Pirate 4x4 banner

92 Toyota SAS/TRUGGY-EXOCAGE 4 Linked rear

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtylaundry 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD -SOLD - SOLD

1992 Toyota SAS/TRUGGY and with TUBULAR style rear frame & EXOCAGE, SR5 interior

Engine - 22RE - 4cyl bone stock with 120k (224k on chassis) smog legal with working ICE COLD Air Conditioning – ICE COLD! – It has a V6 Aluminum Radiator which helps it to never overheat while wheeling in this Texas heat.

Trans - 5 speed W56, FROR twin sticks, Dual cases 2.28/4.7 21 spline, Marlin adapter. Clutch has less than 1000 miles on it. All Pro trans-case ebrake kit.

Front axle - Full built with 5.29 High Pinion elocker, Trail Gear High steer, ARP studs, 30 spline longs with chrome moly hub gears, 85 housing gusseted, diff armor TG 2" ram assist (fantastic option to have) with high volume pump and ported late model box. Brand new Trail Gear felt kit with thicker rock guards.

Rear axle - 5.29 IFS rear with elocker, 4 Runner linked rear frame swapped in with All Pro 4" springs and 2" spacers.

Tires/Wheels – 37x17" blue label BFG Krawlers with Trail Gear beadlocks. 75% tread left. They are in great condition with rock rash. These tires are flat out awesome. Very grippy…

Interior - Very clean interior with re-upholstered SR5 seats, dash cluster, custom made in cab winch controller, front and rear E-lockers are wired into switches on the dash that look factory, very clean. Clutch bypass switch, In dash 2 meter race radio, in dash CB, plus BRAND NEW Clarion stereo and Speakers with IPOD cord. am/fm/cd radio. 4 point harness plus original seat belts.

Suspension - leaf spring front and 4 link rear from a factory Toyota 4runner with All Pro FJ80 lift coils and 2" spacer.

Other cool stuff - On board air via Warn 9500 Powerplant winch with Masterpull rope, in cab winch controller, on board air lines plumbed into rear tank with quick connect fittings on both sides, Exo cage, removable doors, ice chest, aluminum toolbox, CB, Yellow top Optima much, much more.

Work done since I have owned it - I have installed a new TG power assist steering pump (old one was leaking), Installed new Felt kits on front axle, Installed new rear axle shafts, I have had the rear spring buckets relocated so that springs sit straight up and down rather than at a arch, we also reinforced the rear links and set the pinion angle of rear axle. It has a NEW rear drive shaft because I bent the other on a rock and didn’t want to take a chance of it twisting into 2 pieces half way up a trail.

This is a Street Legal Rock Crawling rig. It is geared perfect. I purchased the Toyota about 1.5 years ago from the builder in California and I have enjoyed it a great deal. Now that my kids and wife are hooked on this hobby/sport we have decided to build up the Jeep to do the same trails as the Toyota.

I will help with shipping if I can, I can also help with delivery if needed.

Asking 10,950.00 obo

Location is Northlake, TX 76247

Only Jeep trades will be considered but I would rather trade cash. Trade value is worth much more than asking price. I will also consider a partial trade for a 30-35 foot goose-neck low boy trailer (no pipe rail). You can email me at collinsmotorsports@gmail.com with offers or pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As the former owner and builder of this truck I can tell you that this thing is very capable both on and off road. I built it with the intention of driving it to the Hammers, running the trails, and driving it home at 70 mph. It does all that and more and is by far the most versatile and reliable crawler I've ever owned. This truggy is loaded with all the right parts and is smog and street legal with ice cold a/c! A rare combo to find but that's how I wanted it.

I have complete build photos and history of this vehicle for any prospective buyers if they're interested back to the time it was an IFS truck. It has run Moab, Johnson Valley and many other trails on the west coast. Very nicely equipped capable vehicle. Good luck with the sale. :smokin:

Vince

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.