Pirate 4x4 banner

Looking for 3/4 ton chevy SE Indiana

390 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  j10james 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a 3/4 ton Chevy (73-87) to use as a parts truck. Running would be nice, but not necessary. I want a mostly stock truck, with a manual transmission and a gas engine. If anyone has one in the area they want to get rid of cheap, let me know.

#2 ·
I've got a 76 blazer with 4" lift. It has a front 44, flat tops on both sides, warn premiums. Rear 12 bolt. It runs, even has a brand new hot rod wiring harness in it that has a few wires left to hook up. The top has the sliding windows in it and it's removable. Frame is absolutely perfect. It has alloy rims too. $700 OBO

I know it's not a 3/4T, but thought I'd throw it out there.

#3 ·
EasyXJ said:
I've got a 76 blazer with 4" lift. It has a front 44, flat tops on both sides, warn premiums. Rear 12 bolt. It runs, even has a brand new hot rod wiring harness in it that has a few wires left to hook up. The top has the sliding windows in it and it's removable. Frame is absolutely perfect. It has alloy rims too. $700 OBO

I know it's not a 3/4T, but thought I'd throw it out there.
I'd love to get a Blazer some day, but need the 3/4 ton axles. Thanks anyway!

#4 ·
If you are looking for 60's or 60/14b, I found that all of the yards I called in the area want premo dollar for their axles.

I ended up finding my 60's off ebay. Got them pretty cheap, just under $750 for both.

It took about a month and a half of watching Ebay real close.

Good luck on your hunt.

#5 ·
cj7jeep81 said:
I'm looking for a 3/4 ton Chevy (73-87) to use as a parts truck. Running would be nice, but not necessary. I want a mostly stock truck, with a manual transmission and a gas engine. If anyone has one in the area they want to get rid of cheap, let me know.

Not quite what you're looking for but I have an '84 K30. 350,TH400,205 with a 60 front and 14 bolt rear. The frame is rusty but could be used for a trail rig. Carb needs work but the motor runs, tranny leaks but goes in/out of gear fine. $1500 for the complete truck with title. No bed or rear bumper.

I also have a rust free cab and front clip, tilt wheel and big tach cluster with harness, new cab mounts and some other misc stuff for sale separately.

I'll be on the road for the next two days but send me an email if interested. I'm about 80 miles north of the Indiana/Michigan line right on Lake Michigan.

#6 · (Edited)
YJPep said:
If you are looking for 60's or 60/14b, I found that all of the yards I called in the area want premo dollar for their axles.

I ended up finding my 60's off ebay. Got them pretty cheap, just under $750 for both.

It took about a month and a half of watching Ebay real close.

Good luck on your hunt.
Thanks, but I'm not looking for a 60 right now, and I need a lot of the parts for other projects. I need an sm-465, stock 3/4 ton springs, stock 3/4 steering, a V8, and 3/4 ton axles. I figure I could buy all the pieces individually, but would be cheaper (and easier) to just buy a donor that had all this, then part out/scrap what's left.

lt1yj said:
Not quite what you're looking for but I have an '84 K30. 350,TH400,205 with a 60 front and 14 bolt rear. The frame is rusty but could be used for a trail rig. Carb needs work but the motor runs, tranny leaks but goes in/out of gear fine. $1500 for the complete truck with title. No bed or rear bumper.

I also have a rust free cab and front clip, tilt wheel and big tach cluster with harness, new cab mounts and some other misc stuff for sale separately.

I'll be on the road for the next two days but send me an email if interested. I'm about 80 miles north of the Indiana/Michigan line right on Lake Michigan.
Thanks for the offer, but that's a bit far for me right now. I am in southeastern Indiana, about halfway between Indy and Cincy.

#7 ·
hey i know where one for sale is. actually its a single tire ton, but the front 60 has been replaced with a 44 or 10b. reg cab, long bed. 350/465/205. its a running and driving truck with a title. 14b ff rear. 3:73 gears. 33-12.50-16.5 trailblazers M/T that are almost slick. solid aluminum 8 lug wheels. its located in western ky about 2-2 1/2 hours south of evansville. wanting 1900 for it. send me a pm or email me at myojunk@hotmail.com or call me at 270-350-1172 if interested. thanks chris

#8 ·
myojunk said:
hey i know where one for sale is. actually its a single tire ton, but the front 60 has been replaced with a 44 or 10b. reg cab, long bed. 350/465/205. its a running and driving truck with a title. 14b ff rear. 3:73 gears. 33-12.50-16.5 trailblazers M/T that are almost slick. solid aluminum 8 lug wheels. its located in western ky about 2-2 1/2 hours south of evansville. wanting 1900 for it. send me a pm or email me at myojunk@hotmail.com or call me at 270-350-1172 if interested. thanks chris
Thanks, but that's more than I'm wanting to spend.

#13 ·
lt1yj said:
If I can't find a complete truck for around $500, I'll go down the route of getting the individual pieces down the road as they need them. My first job will be lowering my '78 K20, so first I'll need the springs and steering. After I do that, I'll probably sell my 10" lift and steering correction, and then buy whatever I need next. I'd like to just buy a complete truck to tear apart as I need, but doesn't look like that will be happening. Thanks for the heads up though!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.