Accident in Amarillo - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - South Central
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 130232
Accident in Amarillo

I saw this in the Amarillo Paper this morning.

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...-kind-40-years

Such a horrible turn of events, my heart and prayers go out to thier family. I hope this is reminder to all to keep safty first.

Beyond her family, it is sad for the sport, because it gives those wanting to close down what we do another bullet in thier arsenal. Could have been a freak accident, could have been bad behavior, they will spin it how they want it. We all need to be diligent eveytime we go out, not just so we can return to our families at the end of the day, but to keep our areas open for us and future generations.
BCG4840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 7647
that sucks

Sniper Fab
4x4Oil SBwinVPS Custom Splice C2GFab
apeters89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 140746
I see what happened, but as far as the journalism, that article was all over the place.

Jones said fatal accidents are more common on all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles that don't provide as much protection as sand rails, which are dune buggies constructed of steel tubes that protect the occupants.

I and ya'll know what this is saying, but I believe it is purposely worded backwards, so if you read it fast you will think all ORV will explode when you drive them.

The Amarillo South Rotary Club in January recognized White and KC Simpson as Potter County's 2010 co-deputies of the year after the deputies prevented a man who had committed a murder and abducted one young girl minutes earlier from continuing a crime spree.

I understand they did good, but has nothing to do with this story, just more words on paper and a plug for the guy.

"We work a lot of all-terrain vehicle accidents out there during the summer months. We'll have accidents all through the summer," Aduddell said.

A lot may be 3, because compared to the years past, 3 is a lot more than 0.

"The way I understand the law, if you have got a roll bar, it's not a requirement to wear seat belts or headgear like you have to on an all-terrain vehicle."

Yet fail to mention that 95% of people DO wear helmets, and the only reason you are even HEARING this, is because one gal didn't.

Sucks for the fam, but this journalism makes it look like they were daredevils jumping the Grand Canyon with the kids in the back seat.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 110184
I agree, typical lib media bias against anything but hugging trees, smokin weed and protesting about something. Terrible for the family, and I hate it especially for the children, but this is a lesson to show how important our safety equipment is, no matter where you are or how long you've been doing it. RIP.

91 YJ, 5.3, TH400, Atlas 3.8, 35 spl 60's f&r

Pick up your trash you nancy little bastards or sell that shit and go buy a fawkin low rider so you can be around more of your own kind! :flipoff:
mrtoddb is offline   Reply With Quote