Bryant's Cove Lease - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 79316
Bryant's Cove Lease

Bryant’s Cove
Lease

Our trails have been threatened in the past and some are even gone. We are working on a lease for 7400 Acres in Bryant’s Cove so we have a place to ride. The leasing of this property could even lead to a more permanent solution for our riding future. The lease will consist of 250 lessees at $120 each. It will be an annual lease with a % of your Money back if a portion of property is sold. There will be “hunting” type insurance on the property for the lease holder(s). If those who ride the Cove fail to lease the property, it could easily be leased to a strict “hunting only” club. In this instance we would not be able to continue riding in the area. If you want help with the lease, please call or text (931)235-9917.
We will be having a Meeting for the DamnLocals 4x4 Club, Saturday, May 12th to discuss the lease. Anyone that may have questions on this matter will be welcome to attend. And, if you may be interest in joining a 4x4 Club come check us out. We are always looking for more with same interests.
We will also be discussing other subject at our Meeting like our Memorial Day Bash at the end of the Month and MORE!
The Meeting will be held in the Middle of Tracy City behind the 100 year old Flury’s Grocery Store. Turn on to 12th Street and it is just past the ball field on the right.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 45977
Coy, is there anyway to donate to the club to help keep property? I only ride there once a year but I would hate to think that I couldn't go back.

I would think enough people ride the cove to come up with lease money though. Most people won't care until its gone though.
twentyfootdaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 79316
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyfootdaredevil View Post
Coy, is there anyway to donate to the club to help keep property? I only ride there once a year but I would hate to think that I couldn't go back.

I would think enough people ride the cove to come up with lease money though. Most people won't care until its gone though.
May have to try something
Old 05-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 8108
I'll bite--what do I get for $120 per year? I may never go there, but I would be interested in becoming a lessee. Is there protection for lessees if someone gets hurt? I.e. if some yahoo kills himself is there any liability on the lessees? Who is allowed in to the area to wheel? I have never heard of it.

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 85510
from the last ride at the cove clean up they said it would be insured. Also on a side note this is my favorite place to wheel in TN

www.Dixiecrawlers.com

Last edited by TN-D90; 05-07-2012 at 08:10 PM.
TN-D90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 111822
Here are some pics of the riding area they are talking about.

From what I was told on that ride, you can spend a couple of days in there and without hitting the same trails more or less. You can go back there on something with rocks, full on tube buggy, or a basically stock 4x4 on 31'' to 33"s and have just a much fun. Great mixture of rocks, hills, good trail riding, etc. Can't wait to get back down there sometime. The DamnLocals are good people!

The church

Due to this we didn't get to hit any of the rock trials/rock gardens but it was quite fun anyway!

Last edited by ridered3; 05-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.
ridered3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 111822
link to some videos from down there:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperKod...ature=mhee#g/a
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 111822
More videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/olt214?ob=0
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 79316
Bryant’s Cove
Lease

Our trails have been threatened in the past and some are even gone. We are working on a lease for 7400 Acres in Bryant’s Cove so we have a place to ride. The leasing of this property could even lead to a more permanent solution for our riding future. The lease will consist of 250 lessees at $120 each. It will be an annual lease with a % of your Money back if a portion of property is sold. There will be “hunting” type insurance on the property for the lease holder(s). If those who ride the Cove fail to lease the property, it could easily be leased to a strict “hunting only” club. In this instance we would not be able to continue riding in the area. If you want help with the lease, please call or text (931)235-9917.
We will be having a Meeting for the DamnLocals 4x4 Club, Saturday, May 12th to discuss the lease. Anyone that may have questions on this matter will be welcome to attend. And, if you may be interest in joining a 4x4 Club come check us out. We are always looking for more with same interests.
We will also be discussing other subject at our Meeting like our Memorial Day Bash at the end of the Month and MORE!
The Meeting will be held in the Middle of Tracy City behind the 100 year old Flury’s Grocery Store. Turn on to 12th Street and it is just past the ball field on the right.

Got first half Now got to get started on second half!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
BACKYARD BUILT

Member # 122366
Please post more pics and\or some directions as a reference to where you are.. Could certainly be interested, but I too have never heard of it and don't know where it is.. When I see it's a favorite from a Tenn. boy you have my attention!! I love it down there if it's not too too far from Va. Keep us posted

BACKYARD BUILT
junkrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 111822
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkrunner View Post
Please post more pics and\or some directions as a reference to where you are.. Could certainly be interested, but I too have never heard of it and don't know where it is.. When I see it's a favorite from a Tenn. boy you have my attention!! I love it down there if it's not too too far from Va. Keep us posted
That is all the pictures that I have from this place. Hopefully Clayne and Pumpkin will see this and post up some more.

