Looking for an open seat - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southern California
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
Looking for an open seat

Quote:
Avid wheeler coming to CA for the summer. I scored an internship in Torrance for 12 weeks. I leave next week and Im getting pumped as I really needed a change. I'm wondering what to expect, whats the area like? But what I'm really wondering is, if any wheelers have an empty seat on a run out your way?
/forum/general-chit-chat/682021-east-west-coast.html

Last edited by mkmarz; 05-18-2008 at 12:05 PM.
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God
 
caseyray63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Member # 109963
Location: Between here and there
Posts: 1,138
dam no replys yet, I have to work next weekend or I'd hook ya up
caseyray63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
its cool im here for a few months so I can catch ya whenever your available.
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Member # 67882
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,439
what part of cal you in?
__________________
120 fabrication
Two fj40s on 60s
fj40forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40forlife View Post
what part of cal you in?
Torrance, but I wouldnt mind a drive to catch a run.
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Devil Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Member # 11922
Location: Wildomar, CA
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via MSN to Devil Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Devil Dog
how long you out here for.. my wife doesnt dig going out in the heat.. so i would have a seat open when i go again.. just not sure when that would be.. have duty next weekend.. and i am going to san fran the weekend after..
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Front Toward Enemy[/B][/COLOR]

'09, '11, '13 and 2014 King of the Hammers

[B][I]BUCK[/I] Wild Racing[/B]
Team 911

[B]Degenerate[/B]
Team 488

[B]O.G. "Wreckin' Crew"[/B]
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
ill be here until aug or so. If it doesnt work out thanks for the offer anyways.
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheeler
 
93EddieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Member # 19822
Location: Westminster, Ca
Posts: 219
watch the johnson valley section for night runs during the summer. also the trail-gear and marlin boards for night runs in johnson valley. the rock brawlers usually post night runs on all 3 boards.....night runs usually consist of getting to the lakebed around 8pm and wheeling until morning, then going home

my rig is in pieces right now but i might make some july night runs.
93EddieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
big ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71495
Location: Rancho Cucamonga,ca.
Posts: 1,632
just may have a open seat the 31st for the hammers, how much money you got
big ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member # 22436
Location: baldwin lake, CA
Posts: 221
mkmarz, im goin to johnson valley 12 miles from hammers. crowbar, shaft, and riffel canyon are where i will be. leaving fri. morning. your 30 - 40 minutes north of me if your interested.
thebeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
big ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Member # 71495
Location: Rancho Cucamonga,ca.
Posts: 1,632
man, you just may make out here some of the best wheeling in socal.

Last edited by big ron; 05-19-2008 at 06:28 PM.
big ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeeter View Post
mkmarz, im goin to johnson valley 12 miles from hammers. crowbar, shaft, and riffel canyon are where i will be. leaving fri. morning. your 30 - 40 minutes north of me if your interested.
Damn nice offer, but I only have weekends off. thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EddieB View Post
watch the johnson valley section for night runs during the summer. also the trail-gear and marlin boards for night runs in johnson valley. the rock brawlers usually post night runs on all 3 boards.....night runs usually consist of getting to the lakebed around 8pm and wheeling until morning, then going home

my rig is in pieces right now but i might make some july night runs.
I'll be sure to check that out

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ron View Post
just may have a open seat the 31st for the hammers, how much money you got

Im down, Im a broken intern but I can help pay for gas.
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
EarlKann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Member # 20739
Location: Riverside, Ca
Posts: 3,749
Send a message via AIM to EarlKann
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93EddieB View Post
watch the johnson valley section for night runs during the summer. also the trail-gear and marlin boards for night runs in johnson valley. the rock brawlers usually post night runs on all 3 boards.....night runs usually consist of getting to the lakebed around 8pm and wheeling until morning, then going home

my rig is in pieces right now but i might make some july night runs.
It seems the Rock Brawlers can't decide between the 24th and 31st of this month. Nothing firm yet. There is a Rock Brawler board now that you can also watch for info on night runs.

http://www.rockbrawlers.com
__________________
.

