Pickett State Forest Jamestown, TN?? - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Member # 181180
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
LOL I was trying to figure out who the hell "Federales" is... and I read his sig and thought "damn, that sounds like Greg's 4runner that is sittin in my backyard..." duh.

yeah, he's my co-pilot for the weekend

But yes, we are going to night ride, probably run the car hauler again since it is close to camp.

We're camping at waynes trace. trail splits to the left right before carpenters rock house on your way in. its a one-way trail that dead ends at a rock house. dont steal our shit.
__________________
87 Runner SAS Longs 5.29s Locked 4.7 Single Case 38 TSLs
Team NHFF ECORS Stock Class IFS Toyota
Federales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member # 47944
Posts: 222
It's snowing here in Sparta right now I hope it's doing the same there it'll make

for a good ride
__________________
87 4runner dual cases 4.70 twin sticks full cage 5.29s locked 37"iroks beadlocks
ronnie bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
I just got into Jamestown and its sticking. They are calling for a couple of inches tonight. Can't wait for in the morning!
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Nothing like being foolish enough to o trail riding with two or three inches of snow on the ground, a high of 22, with 15 to 20 mph winds making it feel like its the low teens out there...
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Amazing day of riding!



















__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315








He one shot the hill so no good pics!








__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315












More pics can be found at this link:
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/k...-12/?start=all
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Misc pics

















__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member # 13306
Posts: 160
looks like you all had an blast in the snow in pickett. you all have some good looking rigs there also.
cbtoy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #85 (permalink)
Piggin' Ain't Easy
 
TBItoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 43587
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 4,102
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Apparently yall didn't do the car hauler trail. We rode it saturday at dusk and no one had been on it. Saw lots of broke rigs this weekend. Kinda surprising for black house.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 199419
Location: kentucky
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
Apparently yall didn't do the car hauler trail. We rode it saturday at dusk and no one had been on it. Saw lots of broke rigs this weekend. Kinda surprising for black house.
no we didnt make it car hauler, we had a damn good time though. we'll be back in the summer. thank god for heaters and beer
__________________
85 sr5 4runner with all the crawl goodies
mr longwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Yeah we decided to skip car hauler this time around. In our group we ended up with one busted ujoint on an XJ, Something broke in the front axle of a 4runner, and the Sami broke the tcase crossmemeber.

How cold did it get camping last night?
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #88 (permalink)
Piggin' Ain't Easy
 
TBItoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 43587
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 4,102
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
It was single digits last night. I've got gear for that weather so I was fine. Some of the others cat napped around the fire all night to stay warm.

We had 2 broke dana 44 shafts in an xj and j10.

The car hauler was solid ice, the j10 slid and broke through the railing, but some careful winching got him out. We all had to winch up it tho
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 199419
Location: kentucky
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
It was single digits last night. I've got gear for that weather so I was fine. Some of the others cat napped around the fire all night to stay warm.

We had 2 broke dana 44 shafts in an xj and j10.

The car hauler was solid ice, the j10 slid and broke through the railing, but some careful winching got him out. We all had to winch up it tho
were ya'll the guys that came up behind us on that hill? Red J10 with no bed? I did cold weather training while in Marines, we camped for 13 nights the high was -12 in the daytime, -27 at night. In tents, no fire! I love to camp, but
__________________
85 sr5 4runner with all the crawl goodies
mr longwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Member # 11982
Location: Deltona Fl.
Posts: 1,147
Great pics, Pickett is now on my bucket list. I really wanted to try and join you guys for this run, but threat pesky money thing held me back. I'll be keeping an eye out for any summer trips and see if I can make it work. Great rigs guys.
InstaGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member # 13306
Posts: 160
maybe in the spring me an my brother can come ride with you all, we have rode with bigsouthforkofforad some on toy runs an an couple benifit rides they have had. got to get his jeep fixed first.
cbtoy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Piggin' Ain't Easy
 
TBItoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 43587
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 4,102
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr longwood View Post
were ya'll the guys that came up behind us on that hill? Red J10 with no bed? I did cold weather training while in Marines, we camped for 13 nights the high was -12 in the daytime, -27 at night. In tents, no fire! I love to camp, but
Yep, I have the blue/rusty toyota buggy. My buddies were in a J10 and a Cherokee on full widths.

