Pirate 4x4 banner

New Member - Looking For Parts - 77 F150 4X4 460 - Texas

657 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  trevelyn1015 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking For Parts - 77 F150 4X4 460 - Texas - NP205, Fan Shroud, More...

hi. my name is christian, and i just joined the site...

this summer i bought a 77 f150 with a 460, c6, np203, 6" suspension lift, 38.5" tires, and in need of some tlc...

i am looking for many things for this truck... this truck is supposed to be my "in" to the offroad community. i am using it to learn everything i can about trucks, engines, offroading, etc... i know it will be a good project and this site seems to be an excellent resource for help, new friends, and parts...

here are a few things i am looking to get... some are "just if someone has it laying around"...

np205 and anything that goes with it to make it work on my truck...(my 203 is shot)

my tranny seems ok, but i would buy a c6 hooked up to a 205, also... obviously i am looking for them to be in working order, ready for me and my buddies to just bolt up and get the new driveshafts built...

i need a fan shroud

i need most of the components to replace the ac system(doesn't work)...

i am looking to upgrade to larger axles. dana 60's? i dunno what would be best for running between 40 and 44" tires...?

i need a rebuild kit for my motor.. i wanna get it running strong and dependable...

i would like to see if i could locate a new dash, possibly... door panels? seatbelts?

and anything else you might have for this truck that you feel i would be interested in, feel free to post... i want to basically fix it up as an old school truck... i am not gonna just fabricate new stuff for the interior, or bolt a ton of stuff on the outside... i love the retro look of the 70's fords and wanna keep as much of it as possible...

thanks in advance...

oh, and i go to school in huntsville, texas... am from college station, texas... and work in conroe, texas...

so if you are anywhere around any of those cities, i could meet you to pick up whatever...

and, obviously, i can get stuff from houston, waco, etc...

anyway... thanks alot... that is all i can think of needing, now...

oh, and here is a picture of the truck:

See less See more
#6 ·
I have a 76 F250 4X4 With D44 front and D60 rear with 4.10 gears and a 205 T-case.. The engine(460) and tranny(C6) are there too but they are shot.. $600.00 and you pick up (I can help load)..

#11 ·
Just a recommendation... if the front half of your 203 (range box) is still good I would buy a 205 and an doubler adapter, you have enough wheelbase and that would give you a bunch of gears. I made my own adapter, but there is someone on this BB who sells them for what I spent building my own (search) it. good luck, makes me miss my 77.

#16 ·
As far as the a/c stuff goes, I would just buy them replacement parts new, you cant use a used drier, and the rest of the stuff such as the condenser and what not are probably contaminated if the system has been open for very long.

You will want to run Dana 60's if your planning on running 40's or 44's. I have a rear 60 for $100, but you will want a front 60 also, and you will likely want to regear so you can turn 44's. I go through Amarillo often if your interested in my rear dana 60.

as far as bolt on, or interior pieces go check out www.LMCtruck.com they got a lot of cool stuff for restoring 70's trucks. or call 1800 222 5664 there in kansas.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.