.
Shameless Plug: I am a Realtor in SoCal, Inland Empire. My wife is a mortgage loan officer. PM me for info.
EarlKann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 107838
Location: ridgecrest, ca
Posts: 118
I'll have a seat whenever I go again. If your willing to come to Ridgecrest, I can show you some cool shiz. Otherwise, I'll be at the hammers sometime soon. A large group of friends are hitting the rubicon early July, but thats gonna last a week maybe more if your able to take off work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
how long you out here for.. my wife doesnt dig going out in the heat.. so i would have a seat open when i go again.. just not sure when that would be.. have duty next weekend.. and i am going to san fran the weekend after..
Damn Pat, how the hell am I going to get to wheel with you again that way???

Last edited by nuggett; 05-21-2008 at 02:57 PM.
nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggett View Post
I'll have a seat whenever I go again. If your willing to come to Ridgecrest, I can show you some cool shiz. Otherwise, I'll be at the hammers sometime soon. A large group of friends are hitting the rubicon early July, but thats gonna last a week maybe more if your able to take off work
Great offer, but I cant ditch work as I just started. I'm down for meeting you at ridgecrest sometime. When are you free? Weekends?
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 107838
Location: ridgecrest, ca
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmarz View Post
Great offer, but I cant ditch work as I just started. I'm down for meeting you at ridgecrest sometime. When are you free? Weekends?
yeah weekends generally. I'm probably not going to go for awhile (2 or so weeks is awhile for me), but yeah man I'll PM ya whenever I do go
nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Devil Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Member # 11922
Location: Wildomar, CA
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via MSN to Devil Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Devil Dog
man.. you can't listen to nuggett.. he never has an open seat.. too much of his shit is tossed in there...

well doesnt look like i am going to frisco... but not sure what i will get done this weekend.. so it still might be a few weeks before i go..

have the 231 torn apart.. need to make the adapter plate this weekend.. and see what i need to do to the main shaft... and remount my battery.. make new driveshafts.. yada yada yada...
__________________
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Front Toward Enemy[/B][/COLOR]

'09, '11, '13 and 2014 King of the Hammers

[B][I]BUCK[/I] Wild Racing[/B]
Team 911

[B]Degenerate[/B]
Team 488

[B]O.G. "Wreckin' Crew"[/B]

Last edited by Devil Dog; 05-22-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Devil Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 107838
Location: ridgecrest, ca
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dog View Post
man.. you can't listen to nuggett.. he never has an open seat.. too much of his shit is tossed in there...

well doesnt look like i am going to frisco... but not sure what i will get done this weekend.. so it still might be a few weeks before i go..

have the 231 torn apart.. need to make the adapter plate this weekend.. and see what i need to do to the main shaft... and remount my battery.. make new driveshafts.. yada yada yada...
Hey now, its a small truck, and yes its cramed with a lot of "drivers" fluid, but I think I can cram one regular sized person in it. Throw in a whole jug of wild turkey and I'm sure you'd be all over it Especially since your jeep will be broke on the trail

Let me know when your plans man. I should probably just call you...but that would be the smart thing to do. I am pretty friggin busy with the rubicon, cedar city, farmington cleanup, and all that shit, but I'll have a few weekends free the next few months.

Last edited by nuggett; 05-23-2008 at 07:50 AM.
nuggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered User
 
mkmarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Member # 25083
Location: San Pedro CA (formally MA)
Posts: 811
bump
mkmarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice
 
TruckTrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Member # 12647
Location: Covina, CA
Posts: 3,294
Send a message via MSN to TruckTrader
I usually fly solo when I head out. In fact, that weekend of 5/31 with beeter I had an open seat. I will keep you in mind when we get another trip scheduled. You can check our board for upcoming runs and introduce yourself if you like http://www.spinninfours.com/forums/index.php
__________________
Suzuki Samurai Twin Sticks http://www.zukeviltwin.com/

Formula Toyota #034
TruckTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.