There was new guy with us in a white YJ that he had just bought....

when we split our big group into 2 groups at the gravel road, I asked him "Are you locked?" he said "yes"... He thought I meant "are you in 4wd?" not "Do you have locking differentials"

So he spent some time strapped behind my buggy on the up-hills... Turns out the Toyota still 'wheels just fine with a "Heep" strapped to the back

And his wheels were too wide for the tires, so he knocked a front tire off the rim and we had to fix that.


Oh well, he was a new guy and learned something.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Glad to hear that ya'll survived. I figured you and Gabe would be well prepared for it, didn't know about whoever else was with you.

Did ya'll end up with any pics?
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by InstaGator View Post
Great pics, Pickett is now on my bucket list. I really wanted to try and join you guys for this run, but threat pesky money thing held me back. I'll be keeping an eye out for any summer trips and see if I can make it work. Great rigs guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtoy4x4 View Post
maybe in the spring me an my brother can come ride with you all, we have rode with bigsouthforkofforad some on toy runs an an couple benifit rides they have had. got to get his jeep fixed first.
We'd be glad to have ya'll join us for a ride sometime. Feel free to holler at me whenever and we will try to get one planned out. As Mr. Longwood can attest, there is plenty of cabins within driving distance and several places to camp out too.
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #95 (permalink)
Piggin' Ain't Easy
 
TBItoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member # 43587
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 4,102
Send a message via AIM to TBItoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridered3 View Post
Glad to hear that ya'll survived. I figured you and Gabe would be well prepared for it, didn't know about whoever else was with you.

Did ya'll end up with any pics?
Nah I left the camera at home. Things get brittle in single digit temps.
TBItoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member # 199419
Location: kentucky
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBItoy View Post
Yep, I have the blue/rusty toyota buggy. My buddies were in a J10 and a Cherokee on full widths.

There was new guy with us in a white YJ that he had just bought....

when we split our big group into 2 groups at the gravel road, I asked him "Are you locked?" he said "yes"... He thought I meant "are you in 4wd?" not "Do you have locking differentials"

So he spent some time strapped behind my buggy on the up-hills... Turns out the Toyota still 'wheels just fine with a "Heep" strapped to the back

And his wheels were too wide for the tires, so he knocked a front tire off the rim and we had to fix that.


Oh well, he was a new guy and learned something.
dammit man, everybody should know the diffrence in "locked" and "locked in". thats how itgoes in the snow though. it brings out the dumbass in all of us
__________________
85 sr5 4runner with all the crawl goodies
mr longwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member # 173147
Posts: 62
Send a message via ICQ to Brent Harp
We had a good time fellers. Those cabins were nice. We'll have to come back in the summer and check out more of that place. I think keith stone had a good time too.
{the black toyota}
Brent Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Member # 106865
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 8
we had a great time thanks for showing us around ! jc the guy with back up alarm
__________________
88 toy 4.3 dual cases 5.29's longfields 36''tsl's w/ beads oscilating fan!
jcmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ridered3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 111822
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 315
Glad ya'll had a good time trying out some different trails semi close by. Holler if you ever want to head back this way.

BTW I mentally make the beep beep beep sound whenever I put my truck in reverse thanks to you guys...
__________________
One without a rig...
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Member # 47944
Posts: 222
Great ride we had a good time until I broke both front hubs on the black 4 runner. When you make another ride or want to go to golden mountain give me a pm
__________________
87 4runner dual cases 4.70 twin sticks full cage 5.29s locked 37"iroks beadlocks
ronnie bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.