Pirate 4x4 banner

Central Arkansas.. Need some help involving nitrogen

609 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kyleb 
#1 ·
I picked up some used coilovers recently and want to get the psi of Nitrogen checked out. I can't find a single shop that does this service. Figured someone might have a nitrogen tank and kit to help me out if they need to be filled. Let me know, I'll travel a little if I have to.

Thanks
J

#2 ·
Im confused on your question.

Are the coilovers on a vehicle? if not they should not have any pressure in them.

If you are looking for the suggested nitrogen pressure you may just call the MFG of the coilovers and talk with a tech guy about your needs and they can tell you a close pressure.

As fas a filling them, they need to be on the vehicle and the suspension fully drooped out so the shaft can fully extend.

kyle

#4 ·
Not to question your suggestion kyleb, but I've been in contact with offroad-engineering out of San Diego and they said you could fill them up either on or off the truck.

I'll have to check out some bike shops around town to see if they do it.

#5 ·
Its ok, i see where you could fill them first.
I guess i was just looking at my rig and shock placement, i would be tough fitting a 40" long shock in the chassis, its hard enough fully collapsed.

kyle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.