Pirate 4x4 banner

Help Texas get 4x4's on Ft Hood again (Petition)

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  badassblaze 
#1 · (Edited)
The time is now. My club militaryjeepers.com are working on getting access to wheel on Ft Hood again. It has been 12 years since it was banned. The reason Ft Hood commanders banned wheeling access was because military service members and civilians were not following simple range rules. I need at least 1000 names to sign this petition to get this up and running again. If you have not been to Ft Hood before, it is truely a sight. imagine trails that you could run on that was used by tanks. There is some gnarly trails waiting for us.
Please help the military jeepers, and area surrounding Ft Hood to enjoy Ft Hood again as it once was.
Below is a link to the petition, it takes only a few minutes to fill out. You want to know the best part, it won't cost you anything is use the access; no park fees, conviently located near killeen, TX.

https://www.change.org/petitions/fort-hood-texas-reopen-training-areas-for-full-sized-4x4-s#news

Mod's, if this post is in the wrong section, let me know where to post it. I wanted to post it in the section with the most traffic.
Thanks for viewing, and your contribution.

EDIT: FIXED LINK
US ARMY FT HOOD TX

See less See more
#7 ·
I wheeled Ft Hood years ago and was involved in the reasoning behind its closure. The base was closed way before 9/11 due to destruction of historic sites on the base. At first it was just closed to 4x4's but still allowed atv's and motorcycles, they found the destruction still ongoing and shut it down completly. I had thought it was closed for good seeing as the latest military actions etc.

I am on the fence about this petition because I know the history of the closure and why. If we can have it opened back up again will we be blamed for the same destuction as last time.

Just my thoughts BTW and in no means meant to sway either way.

#8 ·
I hear what your saying. But that is by no means to give up.
The situation isn't really any different then the Rubicon, Tellico, Moab. including enviromental issues. People screw it up for everybody else. That's why it's so important to educate those that will utilize the area.
I was here when it closed as well. My impression was it closed because of people getting into the impact zone, as well as disturbing areas with unit training going on.
I should mention, that the plan is only for a section of Ft Hood to allow 4x4's; not the whole back forty, in order to preserve these areas your talking about.
But the real struggle is keeping people educated.

Thanks
Mike-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.