Pirate 4x4 banner

Night run at the Hammers in July also

6K views 75 replies 22 participants last post by  Easy Rick 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 ·
I live in Australia and will be in the US for a month around this time and was wondering how far is the Hammers from Orange County CA as we will be based there around that time.
I would love to see the HAMMERS as I here it is a good spot to wheel.
We are also going to Cortez for the XRRA on the 4th of August is this just a one day event or do they run over the week end.

Garth

#14 ·
Just copied their first post, just incase it...

"CHASE THE MOON"
Alright, its getting to that time of the year where some of us run out to the Hammers and wheel all night long. The weekend of the 28th and 29th of July has a full moon, and its nice because it lights up the valley all night long. Well most of the night. Anyway we will go out Saturday late afternoon, meet up and pick a trail or split up and do different trails or do what ever we want. Load up when we get back, and leave or catch a nap then leave. When the sun starts coming up,so does the temperature. Thats when its nice to have an R.V. And we do wheel all night long, ask Rockhound. He thought it was a figure of speech.

So if anyone is down for coming out and hit it with us, post up. Yah its hot in the day time, but the night wheeling is worth it.
Its some Good Times

We also try and go on a full moon weekend in August too if there are some that want to go...
Could be fun...
We did a couple of nights worth a few weeks ago out there...good stuff

Here's a link to see what the temps have been...Recrded By The Hour.... Means Lake

#24 ·
1st Dust Motorsports and the Dust Junkies crew will be out pre running for the Aug 11th MDR night race in Lucurne Keep an eye out on your trip over to Wrecking ball for pre runners I suspect that there may be a few of us out there pre running Sat night/Sunday morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.