View Post
but i also have to maintain is daily driveablity.
Don't wheel it in Clayton then.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 16561
Quote:
Didnt go wheeling in Ponca thats just where it happend to break, im assuming just broke due to wear and tear from bad ball joints and front end componets,I have not had it out much aside from 1 mud hole here in bristow and that was before the cv broke i didnt even have to use the 4 wheel drive.

So your out in Ponca? what do you think of that place? a girl i know is trying to talk me into moving out there because i cant stand bristow, how are jobs out there?

I dont live there any more. There is a refinery there, but other than that, theres not much for work there.

Gone but not forgotten: 81 toyota truggy - LT1 - Th400+203+atlas3.0 - 60 / 14 - 42s. [url]http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=520948[/url].
dobsogj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 121892
My dad owns 40 acres in bristow. Its on the east side of town on 1st. Its where the big power poles are. Its got a couple trails on it and ive heard the locals go there to wheel.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 161096
I used to live in Bristow, you should come to BMR at Disney for sure I plan on taking the zr2 there that weekend there's anything from mild to wild there
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 213612
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty joe View Post
My dad owns 40 acres in bristow. Its on the east side of town on 1st. Its where the big power poles are. Its got a couple trails on it and ive heard the locals go there to wheel.
i might have to look into that considering i dont know anyone here, and im only a couple of blocks away from there
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 121892
I think the guy on the north side of 1st leases it from my dad. We live in OKC
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 79902
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrajeep View Post
Don't wheel your daily driver.
Fixed for truth seeing your situation doesnt sound like one that allows for spending money on repairs. I've been there, it's tempting, but sucks when you break and can't get to work. Welcome though, hopefully you can find some steady work and get your truck fixed up to be a more reliable weekend wheeler/daily driver and can afford to fix a part on Sunday before work on Monday. Come to Big Meats, plenty of easy roads to drive within walking distance of the action. I've found it's just as fun to watch other people beat their rigs as beating on your own. Cheaper too.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 207186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndeepoffroad View Post
I've found it's just as fun to watch other people beat their rigs as beating on your own. Cheaper too.
+1

My jeep is just for getting me to the spot to watch other folks. I've been towed off several trails for stuff wearing out so if I were you I'd test it close to home to find all the weak stuff before venturing down some trail where the only way home is some sketchy towing.
seeyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 207186
By the way the rachet strap hood latch is awesome. Last year after the blizzard I offered to pull a guy out of the ditch that had slid off the paved road. I handed him a chain and he asked where to hook it up. I told him wherever he wanted as I hooked it to my ball on the back of my truck. The front end was buried in snow and I couldn't pull him backward because of a fence. next thing I see he pops the hood and is looking around as I watched. He hung the chain on something around the radiator. I gave him a little tug and asked if he'd like if I 'bumped' it. He said go for it. my 7K lb truck ripped the chain out. 20 minutes later we dug the front end out enough to hook to the frame but the bump had torn some plastic shroud and messed up his hood latch. I gave him a strap to hold his hood closed. I don't know what he hooked the chain to.
seeyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 213612
New to the forum Out in Oklahoma

Thanks for all the kind words, yea the truck will never amount to more than a dual purpose truck, daily driven and wheeled on the weekends like it is, I've been slacking on fixing stuff that needs fixed on it because I'm unsure the direction I'm going suspension wise and front end wise, the ratchet strap came with the truck so bonus just kidding idk what he hit but the hood hinges are trashed actually sheared the metal on the underside of the hood.
If i decide to build it into a mild prerunner everything underneath will be changed so it will handle the abuse, and ive been looking around and glass fenders and bedsides, actually might find a way to put the newer style front end on it.

Last edited by Throwinsparxxs; 03-09-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 213612
just put the truck up on craigslist for trade for a cherokee im having xj fever if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 79902
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeyal8r View Post
By the way the rachet strap hood latch is awesome. Last year after the blizzard I offered to pull a guy out of the ditch that had slid off the paved road. I handed him a chain and he asked where to hook it up. I told him wherever he wanted as I hooked it to my ball on the back of my truck. The front end was buried in snow and I couldn't pull him backward because of a fence. next thing I see he pops the hood and is looking around as I watched. He hung the chain on something around the radiator. I gave him a little tug and asked if he'd like if I 'bumped' it. He said go for it. my 7K lb truck ripped the chain out. 20 minutes later we dug the front end out enough to hook to the frame but the bump had torn some plastic shroud and messed up his hood latch. I gave him a strap to hold his hood closed. I don't know what he hooked the chain to.
Really? You watched the guy pop the hood and hook it to something and you still pulled on him?? I always tell people they are in charge of hooking up their end, but if they don't know what they are doing I'll offer advice. I say your story is either complete BS or you are the biggest asshole ever. Seriously.

To the OP, you'll be able to have a lot more fun in an XJ. Good luck finding one ya like.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 110184
Quote:
but i also have to maintain is daily driveablity.
Like Doc said, stay away from Clayton!!!!

Ignore Rip, he'll get you in trouble then laugh and point!

Well...we all do that, but he starts it!!

Welcome!!! Never hesitate to ask around here, we're kinda goofy, smart ass and thick skinned!!

Founding member of the Irresponsible Assclown Traveling Shitshow!!!

91 YJ, 5.3, TH400, Atlas 3.8, 35 spl 60's f&r

Pick up your trash you nancy little bastards or sell that shit and go buy a fawkin low rider so you can be around more of your own kind! :flipoff:
mrtoddb is offline   Reply With Quote