Pirate 4x4 banner

clayton ok ???????????????

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  DFW Rusty 
#1 · (Edited)
i havn't seen any posts about anyone going to clayton in a long time ... is the place still open

our group up here in Washington State was interested in coming down there to do some NON tree hugger Controled wheeling

... we have all wheeled canada washington oregon and moab.... but nothing down south yet

thanks
matt

#11 ·
You probably know a guy called Bunk, I ran some with Bunk & Bobby Long at KOH 4 years ago, I know of these S&N Chassis have seen some over the last 4 years at KOH. Clayton is great place to wheel, only tree hugging going on will be some of these boys drinking too much. Lol
Plan a trip there are several great wheeling spots to hit in this area.
We will be glad to show you guys around.
Clayton fri-sun this weekend.
Dale W.

#12 ·
We were just down there this past weekend (5/17 to 5/20) at Green acres. Had an awesome time! Place is deff still open. If you come all that way, swing in to Slims and say hellow before you start wheeling, cuz odds are you'll be going to his shop to get something for your rig before your trip is over!

Pics (no vid, still finishing it) from this past weekend-

There is a neat back story to these next 2 pics! A guy trashed his rig on slim's slope, his group got it to the top of the mountain, left it, guy pays slim $100 to spend 5 hours going to get the rig, slim agrees, our group is at slims getting junk fixed, our group offers to help slim go get rig, we end up going with slim through a back way to the top of the mountain, slim uses an old ass 80's ford tow truck that the 4wd doesn't work on, we use my jeep tied to tow truck and tow truck tied to buggy (buggy has broke steering pump, tranny, t-case), my jeep was beast and pulled the tow truck and buggy for about 3 miles through mud and shit! our group had a ball helping slim and guy with busted rig!

Slim is the guy in work clothes...

This is a wall hanger pic of my jeep!

#13 ·
Ya, those s&n buggies will work great there, but watch out for those 44"+ holes....some of those buggies might fall into them! Jk!

If dtwilli leads you around, you'll definitely be set for a good time!

Those pics were awesome! I've heard about the fabled "back way in" that slim knows about and uses for rescues!

#20 ·
Great Memorial Day weekend & weather.
Clayton had some high winds from storms that went through area
before Memorial weekend. We need to take chain saws on next trip
out lots of trees down several over trails. It does add another challenge
this was the 1st time I saw rocks stacked up over a tree on the trail. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.