Pirate 4x4 banner

1994 FJZ80 Toyota Landcruiser

12K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  Roc Doc 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

OK, so "The Fat Girl With The Pretty Face" is for sale. $11, 500 obo. Clean title, no evidence of any accidents.

I've only had this Cruiser for a year and a half, but my life is taking a big turn and I'm not really going to have much opportunity to use it the way I intended. It's an awesome backroader/expo rig, that can crawl wherever it will fit. It will cruise at 80mph all day long (or at least until the gas tank runs dry), in total comfort with the AC on and sunroof open. If you know cruisers then you know this was the pinnacle of the line, with a DOHC 4.5l inline six, a tough 4spd OD automatic, solid axles (rear full floater), and factory lockers

247,xxx miles on the motor that doesn't use oil and passes smog with no issues. Mileage is actually less than that as it's spinning the odometer about 12% faster than stock. This helps a bunch in keeping up with traffic and at 80mph you're doing 3,000 RPM which that engine will do no problem.

Front axle has 5.29 gears and and factory locking differential. Three link suspension with Bilstein 9100 2.5" remote resivour coilovers. Spring rate is good as is damping (specs unknown). It's running a bit less caster than stock, so it turns awesome on the trail, or in the parking lots.

Rear axle is factory locking full floater with 5.29's and OME springs and shocks. (Edit; Rear locker is not working at this time, it works if you give it power so it's between the 3rd and the switch.)

Wheels are Interco 16x9 Birdgogs with 315/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, maybe 8,000 miles on them. The Birdogs are as near a beadlock you can get without actually clamping the tire and I've run them down into the low teens and never even burped a bead. The Duratracs are rated for 3840lbs per corner:eek:, so you can actually run them at 25PSI and have plenty of load capacity for this heavy rig, (great for driving back on the freeway after a day on the trail without having to air up).

Binksfab plate steel bumpers front and rear as well as their awesome rock sliders. To buy them would set you back about $3,000, and the craftsmanship is top notch. There is also a Smittybuilt 10,000lb winch and $800+ worth of Rigid LED lights mounted in the front.

Dual batteries, with high current isolation. Dual 12v outlets in the back, (perfect for a fridge, or whatever). Custom in-dash installation of Kenwood 65w 2m radio, Uniden CB and Pioneer Bluetooth, iPod/USBCD/AM/FM head unit, Alpine door speakers and underseat sub-woofer. New grey canvas Covercraft seatcovers. HIR bulbs in headlights (http://www.hirheadlights.com/stats.htm). Edit; And a high output alternator, 160a I think.

Front axle has all new seals, and felts, in addition to 3* offset kingpin bearings to make it more stable at speed. And I also have the Slee part-time kit that eliminates the center differential and uses locking hubs up front so you can drive in 2wd and save some fuel and wear on the front driveline. 7-pin mod is done.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Three-link.
Edited to show fresh re-seal of front axle.

Attachments

#4 ·
It's all good. whoever gets this rig is going to have fun, and I'll be back into something else eventually. moving to AZ, so it's not like I'm going to be starved for wheeling opportunities.

#8 · (Edited)
Bluetooth mic. (Edit; ABS light is on because I eliminated the ABS controller. It was locking up a wheel just before stop, and it was a pretty primitave design back in '94 and didn't work that well anyway. Brakes are stout, and LVPS has been adjusted for the lift in the rear.)

CD/Sirius/iPod/AM-FM, 65w Kenwood 2m, Uniden CB, Lowrance GPS

Underhood LED.

LED backup lights

Attachments

#13 ·
I've always been a quality over quantity kinda guy, but whatever, fat ladies need lovin' too I guess.

BTW, the seatcovers are new since Paul owned it! :D

#22 · (Edited)
Dave Ramsey wants you to have this truck.

Buy it!:flipoff2:

EDIT - Bump for a great deal. :smokin:

#17 ·
Front axle has been resealed with all new gaskets and 3* kingpin bearings. Restores most of the caster lost from the lift. Also put in new brake pads.

#27 ·
If the ad is up, then it's still for sale.

Fresh seals in front axle and new brake pads.

Attachments

#29 ·
Some more specs.

22" to bottom of frame
24" to bottom of slider
80" to top of roof rack

Some more interior pics

Attachments

#30 ·
Engine compartment, and spare parts, (ECU, AFM, Igniter, some relays), spare belts, original kingpin races, rear brake pads, hub caps.

Attachments

#31 ·
Old man muffler (nice and quiet), extended bumpstops, Slee coils, OME shocks, 8ga marine wire power feed for rear 12v outlets.

NO RUST!

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.