Pirate 4x4 banner

((2013)) John Sumner's Big Meats Run

75K views 616 replies 101 participants last post by  loweredf1 
#1 ·
MARK YOUR CALENDERS FOR

(((( JOHN SUMNER'S ))))

BIG MEAT RUN 2013!!!

BMR will be March 15th,16th and most pull out the 17th.

Location is at Disney, Oklahoma with a raffle on Sat. @ 6pm
This is a free run.

A Huge thanks to John and Edie Sumner for all of the time they put in to make this happen for us each year!!!!!!!!​

Vendors:
Please PM or email me a picture of what you would like to give away as well as a description and the MSRP of the item. I will then add your company name, what the item is, the retail price and the picture or pictures of the item.

See less See more
#2 ·
As vendors send their items the products will be added to the main page. See giveaway items here.

SBWINVPS.COM

http://www.sbwinvps.com/lhost

This great vendor will be giving Silver and Black iPod shuffles

He does Email, Web and Blog Hosting

Please contact him for any of your Email, Web and Blog hosting needs.

KMD Garage will donate one 22" light bars in spot beam. Retail is $219.95.
22" Flood Beam Cree LED Light Bar - KMD Garage

MeredithMachine would like to donate a fiberglass TJ hood and grille. This set is narrowed for a tube chassis and will not fit a stock TJ. $650 MSRP

Matt Shields

Meredith Machine

417-621-1021

Juan Segobia from 'In The Shade' out of Emporia, KS has donated this stereo for the BMR. $169.99 msrp

TrailWorthyFab would like to donate 2- 6" (Trail Series) LED light bars. There will be two winners, each getting one light bar.
They are listed on our website for $95 ea.

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Trail-Series/

TrailWorthyFab would also like to giveaway a set of Race horns. These are the loudest electric horns we have ever been around. These sell on our website for $75http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Loud-Horn.html

TrailWorthyFab will be giving away 5 T shirts. (one shirt per winner) to 5 different winners.

#3 ·
Dirk with www.4x4oil.com wants to give to you guys too!!!!

Wonder where all the Amsoil that goes in the offroad rigs comes from? You guessed it. It's this guy! Give him a call and tell him you want to run what all the big boys are running at the Big Meats Run this year.
4x4oil.com would like to give 2- $25 Gift Certificates that will go to 2 lucky winners (25$ to each). Please give him a call of any of your offroad fluid needs. Dirk is a great guy who does a lot for our sport.

OCX Adventure Outfitters6.5" Crawl Tunes Trail Cans
fit most 6.5" Speakers
made of glass filled nylon(strong and light)
aluminum quick release clamps for 1.5-2" OD tube
clamps indexable at 45* increments

www.crawltunes.com

Off Road Gear is in for some swag. Tshirts, Hats, Hoodies, and stickers!!

I ganked this from last years thread. Post up your pics showing people doing what the BMR is.... Having fun!!!

#4 ·

C2G Fab

Ever wonder what the racers are using to cut their seat belts? You got it. It's this knive. This awesome vendor is going to give some winners at the BMR the following!!!!! Check out their website for some of their kick @ss items!!!
http://www.c2gfab.com/

Seat belt knife with tube mounted sheath (2)

Tube Mounted Sun glass Holder (2)

Tube Mounted Flashlight holder w/ Light (2)

All items will fit tubes from 1.5" to 1.75" and are hand formed from Kydex material.

#5 ·
The state camping spots are gonig to be done on line this year. I am waiting to hear back from her. She said "They will be able to reserve spots on line any day, I will call you either late today or tomorrow with the website".

russ has a camp ground as well. Both the state and russ have restrooms. I hope to find some maps to all of the options for you guys.

#10 ·
You are more than welcome to stay as long as you wish. Myself.. I'm on the road come Sunday. I have no clue what day the city is doing what. I tried to call the Mayor today. Only to get a recording that said their office is only open 3 hours a day. I'll try back tomorrow

#8 ·
Thanks for getting the dates up so soon. Putting in my vacation request tomorrow. Hopefully I can make it up with some of the other Tulsaoffroad guys this year.

#11 ·
Thank you Juan!!! If anyone is needing any audio needs Juan Segobia is your man. Please give him a chance at your business by calling the number listed under this post.

Juan Segobia from 'In The Shade' out of Emporia, KS has donated this stereo for the BMR. $169.99 msrp

#13 ·
These are from 2012 which was my first time going. Had an absolute blast!

