Moab July mid-week...any wheeling going on? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 33468
Moab July mid-week...any wheeling going on?

Hello - I Have never been to Moab, but will have an opportunity to visit there on a Wednesday and a Thursday in July. I will only have a stock grand cherokee available to drive.

I was wondering if there are trails or bypasses the cherokee could travel to get to some of the well-known obstacles to watch people try to wheel on them (potato salad hill,,etc.). Also, if I can get to some interesting obstacles, what is the chance that people will be there wheeling mid-week in July?

Any other suggestions on what I should do or see while in the Moab area? Will have family in tow.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 30134
Honestly, I would shoot for something farther north. Moab is super hot in July!
azyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 33468
Yeah, good point. Maybe I'll save a Moab visit for sometime later in life...especially if I'm able to bring a rig. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 44259
cherokee has air conditioning doesn,t it? go out early in the morning, and lay around the hotel and or pool in the afternoon! to answer your ? on potatoe salad hill, you can drive the family car to it! there,s lots and lots of places you can take a stock rig in the moab area.bring a camera and lots of water to drink and have a really great time!!!!
rickr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 17680
potato salad hill is just a cruise down the road to the moab dump, but i have heard its closed????? you could prolly run the golden spike trail in your jeep stock, i ran it in my stock 2000 chevy shortbed a few years ago when i went for the first time...that will get you to the golden crack and a few other obstacles. i had to put my spare tire in the crack to be able to make it across, but the rest of the trail was pretty easy. i started at poison spider mesa trail and came out on gemini bridges road. it took us about 6hours to run it(@32 miles)...another easy one to do in you chereokee would be hell's revenge. there are bypasses around almost everything if i remember correctly, and it is not a hardcore trail at all, except for the optional obstacles such as escalator and the hot tubs

Link to my M38 build: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...ght=willys+m38
WildWilly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote