Big bear bronco bash xi (bbbbxi) - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 119544
Big bear bronco bash xi (bbbbxi)

Folks,

I’ve created the data base for the Big Bear Bronco Bash (BBBB). You can find the data base here http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rtRows&tbl=184 . If your a member of the online group you can enter your info there. Sign up is NOT mandatory. As you may or may not know Dusty and Steffie will not be attending this year due to family commitments out of their control. A couple weeks ago I approached Dusty and offered to assume the duties and responsibilities of the bash. Seeing how he will be out of pocket this year we thought that it would be a good time to give someone else the reigns and see how it turns out.
With that being said, we will continue to headquarter the bash out of the Golden Bear cottages area. We will also continue to have a Friday night potluck, with a change in the theme from Mexican potluck to whatever potluck. Bring whatever kind of food you enjoy sharing with others the most. I will be asking for run leaders and posting up a list of runs once we have them established. If I don’t receive enough volunteers for run leaders to cover a diversity of trails you will be on your own. There will be signup sheets located at the HQ for run leaders to review and adjust the total number of rigs going on the run. Please keep in mind that groups may have to be broken up in order to accommodate a large number of rigs. The goal is to keep the number of rigs on a run to between 10 and 15. There may be exceptions made due to unforeseen restrictions. I will attempt to coordinate with members of the group who are familiar with the Big Bear (BB) area to arrange any “special” runs. Please keep in mind that runs leave at specific times in order to return to HQ at reasonable times. If you do not wish to be held to these constraints then don’t sign up. Please don’t ask if I can change the departure time, get with the run leader and do so.
As always there are accommodations at the Golden Bear (GB) cottages and the Grey squirrel cottages located across the street from the headquarters. Please keep in mind that space is limited and there are several other events going on in BB the same weekend. So please make your reservations as soon as possible in order to secure a place to stay. There is a map of what is available at the GB posted in the files data base located here http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AONUTzu...bearBBBBXI.bmp .
There are other accommodations in the BB area, please keep in mind that you will not be in the immediate area of the HQ.
Now that I’ve finished with all the boring information, let’s talk about potential excitement. It’s very short notice, but I’m attempting to organize a raffle for this year’s bash. Due to the short time frame we may or may not be able to get services or parts from vendors. Jeff (12-pack) is going to set up a webpage for the BBBB which we will post vendor names on who have donated parts or services. As we get names we will keep this page updated. As soon as I have an address for the page I’ll post it up. All proceeds from the raffle will go to back to our community in some form or another. We may introduce a vote for the raffle participants to choose which entity they would like to see the money go towards. In addition to this we will also have T-Shirts for this year’s bash. All profits from the T-Shirt sales will be used to give back to our community. Shannon and I are also discussing of the possibility of giving back to the military somehow. I will keep you posted as things develop.
This is all the information I have in regards to BBBB XI at this time. As things begin to filter in I’ll keep you posted on So Cal Broncos yahoo group, Pirate 4x4, and Classic Broncos.com. If there is a particular website you would like to pass this information along to, please do so. Please tell your friends about it, I look forward to seeing all of the usual suspects and any new ones that may come along. This is a Bronco event but rigs of all makes and models are encouraged to come along. The end result being a great weekend of wheeling, telling lies, building friendships and raising money for our off-road community.

More info will come once we get the website up and running.

If you have any direct questions please pm me at bigbearbroncobash@gmail.com
302 .30 over, Bilstien 5150's, D20 Xfer case, esploder serp setup, AOD trans, 4:11's, D44 Aussie locker, Ford 9" detroit locker 31 spline, mostly blue oval nothing special goes where I point
So Cal Broncos

Last edited by 76EBHorse; 03-08-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: update
76EBHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16698
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76EBHorse View Post
Folks,

Iíve created the data base for the Big Bear Bronco Bash (BBBB). You can find the data base here http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rtRows&tbl=184 . ]
I dont know what the heck that link does for me, but I cant see or find or get any info at all about anything on there?

It says I have to email yahoo to ask to be added to a group preference or something like that?

when you have more info, like when, where, and a web page setup, let me know. I might be interested in donating and having Yukon gear and axle also donating.

Robert
RWK Haus Supply
robert@rwkhaussupply.com
lookin4fun_inca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 119544
If your interseted in donating for the raffle I have some correspondance with some more information I can send to you. Either pm me or email me at one of the email address below.

daniel.i.duncan81@gmail.com
bigbearbroncobash@gmail.com
302 .30 over, Bilstien 5150's, D20 Xfer case, esploder serp setup, AOD trans, 4:11's, D44 Aussie locker, Ford 9" detroit locker 31 spline, mostly blue oval nothing special goes where I point
So Cal Broncos
Old 03-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 119544
Yeah so I guess it would help if I put when and where huh

Big Bear, CA June 7th-10th
HQ Golden Bear Cottages.
So Cal Broncos
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 119544
You may visit www.socalbroncos.org (or www.bigbearbroncobash.com which goes to the same place) There is currently only a placeholder until the new site is live in a few weeks.
So Cal Broncos