I have many more pics of rigs navigating some of the obstacles but out of courtesy for the owners I will not post them online without their permission. Some people are sensitive to that kind of stuff. Hopefully I will be able to attend again this year.

#15 ·
It's good. Thank you Ryan!

#17 ·
I want to share a little something the Mayor of Disney wrote in a thread a few years back as well as my own thoughts.

The BMR is much bigger than most of us know. It's more than just a bunch of people getting a chance to wheel. It was started by one of the best men I have ever known, John Sumner. Started by a guy who never wanted anything out of it but to give his friends a place to get together each year and have a great time. The truth is. It has gotten big. It now effects a town. The town of Disney Oklahoma doesn't have all the things to offer that the big city does. They can't afford to do some of the things they want to for their town and our support (wheelers) makes a HUGE mark. With the funds that they make off of tickets that they sell they put on a firework show on the 4th of July each year. To you and I it may not be that big of a deal. However to a town that doesn't have the funds it is a HUGE deal and they are quick to thank everyone 1000x on our way out the door. Please know that when you stop for gas in their town or when you go out to eat you are helping people who help us.

I would like to thank everyone that traveled to Disney, OK. for John and Edie's BMR. I have worked with Edie for the last few months. They are a delightful couple and they work very hard all year long to pull off this Meat Run. It was a GREAT EVENT and it is only going to get bigger. If it wasn't for them, Disney could not have this great success in the economy. We are truly thankful for them. I want to continue to work with them for future events. I am also in contact with Oklahoma Tourism who controls our State Parks. I will speak with them on any issue. I work with them when it comes to the fireworks show on the water. Their parks get full for our Event.
I am also working with several agencies on trying to get a sewer system in Disney. It is down the road, but we have to start somewhere. We should have already had them many years ago. This is one project that I am not going to let up on. I feel that we could get more business come into Disney. I want to tell you that GRDA really did a good job. They are trying to do the best of your Event. I have spoke with them several times. They are very flexible to work with. They proved that to me when I bought our Event permit for Grand Lake Fireworks Inc. Edie also did this and their whole attitude changed. We have some very good lake patrol. They had no trouble with the people. They had to talk to some, but with this large event, you do have rules to abide by. I believe that everyone can work together to make this better. I know that Disney will. Our Chief of Police issued 3 citations, and that was to people not affiliated to the BMR. So, all in all it turned to be a good weekend with a few exceptions.

Thank You,
Judy Barger
Mayor of Disney

#18 ·
You can Contact Cherokee State Park office at 918-435-8066. Speak with Kelley, she can get you the info on the camping in the parks. Also you can check out Travelok.com, the click on the State Parks link. Then Look for Cherokee State Park, Disney/Little Blue State Park. These sites will have contact information.

#19 ·
Thanks Matt for your support!!!! If anyone has a need for fiberglass hoods please give Matt a chance at your business!!

MeredithMachine would like to donate a fiberglass TJ hood and grille. This set is narrowed for a tube chassis and will not fit a stock TJ. $650 MSRP

Thanks

Matt Shields

Meredith Machine

417-621-1021

#20 ·
Please post up pictures of your rig so we know who is who, please.

#21 ·
Looks like 70 people on FB are already saying they are in. :smokin:

If you guys know of any vendors that might want to showcase their products for the giveaway please let me know and I would love to talk with them and get pictures of their products and add them to this thread.

#26 ·
I wish not to stir that subject up. I will close with the fact that little town needs us and we are happy for their support. It would be very sad to let any one person make a negative impression on a town. A town that has been very good to all of us.

The park people are good to us (wheelers). The city official is good to us and the town enjoys seeing a spectator two day show. There was more win than lose keeping it in Disney this year.

#29 ·
Here is another giveaway item. This time from a business in Disney.

Please call Bonnie with Southern Oaks Resort if you are looking for a place to stay this year when you wheel at disney 918-782-9346
This is what she posted on our FB.

Bonnie Carpenter Thank you for your interest in staying at Southern Oaks Resort.We do our best to serve each guest according to their individual needs and 4x4s .We still have a few cottages left for this event. Southern Oaks Resort would like to donate a free night stay and a one hour massage. For your givaway give me a call 918-782-9346

#33 ·
Ill be there with dirty joe
Will be first big outing with my rig
Can't wait
Went last year and watched it was great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.