Pirate 4x4 banner

Tulsa, OK Mild Tube Work/Fabrication

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  87 Bronco 
#1 ·
Tubings not my thing. For that matter, neither is presentable fabrication, so hunting someone local that can replicate something similar to these rear corner wings

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Off-roading

and, possibly, cut rear frame rails and add cross member below door, so rear most frame attachment point will change.

The tubing used on Metaltech's is 2 x .120 wall DOM SRA and, no, they don't and won't make another set.

Have spoke with the only tube wizard I know and he's limited to 1 1/2" and booked for many months, so hoping someone here, may be interested.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Shoot me a PM or give me a call, I can probably help you out with that. Oh and I'm joining the Yota club!

#4 ·
85 4runner, 4:7 doubler, 30 spline chromoly axles 5.29 gears ARB front, Lunchbox rear and a whole bunch of other goodies.

#9 ·
For a broader scope to consider.

Wanting to cut the rear quarter from this:

Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper Automotive tire

To this:

Vehicle Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Car

And the cut the front and rear fenders from this:

Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Vehicle

To:

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle Wheel

With minor fab to inner fender, plus want to be able to remove outer, still.

Have ambitions to taper the rear frame rail, an effort to minimize dragging, from 4" to 2 1/2", rebuilding rear cross member, then tube/bumper work along these lines

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

But obviously higher up on the frame, since the lower quarter won't be in the way, and higher up on the body corner.

It's hell wheeling a station wagon and more protection the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.