Pirate 4x4 banner

SMORR froze over event

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  bradhink 
#1 ·
Anyone from pirate4x4 going to SMORR on the first of February?
Lets get a head count. If all goes according to plan ill be there with the Blazer

#6 ·
I think that there are several members of Ozarks Jeep Thing (OJT) that are going to SMORR Froze...
It looks like we can only be there on Saturday, but that's better than nothing.
Anyone who has not been to SMORR will be very impressed with their facilities. They've got the nicest, cleanest bathroom/showerhouse in the industry!! Good campsites, a snackbar (burgers, hotdogs & more), and the trails are great. Try to make it, you won't be sorry!

#12 ·
I know it's called froze over but let's hear everybody's plan not to freeze over. 4days away and my plan....well there ain't much so looking for some low buck, low effort ideas to survive in relative comfort. I'm a tent guy most of the time but don't think I can polar bear it in spite of my winter furr....

#13 ·
It's supposed to be pretty mild this year weather wise, buuuut, I picked up a cheap CL camper and modifying one of my goosenecks to stay a little warmer at night.

What I've done in the past is bring some cardboard to lay on in the tent and ran a small space heater. Good heavy socks help too!

Still gotta finish the trailer and put the two together but nothing like crunch time before a wheeling trip right?

#15 ·
I have a winter tent a electric heater and a sub zero mummy bag.

I will bring a extra extension cord this time. :D year before last had a faulty extension cord, popped two wal mart heaters before it finally melted down. Ended up going to mcd's round 3 in the morn to warm up after firewood ran out! Live n learn :homer: lol
Good times!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.