Pirate 4x4 banner

Frieling's 4x4 Park Re-opened

9K views 42 replies 23 participants last post by  littleboss 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw a topic created on this but it seemed to be in the wrong section so I created a new one.

A lot of you may remember Frieling's 4x4 park near Clayton. It was recently shut down due to the owners death (RIP Weldon Frieling). His niece, Arla Little, has taken over management of the park and it is back open for wheeling fun. We have plans for a Memorial and fundraising event at the park for Weldon and to help Arla and Felica Scott (who is the current owner and Weldon's daughter) cover costs to run the park. These plans are still in the development stages but we will keep you guys updated on the page and in this topic.

I have been coordinating with Arla (Bubbles on the forum). I spent time this evening creating a Facebook page for the park. It is still a work in progress, but it is up and running. Please like and share the heck out of this page to all of your wheeling friends.

Frieling's 4x4 Park - Talihina, OK - Mountain, Tourist Attraction | Facebook

We are discussing holding an event in memorial to Weldon Frieling and also to raise funds to keep the park open. I suggested holding a poker run and perhaps a rock race to her when I talked to her over the phone. She informed me that Sams Offroad in Tulsa has already stated they would donate prizes. Any help the offroading community can give her will be greatly appreciated.

See less See more
#8 ·
The only map that Arla can find is one dated 2004 and many many things have changed since then. We are working on getting a new map. If anyone is in the area with a rig that can handle it and a GPS that can map coordinates, I can make a map. If anyone is willing to help with this, please let us know.

#9 ·
K thanks. Arla contacted me on Facebook and asked if we had anyone i our group that could help map. There is one guy he actually mapped our local and created maps. I messaged him this morning early and asked him to get in touch with Arla. Is the 04 map able to be loaded onto a GPS and we can begin mapping from there?

#13 · (Edited)
The land on the north side of the mountain is currently undergoing some legal issues that will soon be resolved. Once they are resolved, we can begin cutting trails on that side of the mountain.

The Frielings Offroad Benefit/Weldon memorial event is scheduled for June 22nd-23rd. This run event is a memorial event for Weldon Frieling, former owner of the park, who has recently deceased as well as a fundraising event for repairs to some of the parks structures caused by vandals. Saturday the 22nd will be a poker run with the winner getting a percentage of the park's proceeds. Sunday we will be holding a raffle with prizes from Sam's offroad and 4 Wheel Parts of Tulsa. Things are still in the planning phases but we hope to have a band out there by the time the event begins. We encourage everybody to come out and enjoy the festivities even if you do not own a off road vehicle. Admission is $20 per day per vehicle, and if you want to come out as a spectator with no offroad vehicle, it will be $10 per day. Family packages for spectators will be $20 no matter how many is in the family. We will not be allowing camping during this event in the park. Local lodgings and campsites are as follows:

Lazy R inn
Clayton Inn
Camping at Sardis lake and Cabins
Yanush Store camping and RV parking

Please go on to the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frielings-4x4-Park/ and like the page for news and updates on the event.

#23 · (Edited)
GPS location to Freilings Property

34.745121,-95.266485

We turned left from here into the parking lot. There is plenty of room to load and unload trailers.

We kept it mild with the trails but saw lots of trails and potential trails that would have been badass to run.

#25 ·
In Feb we had a group of 6 jeeps up there, just ran around on whatever looked fun. There are some trails that will keep anyone busy, but a lot for less hardcore type.

Some of them are still marked but a lot of the signs are down. If you like creek trails there are some that will keep your attention. i have never been able to find a map, but the p13 trail runs around the property and most of the trails seem to be off it.

Lots of parking, kind of hard to find and can be a pain if you miss the turns. Arla is very nice and very easy to deal with. The trails hae not seen a lot of use in the past few years and some are grown up, but we did not see any that would be impassable.

It is well worth a visit and good for a day or two of wheeling.

#26 ·
As said already, a lot of the trails run off the same access road that cuts across the mountain. There is one in the middle and top of the mountain if I recall correctly and a trail at the bottom the connects them. Linked had cut a trail back on the north side awhile back. More trails are on the west side of the road that cuts up the mountain to the parking area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.