Pirate 4x4 banner

Red Bull RockHer – Pro Modified Competition Rockcrawler for sale in San Diego

68K views 136 replies 36 participants last post by  RedBullJeep 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD - Red Bull RockHer – Pro Modified Competition Rockcrawler - SOLD

SOLD

If you cannot see the photos, then you'll need to get the extension for chrome (or whatever browser you use) as Photobucket pulled a shitty deal on us all and stopped allowing remote linking after over a decade of being perfectly fine with it.

$27,500.00

Yep, the Red Bull RockHer 2 is for sale…and yes, we are sad about that in a big way…

Built at BlueTorch Fabworks by Bender, Dan DuBose, Matt, James Schofield, Mikey Foster…plus a ton of help from others including Dallas Ashley of SFR Racing and Frank Johnson, this rig was designed to compete in the Pro Modified class of rockcrawling. To this day it is still one of the most advanced and true-to-form rigs to hit the course. LOADS of bells and whistles and capable of conquering incredible obstacles…this crawler is an absolute BLAST to drive. Right up front though: In its current form, this is not a trailrig, it’s a pure competition vehicle. Yes, we do drive it on some trails but due to the single-speed transfer case, if it’s a long drive, we’ll often put it on a strap behind another rig to get it to the trailhead and back. :dustin:

$27,500.00 Located in the San Diego area, it is pretty much ready to race. Contact Dustin at 619-820-3332

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Specifications:
Chassis: Blue Torch Fabworks
Weight: 2975 lbs with a 52% front weight bias
Wheelbase: 101.5”
Wheel Track: 78.5” front, 74.5” rear
Tires: 37x13.5x17 Pro Comp X-terrains with XCC competition rubber compound
Wheels: Pro Comp CORR Beadlocks – designed for short course racing (can run liners)
Suspension: Sway A Way - RaceRunner 2.0 AirShocks 14’s in the front and 16’s plus air bumps in the rear. The front lower links are PolyPerformance thru-hardened links and the rears are custom plate "J" arms for clearance.
Transfer Case: Lovell Air Shifted single-speed case with slipper valve for steep climbs
Axle Housings: Custom chromoly fabricated 9” housings made by Diamond Axle.
Axle Shafts: CTM Racing 300M 35 spline shafts with CTM 300M u-joints
Knuckles: Reid Racing chromoly KingPin Dana 60 knuckles with BTF high-steer arms
Center Sections: True Hi 9 centers, 5.38 gears, ARB Air Lockers, Yukon forged yokes
DriveShafts: JE Reel Driveline 1350 “Canyon Crawlers”
Brakes: Chevy ¾ ton calipers with twin pedal CNC 7/8” M/C’s and custom 4 way cutting brakes for Skid Steering and precision digs.
Engine: Late 90’s Chevy Vortec v6 with front exit exhaust, Dedenbear Electric Water Pump, and side facing Ron Davis Radiator with SPAL cooling fan.
Transmission: Dedenbear Race Case Powerglide built by Culhane Racing Transmissions.
Steering: West Texas and POS Behind the axle full hydro steering.
Seats: Master Craft 3G

Here is how the RockHer 2 looks right now:

edit: H'mmm, the photos look odd...something's up with photobucket as the shots look out of proportion. Will work on that but this will at least show you the chassis and components are in good shape.

#4 · (Edited)

Here you can see how we get such an awesome weight bias...the drivetrain sits WAYYY back in the chassis so everything is VERY low for an awesome CG:

These are the body panels that will be included...it's a complete set of new panels, plus you'll get a bunch of old panels too...I think we have a few more in storage and you'll get whatever we find, including a spare roof. The new panels will be unpainted...just the white gelcoat you see on the panels on the right. We own the molds so you can get more if you need them.

#17 ·
Damn Dustin SOOOOOOO wish I had some extra cash. I KNOW what's in this thing and you could never come close to building it for that price.

Don't forget it's always been run with all Amsoil fluids on a very strict fluid change interval so you know the internals are in great shape!!

Just sayin'. LOL.

#19 ·
Good thing I'm happy with my rig or else this would be in my garage. That thing is soooo pimp:grinpimp: Someone in AZ buy this please! (so I can wheel with it):smokin:

#22 ·
Got a killer idea. You should let me run it in W.E.Rock this year with a forsale sign on it and show people how great of a car it is!

Free bump for ya Dustin. whoever gets this rig will do great in it thats for sure!

#31 ·
I had a great time working on this car with Bender. This project was different from the word go. Some of the packaging in this car still amazes me.

Dan DuBose

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.