Harry Baker Resigns - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southern California
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 141804
Harry Baker Resigns

April 30
Harry Baker resigns as South District VP
Written by CA4WDC Board of Directors.

The CA4WDC Board of Directors regretfully announces that South District Vice President Harry Baker has tendered his resignation effective April 29, 2012 at 11:59 pm.

The board would like to thank Harry for his decades of service and wishes him well in his future endeavors.

A special election for the South District Vice President will be held at the next South District meeting on July 28, 2012.
iparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 55622
The rest of the South District board has resigned also.

Todd

Access Army Air Warrior
Sponsored by:
[URL="http://www.raceline.com"]Raceline Wheels[/URL],
[URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]http://www.currieenterprises.com/[/URL]
BFG, ARB, Advance Adapters, Hi Lift Jack, Rocky Trail Outfitters, Camel4x4.
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Yup, and Cal4Wheel as a whole has some serious organizational problems. IMO it's a shit filled commode that's long over due for a flushing.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
HOG JOCKEY

Member # 54114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
Yup, and Cal4Wheel as a whole has some serious organizational problems. IMO it's a shit filled commode that's long over due for a flushing.
sorry to say, but you may be right. the sad part is, that these are probably all hard working individuals that have donated a lot of time and energies for the better of all us wheelers. some where along the way a lot of egos, politics and power created a problem within the organization that will probably be the downfall. sadly....we all lose! i had already chosen to not renew my membership several months ago. yet i get no satisfaction at all with this turmoil.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Non-Lemming

Member # 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbycj5 View Post
sorry to say, but you may be right. the sad part is, that these are probably all hard working individuals that have donated a lot of time and energies for the better of all us wheelers. some where along the way a lot of egos, politics and power created a problem within the organization that will probably be the downfall. sadly....we all lose! i had already chosen to not renew my membership several months ago. yet i get no satisfaction at all with this turmoil.
I would have dropped my membership in Cal4Wheel a couple of years ago if it wasn't a requirement of being in the club I am a member of.
I've been finding myself becoming more and more disenchanted with what Cal4Wheel has been doing for quite a while now.
SanDiegoCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 126796
Gary, they are looking for a new membership person. Be part of the solution and lets put this problem behind us.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 126796
Now there have been issues for a while, but the one main issue that I believe has made it all worse is that nobody is communicating. Not Cal4Wheel, not the Southern District, nobody.

I have read a bunch of emails this week and spoke to a several Cal4Wheel board members. Since nobody has offered proof of anything from either side, it all falls to standing behind your friends. Sometimes friends get emotion and/or personal as well.

We need to get Cal4Wheel past this. Every organization has these type of problems, so get them out in the open and lets deal with them and move on. We can't dwell and hold on to them forever. No more clandestine deals, and if you don't have proof or weren't present, be careful what and who you believe. You might just be wrong.

Last edited by jsmith7364; 05-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.
jsmith7364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 55622
Now that there is no leadership in the South District at this time, it is time for other to step up and offer their help to lead the South and Cal4 in the right direction that is needed to move forward.

It was said above that emotions and egos get in the way at times. It is time to put those aside and lead the organization for the next 50 years.

I am sure some new and strong leaders from the south will step forward to help lead the organization forward.

Sometimes the good-ol-boy network needs to get dumped in the trash can, and run the organization like a business.

Todd

Access Army Air Warrior
Sponsored by:
[URL="http://www.raceline.com"]Raceline Wheels[/URL],
[URL="http://www.currieenterprises.com/"]http://www.currieenterprises.com/[/URL]
BFG, ARB, Advance Adapters, Hi Lift Jack, Rocky Trail Outfitters, Camel4x4.
navy-jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 126796
I know of two people that will be stepping up. With a little help and hope, things can start to turn around and get back to the business of saving our sport.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 110335
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoCJ View Post
So when is the head turd getting flushed????
thubub is offline   Reply With Quote