Pirate 4x4 banner

washita park

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Jwbogger 
#1 ·
Headed to washita park in march. Never been there how are the trails. I've been to smorr how does it compare

#7 · (Edited)
Facilities are minimal: showers/toilet and a pavilion outside. Park owner is a nice fella. It rained 2-3" the night before I wheeled up there last year and it wasn't nearly as muddy as I thought it'd be. The rocks are like a gritty/rough granite-like texture that's easy to grip so I've had good luck with traction. The creek trail is fun to run up and it will take you to the backside of the Lookout Point. It's about 500 yards of boulders with many available lines to take with some steep climbs. The reason I like it is because of the round boulders and traction they provide....its a pretty place.
Wish my front revision was done so I could make it

#9 ·
I like the park. Good combination of fun and a few short challenging trails. Only complaint is if you break plan on fixing it on the trail as there is no way to get to the back of the park other than the trails and you would need a hell of a rig to pull the dead weight of a broke rig out of there.

#16 ·
This is completely true. Had my rig break the drive coupler between my SM465/NP205 left me going no where and it was Sunday afternoon. Luckily found some other boy on the park to help me spin my rig 360 on the trail and pull me back to the trailer with their stock suburban. I happily gave the men a case of beer.

I love the park, could use better maps and trail marking. But that that drive down I-44 is a pain for my rig.

#10 ·
Plan on getting lost if you haven't been there before, Pack a lunch in you rig you will need it. the map is better now than it was but still not great. Had a good time just be prepared to stay out all day not real easy to just run back to camp. good trails and challenging,

#11 ·
We've got three in the group that's been once. They said the map looks like it was drawn in crayon. We are going both days. There will be about twenty rigs buggies to dd would be great to have some Missouri pirates to show us flatlanders around.

#21 ·
We ran b8 Fri night, Saturday .up b2 to bald nob,down b10 to b11 left on b8 to c2 up the waterfall then back to b4 to get broken rig. Had to call it a day at 5 because of the weather nice park its got some good challenges. More pics on FB "wheeling at washita"

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.