High Desert Roundup 2012 - Page 3 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #51 (permalink)
CA4WDC for Life

Member # 18970
They may not post much but they are always watchimg the boards.
sandraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #52 (permalink)

Member # 74467
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Fastest lake in the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmejim View Post
You're kidding right?????

Cal 4 bod members don't read/post on Pirate.

ROTFLMAO

jim
No kidding... Pirate is for people who go wheeling.....

Quote:
Clean cars always run better. It's science...
FatCity
hkunz93308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #53 (permalink)

Member # 74467
Location: Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Fastest lake in the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraider View Post
They may not post much but they are always watchimg the boards.
To what end? Why do I never see them on the trails?

We call that "Mall" wheeling.....

Quote:
Clean cars always run better. It's science...
FatCity
hkunz93308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member # 95253
There are members that like to push peoples buttons and there are people who react. If you react to late nothing gets done and you lose a opportunity (HDR). If you react to soon people say you have over reacted. A no win situation. Hind sight is 20/20.
chevyjepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #55 (permalink)

Member # 184095
To help you decide what activity you would like to support on Memorial Day weekend, please read this:
http://cal4wheel.com/documents/hi-de...2012-facts.pdf

The email address for the entire CA4WDC Board of Directors is:
bod@cal4wheel.com

Last edited by crazysuzy; 03-21-2012 at 01:56 PM.
crazysuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #56 (permalink)

Member # 114877
Easy decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysuzy View Post
To help you decide which event you would like to support (the association-sponsored Hi Desert Round-Up or the unofficial event in Stoddard Valley), please read this:
cal4wheel.com/documents/hi-desert-round-up-2012-facts.pdf

bod@cal4wheel.com
I'm a club member FIRST, so I'm supporting my club. Jeez, I hope my club rewrites their bylaws before the dues are due. I'd like to stay with my club, but not be forced to pay Cal4wheel.

jim
justcallmejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 126796
Here is the pdf that Cal4Wheel just released.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #58 (permalink)

Member # 114877
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith7364 View Post
Here is the pdf that North/CentralCal4Wheel just released.

fixed it for you.

according to FB: C4WSD has been informed that no South District Officer was asked to be included in the development of this document. Read at your own risk.

jim
Old 03-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #59 (permalink)

Member # 95253
Looks like a pretty solid document to me.
chevyjepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 126796
Quote:
fixed it for you.

according to FB: C4WSD has been informed that no South District Officer was asked to be included in the development of this document. Read at your own risk.

jim
You can post what you like. Change your own post or do whatever you want to do. But leave mine alone.

That was sent via the Cal4Wheel mailing list and the document is posted on the Cal4Wheel website.

I was just sharing.

The unfortunate part of all of this is that it is probably going to take both sides to resign. Mark Cave and Harry Baker. As there is too much loss of trust from both sides within all regions. Or Cal4Wheel will probably see clubs not renewing.

It is sad as both individuals have done good things. And in the end, we are all weaker due to this.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #61 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbycj5 View Post
talking about funds and fundraising. how much money was raised at koh, for the save jv. is there a number? what amount from gate and how about passing the hat, which i know i was at 3 at koh and even 1 at tds raffle. i wheel at jv quite a bit and try giving what i can to help keep it open. just saying, how much monies have been donated and exactly where do these monies go? all i ever hear is lawyers and lobbyist. pretty broad statement.
AFAIK: Most of the money raised went to CMRC. (Of which Cal4 is a part of)

All of that $$ is going RIGHT to JV. Just take a peek at what Jeff Knoll is doing.

He should have a report on his Washington DC trip this week up anyday.

And yes, we are going to need money for lobbyists.

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Kurtuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #62 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Cal4Wheel will probably see clubs not renewing.

That is my worry.

We NEED Cal4 more than ever, and Cal4 needs a larger membership to give the organization more voice.

Yeah, I can't stand the politics and infighting, and I don't agree with everything they do... but I don't agree with everything my wife does also. That does not mean I am going to kick her to the curb.

Stew on that before you jump ship.

Our partners: Falken Tire, Vegas 4x4, CRAWL Magazine, Reid Racing, Metal Cloak, MJ Motorsports, Jessie Haines Fabrication, SFS Industries, Susanville Transmission, Pacific Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Outlaw Grafix, The Kyburz Krawlerz, and Keith's credit card.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #63 (permalink)

Member # 106179
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysuzy View Post
To help you decide what activity you would like to support on Memorial Day weekend, please read this:

bod@cal4wheel.com
Thanks for posting and letting every one know the truth of what happened. Now maybe some of the haters will get on board to work with the organization.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #64 (permalink)

Member # 214444
The BOD can't seem to get along with each other, they trid kicking one out to the curb. When one dist is excluded from what the rest is doing, those members in the dist have no say on anything. No consideration is given to the membership or what they want.

If the ship can't be fixed, the passengers need to change ships.
perrisjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #65 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188

OMG. I just read the document.

So THAT'S whats got everyone pissed?

Did any of you guys watch The Real Orange County Housewives last week?

Viki was going to throw a huge party at a Restaurant, and Tamra said she was going to make the reservation.

Tamra said the party was all set when they were at Heather's house for a get together, but she forgot to make the reservations becuase she was slammed with other shit. When she figured that out she didn't make the reservations on time, she went to cancel that party and planned another one with some other housewives at a different spot.

