|11-06-2011, 07:44 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 85813
1975 Chevy 1/2 Ton
This truck is currently in North Vancouver, British Columbia. Will be here with me for another week or so, then I am taking it back home (Port Angeles, Wa) and parking it for the winter. If interested in detailed pictures, I have a PDF of 40+pics to share.
Beautiful Half Ton 1975 Chevy 4x4 – Asking $6000
I purchased the truck in the spring of 2001 as a baby blue step-side. The truck had ~13,000 mi on the odometer and the engine was rebuilt @ 8,000 mi. As the truck sits today, the odometer reads 35,400 and I am daily driving it. The truck was stripped down in the spring of 2002 for a “restoration”. A breakdown of the body work:
· The step-side bed was replaced with a rust free unit from an ’84 GMC I believe (I still have the step side bed if interested).
· Fenders & inner fender wells replaced with new GM units
· Doors replaced with new aftermarket units
· Cab corners, rockers, inner rockers, floor pans, & floor supports replaced on both passenger & driver side
· Exterior of the frame was sprayed with POR 15 & then a couple coats of single stage black paint
· Inner fender wells, wheel wells, & steel under the cab was coated with professional brush-on undercoating. All seams were sealed under the cab before undercoating.
· Floor was covered with spray-on bedliner
· All exterior panels primed & block sanded, the cab twice & bed 3 times
· Vehicle was painted with PPG base & clearcoat
· Interior of cab & engine compartment painted to match exterior
· Custom interior
o Grey house carpet laid in the cab matches finish color beautifully
o All vinyl properly prepped with MEK & sprayed with SEM vinyl paint to a light grey
o Door panels covered in grey vinyl
o Bench seat reconditioned & covered in black vinyl
The notable flaws with the body are as follows:
· Some kids hit the truck with some sling-shot balls as I was driving down the street one night. Two small dents and chipped paint directly below the driver door handle.
· I was a bit anxious to drive the truck before it was fully complete and the hood lock wasn’t installed. Hood flipped up & the back points of the hood have some chipped paint. These areas were brushed over with the base coat. Brand new GM hood springs were purchased & painted to replace the sprung springs.
· I never got around to coating the inside of the bed.
· The cheap chrome grill is beginning to show rust where the bars were welded to the supports.
· Some scratches along the top of the bed rails, would be covered up with a bed liner if bed was sprayed.
The engine is a 350 bored 0.030” over. It has an RV cam and has Chevy Double Hump heads on it. Edlebrock intake & carburetor. It uses/drips a quart of oil/month since I have begun driving the truck again. The exhaust is headers into 2.5” pipes with flowmasters dumping right underneath the back of the cab. The motor is mated to an SM465 4-speed. A new clutch was installed in 2002 before the truck was stripped down. The axles are the stock 1/2 ton axles with 3.73 gears.
The truck rides on 8” front lift springs & 4” springs +4” blocks in the rear. To be frank, the truck rides like a covered wagon. The tires are 37x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR’s with about 50% treadlife remaining. They are mounted on 15x10 Aluminum American Racing wheels.
As stated above, I am daily driving the truck at the moment. It was in storage, only being driven a couple hundred miles a year for 7 years until about 3 months ago. This has allowed me to find some of the trucks flaws and as a seller, I feel full disclosure is the only way to go. So, a list of “I would do’s” is as follows;
· The carburetor needs a rebuild – the engine diesels once in a while upon shut-off
· Valve cover gaskets & oil pan gasket
· Power steering pump appears to be a little drippy
· A brake job
· There is a parasitic draw in the electrical system. I combat this by unhooking the battery every evening.
· Needs a proper battery tie-down
· Needs seat belts
This truck was obviously built for the street & not for the trail. It has always been stored inside when it wasn’t being daily driven. Someone needs to give this girl the little bit of attention she requires and enjoy it as a fun summer cruiser as I have. Asking price starts at $6000, I am open to offers.
Feel free to email or call with any questions. Thanks for looking.
evantwheeler at hotmail dot com
461-2776 area code Three Six Zero
Last edited by E WHEELER; 11-06-2011 at 07:53 PM.