|03-05-2009, 09:31 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2001
Member # 6363
Location: Surprise AZ, Prudhoe Bay AK,
didnt see this anywhere on this board, thought id pass it along
AzRocks 2009 at Table Mesa
March 27th & 28th 2009
1. AzRocks - We're taking our 4Wheeling get together to the Table Mesa area off of Interstate 17 between New River and Black Canyon. Those that choose to camp can follow the directions / GPS coordinates below. The road is 2WD and motorhome accessible. No reservation or permit is required for dispersed camping on BLM land. Again this year we’ll keep it pretty basic. If you want to come and wheel with us, we’ll ask you to sign a waiver, and ask you to put a sticker on your rig to show the waiver was signed. We also ask that you haul out any and all trash you create. Clean your campsite and the trails you run! Make sure any fire pits are out before leaving your camp.
From the Phoenix Area - Drive north on I17 to Exit 236, Table Mesa Road. This is about 23 miles north of Loop 101 & I17. From the exit, turn left, cross the overpass and take the first right. Reset Odometer. Continue on the main road approximately 2.6 miles. Take the first left turn after passing under the high power lines. Continue on this road for about 1 mile and watch for a large flat area on the right. (Anthem is last chance for Fuel & Supplies - Walmart, Safeway, Discount Tire, Pizza, etc. at Exit 229 - which is about 10 miles from camp)
From Flagstaff - Drive approx. 100 miles south of I40 & I17 intersection to Exit 236, Table Mesa Road. From the exit, turn left before crossing the overpass. Reset Odometer. Continue on the main road approximately 2.6 miles. Take the first left turn after passing under the high power lines. Continue on this road for about 1 mile and watch for a large flat area on the right. (Black Canyon is last chance for Fuel & Ice - Coming from the north, you'd take Exit #244 and the offramp turns into Old Black Canyon Hwy, follow that south into town and the Shell is on the right side of the street)
Coordinates: N34 0.2525, W112 9.6706
Mountain Breeze Motel
34500 S. Old Black Canyon Hwy, Black Cyn City, Az
623-374-5361 (8 miles away)
42415 N. 41st Dr Anthem, Az 85086
623-465-7979 (10 miles away)
(Anthem will have the most choices)
2. Trail Runs – You can line up for the trails runs following the directions / GPS coordinates above. Be at the site before 8:30am. The runs will be organized with signs and staggered leave times to avoid the cluster. The signs will show the trail, what time it leaves, and what CB channel to use. Once lined up for your run, an inspection will be made to verify that the waiver was signed and you have the necessary equipment for the trail you want to run. Runs will be limited to max 10 vehicles including leader and gunner. Make sure you get a window sticker when you sign a liability waiver.
In general, this will outline the equipment needed:
No pre-registration, signups, or fees are required. This is a free get together.
Trails - We need volunteers to lead trails Friday and Saturday. Ideally we would like to have Easy and Medium trails and try to have each driver be able to run 1 trail each day, this obviously depends upon the trail, timing, problems, etc.
The list of trails and their rankings are still being developed. If you are interested in leading a trail, please let us know what trail and which day. If you haven’t run a particular trail before but are willing to lead, we will pre-run that trail with you before the event. Just PM me and we’ll work out the details.
Keep in mind this trail list is subject to change!
Friday March 27th
Lower & Upper Terminator -- Steve "tufftoy'
Joe's Ridge -- TBD
Crown King -- (Highway travel required) TBob (tenative)
Black Canyon West & East -- (Highway travel required) JJackson (tenative)
Saturday March 28th
Desoto Mine -- (Highway travel required) 007max(tenative)
Lower & Upper Terminator -- Rob "Hotwheels"
Turkey Creek -- (Highway travel required) Symon623 / Rick "BOVADS"
Tip Top Mine & Black Canyon West -- Steve "talanor" (Highway travel required)
Seven Springs/Sheeps Bridge/Agua Fria Monument -- (Highway travel required) Jamie "JJackson" (tenative) / Steve "tufftoy"
Stealth4x4 has offered to be a backup trail leader for any scheduled run depending on work schedules.
NO NIGHT RUNS ARE ORGANIZED BY AzTTORA – THESE ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
4. Firewood - Firewood for the Friday & Saturday night bonfire will be hauled to the site by Azrain again this year. Plan on joining us around the fire. Each person will be responsible for bringing firewood for other nights they are camping. Please do not bring pallets due to the nails.
5. Porta-Johns and RTI Ramp
We’ll provide porta-johns as usual. AZRockToy has volunteered to haul the Porta-Johns for us! Please thank him when you see him at camp.
The folks at 4Wheelers Supply on Washington always let us use their RTI Ramp. 4xChef has volunteered to bring out the ramp!
6. T-Shirts – Again this year we will be offering event T-Shirts and Club T-Shirts. http://azttora.com/azrocks09/tshirts.html
AzRocks Volunteers - If I promised event t-shirts for helping us, please order through PayPal so I don't screw up your order, then I'll tell paypal to refund your money. Thanks.
7. Drinking on Trails - Please review our policy here:
In short, this behavior will not be tolerated. We all will be enforcing a ZERO TOLERANCE Policy regarding drinking on the trails. NO EXCEPTIONS!
8. Hardcore / SAS only trail runs - For 2009 NO TTORA HARDCORE RUNS WILL BE OFFICALLY PLANNED BY AZTTORA OR POSTED WITH OTHER AZROCKS INFORMATION. Regular posters on this site are welcome to plan runs just as they have for years. Whoever plans those runs sets the rules for that run. Those runs are not AzTTORA or TTORA runs, and this chapter and TTORA take no responsibility for your voluntary participation in those runs. That being said, this is Table Mesa, Get Some! - Rocks & Raisins!