Yukon zip locker - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Vendor Forums > Yukon Gear
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 159655
Yukon zip locker

I installed two zip lockers with Yukon 4.88 gears in my 06 TJ rubicon. These lockers are great! I've wheeled with folks with ARB's that broke and I'm still rolling strong. I have two small issues though. The bulkhead setup, it's just a copper tube going into a quick release air line fitting, it uses the pressure of the plastic air line to hold it in place. I have had to remove the diff cover two now to reinstall the copper tube in the air line due to it coming undone. Also, the air line that was supplied is a different size(7mm) then the usual ARB air line. I can not find a splice kit for it. Now I know what most will say, if the lines are ran correctly, you won't have an issue. Well, brush has an amazing way of snagging well protected stuff. Does anybody know of a splice kit and of a upgrade for the bulkhead fitting? I know I can make one up by going to the local hardware store but this should have came with the lockers.
toecutter1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Originally Posted by toecutter1978 View Post
I installed two zip lockers with Yukon 4.88 gears in my 06 TJ rubicon. These lockers are great! I've wheeled with folks with ARB's that broke and I'm still rolling strong. I have two small issues though. The bulkhead setup, it's just a copper tube going into a quick release air line fitting, it uses the pressure of the plastic air line to hold it in place. I have had to remove the diff cover two now to reinstall the copper tube in the air line due to it coming undone. Also, the air line that was supplied is a different size(7mm) then the usual ARB air line. I can not find a splice kit for it. Now I know what most will say, if the lines are ran correctly, you won't have an issue. Well, brush has an amazing way of snagging well protected stuff. Does anybody know of a splice kit and of a upgrade for the bulkhead fitting? I know I can make one up by going to the local hardware store but this should have came with the lockers.
When you assemble the bulkhead, there should have been a rubber o ring in there. That o ring is what holds the copper line in place, not the plastic air line. You push the copper line up through the bulkhead, then slip the o ring over it. Then you push the quick release fitting, with plastic hose in it, over the copper line and tighten it in place. Thus squeezing the o ring and causing a nice seal and fastener if you will.

As for the splice kit, I'm not sure. I'll let Yukon chime in there.
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com
10% PIRATE COUPON CODE (not valid for harnesses and PCM tuning): pirate4x4

2013 - Trail Gear Western Series Regional Champion
2013 - Smittybilt EMC Series National Champion

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, AllTech Motorsports, A1 Performance Transmissions and Converters, Randy's Racing Transmissions, PRP Seats, Reid Racing, Radflo, CBR Performance, Trail Gear, RuffStuff Specialties, LifeTime LED Lights, Rugged Race Radios, DynoMAX, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
waynehartwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 159655
An oring? That was not in either locker kit nor was that covered by the instructions. Maybe mine were the first run and sat on a shelf.
toecutter1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
An oring? That was not in either locker kit nor was that covered by the instructions. Maybe mine were the first run and sat on a shelf.
It's small and easy to miss and probably got tossed out. Bottom line, it's not there and that's why the airline keeps coming apart.

It's in the directions...Look on page #9
http://www.yukongear.com/Downloads/M...stallation.pdf
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com

Special thanks to: My Family and Friends, Yukon Gear and Axle, AllTech Motorsports, A1 Performance Transmissions and Converters, Randy's Racing Transmissions, PRP Seats, Reid Racing, Radflo, CBR Performance, Trail Gear, RuffStuff Specialties, LifeTime LED Lights, Rugged Race Radios, DynoMAX, DiffsOnly.com, and 150Tunes.com
Old 08-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 21555
Send a message via Yahoo to Little Red Zuk
YZLAL-KIT is the Air line repair kit.

Tellico Rally post #45
Little Red Zuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 159655
Ok, I looked through the instructions on both of the sets. The one that I used does not have that page, the other one that stayed in the box did. I wonder if that one was just missing or was opened and taken away. That oring, was it in the package that the solenoid for the air compressor was in, that also had the bulkhead fitting? Can Yukon chime in and tell me the size it is supposed to be so I can pick them up locally? Thank you for the splice kit part #.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
That oring, was it in the package that the solenoid for the air compressor was in, that also had the bulkhead fitting?
Yes
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com

Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Member # 210911
The ID of the o ring is 50.47mm +/-0.43mm with a cross section measuring 2.62.. +/-0.08mm.

If you would like you can PM me your address and I will send a couple of them to you.

Thank you
YukonGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 113275
I beleive that the lines are standard 1/4 inch. this is nice because you can pick up replacement line or other fittings at any truck stop, napa, or other parts store. they are not an off MM size like ARB
Longiotti Racing, #115 CalRocs, Sponsors: Low Range OffRoad, Yukon Axle and Gear

Last edited by longiotti; 08-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.
longiotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 159655
Thank you, PM sent. The lines that came with the lockers say 7mm on them. I know that's close, but I tried some ARB line and would not fit. Luckily they both came with plenty of line.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Member # 210911
The orings are on the way.

Thank you
YukonGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 159655
Thank you so much! That is great customer service. I did not even know I was missing a part and you send it to me. Thank you so much! I will be ordering the splice kit soon. Hopefully it's in stock :-)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 35700
Quote:
Thank you so much! That is great customer service. I did not even know I was missing a part and you send it to me. Thank you so much! I will be ordering the splice kit soon. Hopefully it's in stock :-)
That's typical Yukon customer service
www.DiffsOnly.com
www.Jeeperman.com

Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 159655
I received a pair of o rings today, also an email. Thank you for them. I will install them on the fluid change or when the lines pop out again, what ever comes first.