Pirate 4x4 banner

RIP Mr. Frieling

4K views 34 replies 28 participants last post by  okiebindernut 
#1 ·
I got word today that Mr. Frieling passed away yesterday, November 28. Services will be Monday, but that's all the information I have right now. I will update this thread as more information becomes available.

#10 ·
Super guy, got the sport going again in the area, he will be missed, as will his stories.

#13 · (Edited)
Great guy and was always hospitable to the wheelin community. His stories about the government and the UFO's on his property, the fact you could hanglide all the way to Tulsa from the top of his mountain, the swimming hole with a sand beach he was building up on the top of the mountain, etc., are still talked about around campfires to this day. Awesome guy and he will be missed.

#22 ·
A Talihina man died Wednesday from a possible heart attack after a car wreck in Latimer County, according to a report from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Weldon Frieling, 70, was driving a 2001 Ford Escape Wednesday at approximately 1:30 p.m., the report states. He was heading southbound on Cardinal Lane, approximately 13 miles south of Wilburton in Latimer County, when the vehicle departed the roadway to the left and struck a tree, the report states. Frieling was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident and OHP Trooper Josh Davies, of the LeFlore /Latimer County Detachment, investigated the accident.

#24 ·
Wow, sorry to hear this news, would have liked to go wheeling there sometime, im sure he will be missed by many.

#29 ·
I hope somehow the land stays open. I am sure the land goes to his daughter? A frielings memorial run could be cool. He was a hoot and always seemed pleased to.have people there. I called him a few times just to let him know we were coming and he was always happy to oblige. His dogs scared me though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.