Pirate 4x4 banner

'81 Scrambler buildup: TX

548 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  bigwalton 
#1 ·
This seemed worthy of posting on here given the nature of the build.

I AM NOT THE SELLER.

Contact the seller on email: pricej02[at]yahoo[dot]com

He's asking $10k. Here's the main details, check the full post here

--------------------
'81 Scrambler (the title is clean and is about the only thing that is still '81 about it)

The scrambler has a new mandrel bent frame from advanced frame works (before it was sold to one of the fabricators) built on '82 specs with the taller front shock towers. It was hot dip galvanized to make it almost rust proof. The frame is sitting on a "new" 4inch black diamond lift. I have a (rebuilt '88 YJ) 4.2 liter 258 inline six with the MOPAR fuel injection kit a HUGE plus) added. Behind it is a 6.32:1 chevy NV4500 (my favorite part) with a dodge 4wd output shaft - this tranny has the granny low AND the overdrive in it's 5 gears (I'm almost more sad about losing this than the whole Jeep ).

I have the advanced adapter one piece bellhousing (not adapter plate) and dana 300 adapter. The same bellhousing will work for all amc motors I believe. Both the dana 300 and nv4500 have been rebuilt and the only miles on them are from when I got it running till now. The motor had 15,000 on the rebuild and less than 2-3K more since I got it driveable. The jeep has all new stainless steel brake and fuel lines as well as stainless steel emergency cables from inline tube (www.inlinetube.com).

The Jeep came to me with the stock Narrow Track axles. BigWalton (www.cj-8.com board) came into a nice setup for his Postal so he was looking to sell his freshly rebuilt widetracks and I couldn't pass it up. Now sitting under my Jeep are a Dana-30 and AMC-20 widetrack from a CJ. The gears are 3.54 and I have no problem hitting 70 on the highway and combined with the granny low of the NV4500 I have great crawling on the trail. The axles are also locked front and rear with Aussie lockers. The rear 20 is a Moser one piece and the front 30 has the 6 bolt manual locking hubs (read "stronger all around"). I have also twin sticked the Dana 300.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.