Anyone have an idea how to attach a word document? I've got a word document that shows the map that this area lies in between but that is all I've got.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 111822
Here is a rough looking picture I had to take off of my computer of the map I had in the word document. Once I find out how to post the actual document I will post it up. This will at least give you an idea of what area they are talking about. More or less the are between the six arrow points is what they are referring to.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
Send a message via MSN to shadetree6969
Its going to have hunting lease type insurance on it. We are not stopping anyone from wheeling there. That is the whole purpose of this lease. To make sure they do not clear cut the whole 7400 acres. And to make sure that a hunting only club does not get it and stop all riding. We are doing what we can to try to keep a little bit of local land from closing down. This is the only way we could come up with the money to keep it open to riding. If we had 30,000 dollars to spare we would have paid it and not had to get these numbers. This is the only way a poor boy can afford to do it. Its all about strength in numbers.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...ing/index.html
http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...ras/index.html
The pictures from these Peterson articles were also taken on the land that is to be leased. Its also what they want to clear cut.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 45977
In the bottom pic, what is that Guy's name standing on the rock pointing? I talk to him every her but I forgot his name. Jamie maybe?

I hate to forget names.
twentyfootdaredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyfootdaredevil View Post
In the bottom pic, what is that Guy's name standing on the rock pointing? I talk to him every her but I forgot his name. Jamie maybe?

I hate to forget names.
That would be me. Benji
Don't feel bad, I meet new people everytime I go down there. And I never remember names.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 111650
That place looks good. Did you say it's invite only?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #18 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
No, people ride there every weekend. That is why we are trying to stop the clear cutting and keep it open to ride. Its easy to get lost, but you can ride down there a 2 days and just about not run the same trails.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 43067
Thumbs up Ding ding ding!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! $120 where do i send it and what paperwork do i need to fill out? Whats the deal?

Everyone chip in!!!!!!!!!!!! This place sounds and looks awesome. Lets keep it all to us wheelers.

$120 is nothing. smokers spend that in a month. drinkers spend it in a week. come on people save a great wheeling spot. chip in!!!!

I am suprised 1 of the really rich guys in our sport didnt just stroke a check for the 30 G's and call it a day. Can the land be bought? 7,400 acres is a awesome chunk of land.

I am in. I can work a few hours of overtime and BAM there is my $120.
HOWEVER, if the ponies are not there in the 1st place,then you'll never have it when you need it. I'd prefer to have it & make an odd mistake here & there,than to not have it & really need it.-Dustin Webster:dustin:

Can anybody really beat Shannon Campbell if his car holds together?-771indy

Last edited by PILLSBURY; 05-10-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling
PILLSBURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
Yes the land can be bought. If it is sold the people will get a prorated refund. Give Shawn (Lurch) a call. He will take care of the rest of the details.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
The retainer fee has been paid. Now just need come up with the rest of the money so Lurch don't have to sale his new buggy or sale a kid to pay the rest. Even if a few people pool money together to pay for one spot. Help us keep this great place open to ride. Donations will be accepted also.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
Still need people

Our trails near Tracy City, TN are being threatened once again. Currently there are 7400 acres of great trails and fun that could be forever lost in Bryant’s Cove. The Damn Locals 4x4 Club is helping raise money for a lease that would keep this land open to anyone and everyone wanting to ride or hunt on this land. The lease could lead to a more permanent solution, but for now we need your help to keep this land available to enjoy. We need at least 250 lessees at $120 each and this is annually until a permanent solution is found. There will be a “hunting” type insurance on the lease for the holders. We are trying to help keep this land from being ruined by loggers or locked up by a hunting club which would permanently end future riding.

Right now we have more than half of the 250 lessees, but we still need more support! With your $120 contribution you can come down and ride whenever you want. We want this property to remain open to EVERYONE for biking, riding, hunting, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to call or text, (931)581-1104 or (931)235-9917. Or visit us at http://www.damnlocals4x4.com/ and leave any questions or comments.

Thank you for your time,
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 85510
I know dixiecrawlers were in

This place is great for everything from 31's to sticky 43's and the locals will go above and beyond for you. Like opening the parts store at 2 am so we could get a fuel pump and get all the rigs out of there.

www.Dixiecrawlers.com
TN-D90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 32538
Seems everyone wants to know how many more are needed. They know we are trying to keep it open for everyone to ride. If we fill it then they dont have to pay. It comes out to be 10$ a month. Guess everyone will learn when it is closed off and no one gets to ride there. This land is the heart of the cove. Without crossing this land you can not go from one end to the other. You will not be able to go in Coalmont and go out through Palmer. You will not be able to go in Jasper/Whitwall and go out Coalmont. This land is the heart of riding the Cove. Pryor Ridge, Peter Cave Cove,Bear Pen, sink holes around the Vine and the AC cave are all in this land. Even the church (or all the property around it)is in this lease. The church owns the acre of land it is on. If this land is closed there will be only one public road to the church. that is coming in from the cemetery. Once you get there you will only be able to go right back out that same road.

Guess everyone wants to ride the few small OHV parks we have around here. Or travel to get to other small OHV parks. Or you can travel to get to RoyalBlue to ride gravel roads. This is about the last large open to the public land we have left.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 169579
what part does this include? the church going up firetower by sherwin williams? to the water fall ive heard? will there be parking for trucks and trailers? this was the first place i ever rode i want to join just trying to figure out what will be closed and so on. ive heard rumors but nothing set in stone
apisonjeepwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote