Pirate 4x4 banner

Dana 20 clocking adapter who wants one

2K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  wfo4x4 
#1 · (Edited)
i need two more buyers for a dana 20 clocking adapter from www.Bulltear.com he said around 300 dollars
he is a board member vendor. below is a reply to a post i made earlier.

i hope this is cool with the Moderators, i just want one really bad

"Smitrock I know we touched on this before a little. I may have some time for the clocking adaptors next week. We have made flat and drivers side drop th400-dana 20 adaptors but are out of stock and they take soo much dang time to make its a PITA but if we had more than 2 orders I would set up again"

#4 ·
kodiak77 said:
I Am Interested In One If You Can Get Me More Info And Pics. I Am Currently Putting Together A Th-400 And 20 Combo.
Being you're a newb I don't expect you to know who MC is for a search since his name wasn't specified, otherwise I would have screamed "SEARCH".
Here's the spec write up;
write_up
Bulltear
And his debut to the vendor's board;
Bulltear as a new PBB Vendor

#6 · (Edited)
kodiak
i hope that you look at the links provided, the only difference would be the mounting pad location. this would be clocked to allow you to run your tcase flat

bspencer, i am not sure what the adapter looks like in your application, you could contact MC directly and ask him

this is a good thing guys, we (I) need this for the flat skid

#7 ·
bspencer said:
maybe if it could clock my dana 20 behind my T18..............but im not running a TH400
You can clock the factory T18 adaptor. Just drill and tap the case where you want it to sit. The adaptor will rotate on the rear bearing and hold it square. You may not be able to use the right hand upper bolts, but there are more than enough holding those adaptors on.

The problem with clocking on a T18 is that there isn't much room before the shifter hits the case.

#8 ·
How About A Definite Price And Shipping To 83201. I Was Going To Clock My Case Flat By Redrilling The Case As Stated In The Previous Post But I Dont Think That Would Work Out In The Long Run With Much Abuse. I Think I Am Definetly Interested So Let Me Know. Looks Like A Real Nice Peice!

Thanks

#11 ·
bspencer said:
the AA T-18 adapter i have only has 4 bolts anyways........ its because it was a ford T-18

it would be possible though for the factory jeep T-18 with the factory adapter cince it has a ring pattern for the bolts
The one that I clocked was a factory scout adaptor on a Ford case. Drilled the holes where I wanted them and it worked pretty well. 6 bolts around the output shaft and 2 big ones at the top of the adaptor.

#13 ·
Old Jeep is right. The back of the Ford tranny has alot of room to drill and tap for new bolt positions. Its the shift tower that is a problem. Now with a new shift tower design?????

#18 ·
come on guys, we have two, need one more

if toy are running the th400 dana 20 you will kick yourself in the ass later
better adapter, and a flat skid at the same time

#24 ·
Dave, Allen got your orders here at the same time. We needed three to make this happen and I was the third order. Old jeep yes you can make a clocking plate however you compromise gear strength and your still stuck with a weak adaptor...wish their was a easy cheap fix! These adaptors have seen over 500ft lbs of torque and broken motor mounts and havent seen a single break. Thanks fo rthe orders guys and if anyone else is thinking about this 9:00 adaptor let me know we can clock them to any setting.

-MC

#26 · (Edited)
MC said:
Old jeep yes you can make a clocking plate however you compromise gear strength and your still stuck with a weak adaptor-MC
Compromise gear strength? In what way? The spline enguagement is still more than the diameter of the splined shaft when using a clocking plate.

I managed to rip 1/2 the teeth off the low range gear without hurting the adaptor, so I think it'll survive. :D

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.