2000 Ford F350 Monster! Rockwells & more! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Classifieds > Vehicles and Trailers For Sale
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 190907
2000 Ford F350 Monster! Rockwells & more!

FORD MONSTER TRUCK! In 2004, I had wild ideas of MY very own monster truck. I wanted to drive it, show it, perhaps a little off-road occasionally. We went to work on this project and this is what weíve finished almost 8 years later. Now, Iíve simply lost interest in it. Iíve used it a few times over the last couple of years for promotional stuff and it really draws a crowd but I have to trailer it instead of drive it. It will drive but I havenít tried it at highway speeds - not to mention itís VERY wide so it doesnít leave a lot of room for any mistakes.

What does it have you ask?

Above the chassis, sheís a 2000 model F350 with the 7.3L turbo-diesel engine and automatic. Bone stock except for a set of gauges and the 4" exhaust that exits under the truck. I am the 2nd owner of the truck. It has 140,587 miles on her and everything works as it should. She got new glow plugs in February 2011. I have installed Bushwacker cut-out flares, LED rear lighting, Ranch Hand bumpers front and rear and installed new headlights with clear corners. All the glass is good and the interior is very nice. Air-conditioner blows cold and the heat works great. The roll bar is custom built to my specs and includes the LED light bar and dash mounted controller. There are also led strobe lights in the front corner markers and rear taillights. (Some of the photos show signs on the doors - they are all magnetic and pull right off.) She is Arkansas street legal with the addition of the low-mounted headlights and turn signals.

Below the body are custom built front leaf packs from Valley Spring Service in Phoenix, custom rear coils from Skyjacker, Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks (2 per wheel), Rockwell 2.5 ton military axles - completely rebuilt, with 6.72 gears and Detroit lockers front and rear, 4-wheel steering (front is mechanical with hydraulic assist, rear is full hydraulic), driveline brake setup front and rear, 48x25-20 Goodyear Super Terra Grip LW tires on custom 20x21 steel wheels. (The rear was originally a leaf-spring setup but the tires would rub on the leafs when the rear steer was used. The rear leafs and all the brackets will be included with the truck.)

Obviously itís NOT a simple bolt on suspension system or a weekend wild-hair project. Sheís got lots of man-hours in her and is extremely well-built! With the Terra tires on it, it measures 105.5 inches in width. She stands just over 10 feet tall with the lightbar and weighs in the neighborhood of 10,000 pounds. She spends her time sitting in my shop building out of the weather. I will include a second set of 15x10 reversible steel wheels with 31" tires that were used during construction to move her around. The Terra tires still have the new ďstemsĒ on them so it hasnít been driven much since it became able to earlier this year. All parts were bought new except for the axles which were rebuilt units when I purchased them. The lockers inside them are new.

The trailer I bought specifically to haul this truck. Itís a 2010 model 30+5 foot Elite flatbed gooseneck trailer with tandem duals. Trailer has less than 500 miles on it.

$29,000 buys the truck. Want the trailer too? Add $6000. You could not duplicate this truck/trailer for any less. Trades considered. Delivery within 300 miles is negotiable.

YES, Trades considered up or down!! Looking for any of the following items: 2010-up Camaro SS - must be GREEN in color, M-series Kubota 4wd tractor, Polaris (Sportsman XP or Ranger 700cc and up - must be fuel injected), 87-93 Mustang drag car(s), 4-door Jeep, car trailer(s), 03-04 Cobra, 2006-2007.5 Dodge diesel (5.9) truck, 79-83 Toyota 4wd truck projects - or feel free to throw out a suggestion!

What I will NOT trade for: Guns, Harley motorcycles or any junk cars/trucks.

Serious inquiries only, please.

I will NOT part this truck out - please donít ask.

Truck has a clear Arkansas title and is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas - zip code 72701. E-mail to ďoutlaw105@cox.netĒ for more pictures or call Mel at 479-263-4360 most anytime.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32726
Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MattyB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 190907
Nope... not yet anyways!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 175411
Is it koh race legal?