Going to Moab May 2, 3 & 4 lup to run withoking for gro - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
2JK

Member # 104351
Going to Moab May 2, 3 & 4 lup to run withoking for gro

This will be my first attempt at the trails in Moab. I'm a very experienced desert rat, but still discovering the rocks. I have an '05 Rubicon with 35" Radial Baja Claws and a 6" RE extreme long arm with tri-link rear; 4.88's; winch and full skids. I've run the "hard" trails in Las Cruces and the Tobasco Twister this year in the Chile Challenge. That said, I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for Prichett Canyon or Helldorado, but I'm thinking maybe Hell's Revenge or similar trails. I'm looking for experienced wheelers to run with and suggestions on the trails to run. So far I've only had minor carnage to my Jeep, so I must not be too bad, but I know better than to wander out on unfamiliar trails alone.

I'll appreciate suggestions and company on the trails.

JK
2JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 107862
if you have ran tabasco you shouldnt have a prob with prichett
Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
2JK

Member # 104351
Thanks RedTruggy, I'm way in the dark on this venture. I appreciate the help. Wish me luck. By the way I noticed the "spell check" comment in your signature. Check out how the thread title came out.

JK
2JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 131195
Sounds like fun hells revenge is another fun trail to run if you go up through farmington let us know there is some good wheeling here also.
coop69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
2JK

Member # 104351
Thanks coop69. I am interested in Farmington as well. Probably not on this trip since my wife and I are meeting one of my old college buddies and his wife in Moab. This will be a quick trip up and back, but I am going through Farmington! I'll pm you with my contact information. I do want to do a weekend this summer there at Farmington since its not too big a run from here. Plus, there are some 24" plus Rainbows in the San Juan waiting to see my fly. And then there's Pinon Hills golf course. Hell, I may just retire and move there!

JK
Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 96904
We are coming into Moab on the 2nd and staying that week. We will be running hard and harder trails all week. Just two jeeps at this point but hopefully more will come along. If you are interested in running with us send me a pm and we will meet up.
jpgrocery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 96904
oh crap you posted last year!!! I did a search for Moab looking for info and found the post sorry.
jpgrocery is offline   Reply With Quote