Pirate 4x4 banner

Need TH400 Version NP205!!

332 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GrimWHeeler 
#1 ·
I'm sure you've all heard this a thousand times.. but after searching the For sale section for an hour or so.. I'm going to post this..

Need to pick up a TH400 version NP205, preferably a 84 or older with the "peanut" or "figure 8" Bolt pattern (32 spline female 2" long), but if you have an 85 or newer one, could use that too (round style mount 3 1/2" 32spline imput)

Let me know!!

I am in Eugene OR, so let me know, if you can, what the shipping is to 97402..

if I don't respont to the post right away.. E-mail me. I check it from work all day every day.. GrimWheeler@yahoo.com

#2 ·
how about creating your own?

buy a 205 from a 4spd or th350. should be cheap and plentiful, normally you can pick them up for $50-150. completely dis-assemble it, have the front bearing hole bored out and the install the new beaing and input shaft for the th400. the input shaft and bearing are readily available. all the other parts interchange.
now re-assemble the t-case with new seals and bearings if needed and you've got yourself a th400 version rebuilt and reliable 205! :) and you can do all this for $200-400! :D

#3 ·
Yup - did one last year. $60 in labor to machine out the case and a $200 kit from ORD for the parts required. Easy job to do.

Are you doing a 203/205 doubler?

#4 ·
actually I do have a th350 version and a divorced np205... I was feeling pretty lazy and not wanting to bug my machinest buddy to bore the case for me (he's a jeep guy and takes a long time doing things :shaking: )

then I'd have to get Thicky 30 spine sag front yoke (unless the np203 one I have will fit) and the shaft :confused: , ..not sure on the price of the shaft. As for the rear, the 1/2 ton yoke would work (I have a hybrid 1/2 ton - 1 ton joint in there now (my 203 is the HD version)), ..

so actually..

ORD sells the 32 spline input, bearing, and seal for $200,
30 or 32 spline front output shaft - $120-160
front sag yoke - Free if mine is either/or

rough guess would be $320 :smokin:

which would be a touch cheaper than buying one for $500.. but on the other hand.. I'd have to do all the labor to get the np205 ready for action.

OR, sell my th350 and adapter and core th350 to a friend that needs it, and come up with the rest to buy on from Jeep guy.. (I think thats his name)

damn the possibilitys are endless..... thanks for the Ideas!!!! :cool2:

#5 ·
Yes I am doing the doubler..

have been thinking of saving up for WMS's 3.6 gear set for the 203 range box too... that will be a while though....

as well I am wanting to stick to the DL's that I have now.. so I don't have to get rid of the sag CV etc.. and the rear I can just use the 1310 joints (I think, would have to go measure and/or check for clips.. its been a while since I've messed with the rear DL.. LOL (yes I'm lazy :laughing: ))

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.