The 2013 General Tire Mint 400, presented by Polaris – is now available to rent or purchase through Apple iTunes. The special two-hour digital version of the primetime television show captures the most dynamic and thrilling off-road racing on the planet – at the most prestigious and challenging off-road race in America. Read the rest of this entry »
- The 2011 Class 1 Mint 400 winner sits down to answer a few questions about this year’s race.
Las Vegas, NV – March 21, 2012. The tradition of the General Tire Mint 400 continues this weekend as the off-road community descends upon the Nevada desert. Read the rest of this entry »
- General Tire will continue to support desert off-road racing.
Fort Mill, SC – December 19, 2011. General Tire and Baldwin Motorsports will amicably part ways at the end of this year. Following extensive internal discussions, officials at General Tire determined that they need to focus on fulfilling the needs of the high consumer demand for General Tire products and are unable to accommodate the product request required by Baldwin Motorsports by the beginning of the 2012 season. Read the rest of this entry »
Baja California, Mexico – (November 19, 2011) In a grueling battle to the end, General Tire’s Team GT member Justin Davis won the Class 1 division of the 44th annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000. At just 18 years of age Davis becomes the youngest driver in history to win the Baja 1000. Read the rest of this entry »
- The Grabber tire will be used by all six Team GT members during the 692.82-mile race.
Baja California, Mexico – November 14, 2011. Team General Tire (Team GT) is ready to dominate the 44th annual Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 race. The legendary race, held on the treacherous Baja Peninsula, will begin and end in Ensenada over the course of two days (November 18-20). Read the rest of this entry »
- 2011 Dakar stretches across more than 5,500 miles of grueling terrain from Argentina to Chile
- Renowned driver Darren Skilton, Hall of Fame automotive journalist Sue Mead and 4WD expert Tom Collins team up for the 2011 Dakar in their Team USA Ford F-150 Raptor featuring General Tires Read the rest of this entry »
- “Ballistic” BJ Baldwin wins the Best in the Desert Championship (BITD) in class Trick Truck
- Jason/Rich Voss take the win at BITD TransWest Ford Henderson 250 in TrickTruck and finish 2nd in the BITD Championship
- David Schneider BITD championship in class 4400
- Louis Chamberlin BITD championship in class 7-2 Read the rest of this entry »
ENSENADA, Baja, Mexico – (November 22, 2010) – Team General Tire and the General Tire Grabber competition tire took on the desert once more at the 43rd annual Tecate Baja 1000, which stretches from Ensenada to La Paz, Mexico, and results in the longest version of the SCORE Baja 1000 known as the Peninsula Run. Read the rest of this entry »
PAMONA, Calif. – (October 9, 2010) – General Tire is proud to announce that it will be the title sponsor and spec tire of the 2011 General Tire Jeepspeed Challenge. Full details on this exciting sponsorship will be announced at the Off-Road Expo in Pomona, California, Oct. 9th at 2:00 pm in the General Tire booth. Read the rest of this entry »