Votes: 12 60.0%
  • To damn expensive/to tight to pay

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Not interested Poteau sucks.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Poteau mountain wheeling interest

30K views 249 replies 45 participants last post by  stan o 
#1 ·
I have a chance to lease 1000 acres on the west side of Poteau mnt, i would like to know how many people would be interested.
There are several trails already cut on the place i am wanting to lease and a hell of a lot more that can be cut, this will be a hunting/wheeling lease and the price will change for each.
I am figuring $100 a year for wheeling and $300 a year for the hunting/wheeling.
This is still in the first stages, i still need to make a appointment to see the plot map to make sure this is a plausible thing.
There will be parking available as well at the foot of the mountain.
This really seems like a great chance for us all to get back to wheeling Poteau mnt.
I just wanted to get some input back from you guys, so let me know what you think.

#5 ·
I would also like to get back out on poteau mt. I have made a lot of good memories there. It seems that there are one or 2 threads per year talking about this that go nowhere. I hope this one delivers. Good luck and thanks for your efforts.

Any chance of getting back on 8 seconds, snowball or any of the old wheeling areas?

#7 ·
I've heard that access to old trails will occur, but i don't know for sure!

If 8 seconds, washout, & snowball are going to be accessible that's almost enough for a weekend!

#8 ·
Cant do snowball, but the other trails are open along with the new ones we have already cut.

#9 ·
We were just talking about Poteau the other day. If it's open to the public on a non-membership basis then the ********* are in for some Poteau!!

Is cavinuea (SP) still open? TO open those two back up would be awesome. Poteau was fun back in the day and since it's so close to Clayton us "long Haulers" could easliy hit both in a long weekend.

Will you have parking on site for guys that ain't legal to drive on the street?

#10 ·
Parking will be available on site, as far as membership goes.....$20 a day equals a $100 pretty quick......
Its really not a membership, its a way for me to re-coup/invest the cash i have out on this property, im sure i could do it $20 a day like clayton, but im out the cost immediately since i dont own the land, thats a pretty good stab @$4.00 an acre.
All i am trying to do is see if i can enough people interested to make it worth while, the trails are there.

#12 ·
We would for SURE be in at $20 a day/rates. While I agree with $100 per year for ME it's just a little high. I'd probably only make it up there once a year, twice tops.

All that said I wouldn't for sure be out at $100 per/year either. All depends on what the rules are.

I've been wanting to go take on Transfer case now that I have a have a more capable rig.

Have you talked to Vaughn? I'm sure he would have a list of locals that would be interested.....especially if they can Hunt and wheel for the same price ($300).

#22 ·
This is great, the more people i see on here taking interest the easier it is going to be for me to fork over the cash to make this happen, thanks guys.

#26 ·
Never wheeled there always want to check out new places, but I don't know if I would make enough trips to justify $100 up front. Still insterated but it would take a lot of convincing to get my cheap buddy's on board to go with me at that cost. Would ther be on site camping where you park, are there places to stay near the mtn?

#29 ·
There are hotels available in Poteau, just under 9 miles from the mnt, and i could provide camping across the street at my 13 acres, it would be primitive and i cant see anything wrong with allowing everyone that would like to camp to do so there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.