Viki and all the OC housewives got all pissed off and sent off an e-mail to all the party goers explaining what happened becuase they thought Tamra did it on purpose. Tamra's clique got all pissed off that they were not included in creating the e-mail, and vowed to not hang out with Viki and her friends. They even de-friended them on Facebook.

At the end of the episode though, Viki ended up getting reservations at the original spot anyway because the Housewives eat there all the time. Since everything was fixed, they all showed up at the party and everything was fine. (Until the next episode when the Housewives found out Heather talked to Lauri and they got pissed off becuase they don't like Lauri.)

We should film all this stuff and make a show to generate $$ for land-use!

Last edited by Kurtuleas; 03-22-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #66 (permalink)
CA4WDC for Life

Member # 18970
I too am tried of this petty bickering and constant bulshit. But when you have been a member of CA4WDC for over 30 years like I have and you have watched someone inside that organization continue to work agianst the association sometimes you must stop watching and act . That is what the CA4WDC BOD has done. This action was not agianst the clubs in the South District it was about a few people who continue to lie, spread rumors and not act in the best interests of the association they represent.
sandraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #67 (permalink)

Member # 127276
Quote:
You're kidding right?????

Cal 4 bod members don't read/post on Pirate.

ROTFLMAO

jim
There has been 3 BOD members posting in this thread.

[QUOTE=randii;10095565] "gayly-painted and -stickered transports for bikini babes." :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]
1lilrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #68 (permalink)

Member # 127276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post

Viki was going to throw a huge party at a Restaurant, and Tamra said she was going to make the reservation.

Tamra said the party was all set when they were at Heather's house for a get together, but she forgot to make the reservations becuase she was slammed with other shit. When she figured that out she didn't make the reservations on time, she went to cancel that party and planned another one with some other housewives at a different spot.

Viki and all the OC housewives got all pissed off and sent off an e-mail to all the party goers explaining what happened becuase they thought Tamra did it on purpose. Tamra's clique got all pissed off that they were not included in creating the e-mail, and vowed to not hang out with Viki and her friends. They even de-friended them on Facebook.

At the end of the episode though, Viki ended up getting reservations at the original spot anyway because the Housewives eat there all the time. Since everything was fixed, they all showed up at the party and everything was fine. (Until the next episode when the Housewives found out Heather talked to Lauri and they got pissed off becuase they don't like Lauri.)

In a nutshell......... Yes, we could raise a lot of money if this was a reality TV show. I like the idea. Thank you for voluntering to do this.

[QUOTE=randii;10095565] "gayly-painted and -stickered transports for bikini babes." :flipoff2:[/QUOTE]
1lilrasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #69 (permalink)

Member # 110335
Quote:
Here is the pdf that Cal4Wheel just released.

Nice fiction, or should I say revisionist history........ Bye Bye c4wd. I will give my $$$ and time to CORVA, FOJV.
thubub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #70 (permalink)

Member # 114877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtuleas View Post

OMG

This is so funny, I gotta start watching more TV.

jim
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #71 (permalink)

Member # 114877
Quote:
Originally Posted by thubub View Post
Nice fiction, or should I say revisionist history........ Bye Bye c4wd. I will give my $$$ and time to CORVA, FOJV.
Where's the LIKE button?

Thanks for pointing out that there are more options than North/CentralCA$WDC.

(pun intended)

jim

Last edited by justcallmejim; 03-22-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #72 (permalink)
OTR

Member # 20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by thubub View Post
I support both CORVA and FOJV, so no argument from me there. Good groups, as are others.

But if the pdf isnt correct, enlighten us. I'm always open to hearing both sides of the story and Im sure others here are as well.

Got info ?

k.

Ultra4 Stock Class #4643 - Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing

"There's the troublemaker" - Craig Beck, BLM Ridgecrest Field Office

OTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #73 (permalink)
Team 4554

Member # 23188
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lilrasz View Post
In a nutshell......... Yes, we could raise a lot of money if this was a reality TV show. I like the idea. Thank you for voluntering to do this.
It's AWN!

Quote:
Where's the LIKE button?

Thanks for pointing out that there are more options than North/CentralCA$WDC.

(pun intended)

jim
Huh? I don't understand your reasoning.

Seems to me from reading this that if you should be pissed off at anyone, it should be Harry for forgetting to get the permit. Isn't he a South District guy?

Even so, you can't be TOO pissed off at the guy. From what I have seen, he has a lot on his plate, and well.... quite frankly, he's like hella old. (Just kidding. I forget shit too)

Whatever... things are fixed now. Everyone needs to just relax and not Orange County Housewives everything.

In the immortal words of Rodney King:

Old 03-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #74 (permalink)

Member # 114877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraider View Post
I too am tried of this petty bickering and constant bulshit. But when you have been a member of CA4WDC for over 30 years like I have and you have watched someone inside that organization continue to work agianst the association sometimes you must stop watching and act . That is what the CA4WDC BOD has done. This action was not agianst the clubs in the South District it was about a few people who continue to lie, spread rumors and not act in the best interests of the association they represent.
Does your 30 years include the time that you walked away from being President?????????

jim
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #75 (permalink)

Member # 184265
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR View Post
I support both CORVA and FOJV, so no argument from me there. Good groups, as are others.

But if the pdf isnt correct, enlighten us. I'm always open to hearing both sides of the story and Im sure others here are as well.

Got info ?

k.
Could not agree more K.

Last edited by MikeOTR; 03-22-2012 at 06:23 PM.
MikeOTR is offline   Reply With Quote