My Second Intro - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - South Central
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 142996
My Second Intro

Hey everyone! My name is R.C. and I have just recently purchased my first jeep.

6 months ago, I moved back home to Texas (home), and am living in Mansfield now. The move was due to a nasty divorce, of which I gave away everything and ended up here with a computer, some bags of my clothes, and my baby, a 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R. I got down here, wasted no time in finding me a job better than the long-term job I walked away from in Oklahoma, and have been working for Vaught Aircraft in Grand Prairie. One night I had plans to meet my girlfriend and her family for dinner at a restaurant in Burleson. On my way, on my bike, in traffic (two-way), some teenagers ran me off the road. The bike and I jumped about 30 yds, came down, the bike went straight, end over end. I bounced off and into a 6" steel pole, then was flung like a ragdoll from there for 30 ft. I was unconcious for 30 min and woke up in the ambulance. I dont remember any of the accident or that morning. An older gentlemen, driving behind me, witnessed the whole thing. The teenagers sped away, and the old man was more worried about getting down the ditch to me, than with the license plate. I ended up with a major concussion, shoulderblade broke into 10 pieces, torn rotatorcuff, 3 cracked vertebra and my neck, both wrists dislocated, dislocated knee caps. Oh and one ass cheek that is black as the Pirate background. I guess it was meant for something bad to happen on that bike. So that was two months ago. I am healling nicely. The shoulder blade has mended well. The two bulging disks in my neck have gone down some. I am broke as can be, and have sustained my apt and bills with no income for two months. But now the well is dry. So the I made the Dr release me to go back to work on the 26th. I am excited to get back to work, but also scared, because he says the rotator cuff is still torn and needs extensive treatment. But he knows how financially embarrassed I am, and he knows I have a huge tolerance for pain. So we are going to put it off for a while. So back to bringing in the green.

That is good also, because I have two vehicles I need to pay for. One is my dads 03 2500HD Chevy Crewcab. I found me a 2001 Silver TJ, 4Cyl, 5speed, Missing the rear, and rear side windows, exhaust leak, and the most out of balance 31" bald mud tires ever. I drove to San Antonio to pick it up, and the drive back was murder. I want to buckle down, and pay them off in a year, so I can start building my TJ.

I am not new to off-roading, nor to garage fabrication. I used to be on here under the handle OklaK5guy when I built my K5, and my Zuk. My last build and rig was an 88.5 Samurai Buggy. Took me a year, ran it two runs and sold it. Wish I could get it back, but doubt that happens.
The build to it is here
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=4244
And here is a pic of it

So, after I get back to work, and my debts and bills caught up, I plan on two different builds for this TJ. The first build will happen as soon as I can, so I can go do SOME sort of wheeling, while I am saving money for the hardcore build.

Phase One Build:
Super 35 Axle Kit with an Aussie locker in the rear
Whatever I can do to the D30 to beef it to wheel 33's on mild/med trails
small longarm kit. I want it low.
4.88 or 5.29 gears front and rear. I had 5.29's in the Sami and loved it. But his is my DD, so I need to do some research. Definitely aussie in front too.
Winch
Highline Fenders
Crusher corners
rocker protectors, possible boatside.
Front and rear bumpers with stinger
Cage improvements
suspension seats.
Some sort of lower gearing option for the stock tcase

Phase Two:
5.7 or 6.0L engine swap with Auto Trans, and atlas
Ford 9", and HD D44 axle swap
37" Pitbulls
Beadlocks.
Stretch rear suspension
Comp cut.

Thats the plans. Right now it looks like below except I have a set of 33" Cooper Discover SSTs. Went mudding once across a deep mud field next to my apts. It did fine, but know the value of at least one locker. I live in apts, and it is new to me. For the last 14 years, I have had houses with garages, or at least a driveway I could work it. Not sure what Im going to do yet, as far as wrenching, but I am learning how the city life moves and wheels. Look forward to any suggestions, help, pointers, links, criticism's I may get. And also look forward to wheeling with some of yall.

Last edited by texheepguy; 10-20-2009 at 01:13 PM.
texheepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
"ehh...you got that"

Member # 126355
Welcome.

Glad to hear your back on the road to recovery...and glad to hear your back in the wheeling community!...God Bless Texas

-scott-

91 Xcab--4D's, chromo 60's, locked, TR's, Now receiving a facelift with Links, a cammed 5.3 with z06 goodies, built 700r4, and 2spd Stak
scottapher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Machine&Fab Shop

Member # 135831
Hang in there. And keep on working at making things better but if you've got your projects to keep you motivated, you'll get back there soon. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Maybe us Texans can meet on the trails one day. Good luck. Leah
BarbedWireOffRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 43040
Damn good thing they didnt break your fingers.... You'd be fucked tryin to type all of that!
Glad to hear ya gettin shit goin your way.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 110184
Good luck, sounds like things are turning around for you. Keep plugging and keep the rubber side down!!!

91 YJ, 5.3, TH400, Atlas 3.8, 35 spl 60's f&r

Pick up your trash you nancy little bastards or sell that shit and go buy a fawkin low rider so you can be around more of your own kind! :flipoff:
mrtoddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crawlfab.com

Member # 37291
Looks like a solid plan except for the super 35.

I would not waste money on the dana 35 rear. The most I would do is a set of the cheap aftermarket shafts after you break the stockers.

The only other upgrade to a dana 35 that needs to be done is swap in a Explorer 8.8.
jayz8886 is offline   Reply With Quote